PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Phosphate Checker Vials

Reef Pilot
04-15-2012, 03:48 PM
I broke one of the vials, so makes it harder to test because of the 3 min time limit. Does anyone know where I could get another one, without buying a whole test kit?

Another option I have is to buy the Calcium checker to get extra vials, but have heard they might not be accurate. Do they use the exact same vials?

reefme
04-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Yes.

monocus
04-15-2012, 05:10 PM
where i bought all my hanna checkers on ebay;they also sell separate vials.not sure on the price.now i have to check if they sell the liquid for the calcium as i spilt 2 bottles and have tons of the powder

Reef Pilot
04-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the replies. ATM, am leaning towards getting the Hanna Ca Checker, if it has the same vials. I just hope it is accurate.

randallino
04-15-2012, 10:51 PM
All Hanna vials are the same size.

monocus
04-16-2012, 04:32 AM
the ca is very accurate-just make sure you really read the directions as it's different than the other checkers.

FragIt Dan
04-16-2012, 06:23 AM
the ca is very accurate-just make sure you really read the directions as it's different than the other checkers.

Why do you say the Ca checker from Hannah is very accurate? I can't get consistent results, despite following directions. I have been through the forums to pick up all the help and tips as well.

monocus
04-16-2012, 02:39 PM
it's possible a slight difference in r/o water,volume of water,liquid regent,powdered regent,etc.sometimes the mls are hard to see on the syringe.i did a control test 3 times and got results within 5 on all my readings

FragIt Dan
04-16-2012, 04:19 PM
it's possible a slight difference in r/o water,volume of water,liquid regent,powdered regent,etc.sometimes the mls are hard to see on the syringe.i did a control test 3 times and got results within 5 on all my readings

Sweet! I did the same thing and got results from 360-420 with my first three tests (all done at the same time). That gives me hope :) I will run a few more tests and see if I can get things dialed in a bit more. That was exactly what I was hoping to hear!