PDA

View Full Version : Lets have a nice topic about vendors you've gotten good stock from.

FWC
04-14-2012, 05:48 PM
In light of all the shenanigans going on about certain vendors ,I figured why not start a topic about the positive experiences with people you've bought stuff from and you've been happy with.

I'll go first.

I got several frags from Red Coral edmonton ,and I couldn't be happier. They are large ,healthy frags and have color second to none.

bling_bling466
04-14-2012, 06:16 PM
FRAGALOT!! sorry i had to say it lol

tim the toolman
04-14-2012, 06:26 PM
I also get amazing service from red coral Edmonton every time. Steve is awesome and so is his selection of corals and supplies. I try and do as much of my shopping through him as I can.
Online I have had good luck with aqua cave and goreef

subman
04-14-2012, 06:44 PM
I always get excellent service at Blue World, Ken and Shannon are amazing people.

To be perfectly honest I have only gotten good service in this hobby. Some lfs are good and others are great, I have not had the bad experiences that others have had anywhere locally or online. Great people in a great hobby.

Madmak
04-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Good advice is just as important to me as good service. Red Coral Calgary and Gold's Aquarium have been great. Modular LED has also been very helpful and may likely get my light business. Pisces is hit or miss, depends who you talk to, nice store to browse. J&L online is top notch for pricing and shipping. Big Al's also has decent pricing for supplies. Ocean Creations and Wai's are okay, Riverfront is nasty.

This is all IMO and limited to Calgary or online. Nobody beats CanReef though! :)

Cal_stir
04-14-2012, 09:12 PM
BRS, GOREEF, PETS AND PONDS, REEFWATER, I've had great service from these vendors.

jorjef
04-14-2012, 09:31 PM
My most recent but yet to have the order shipped is

Caco3reef.
He has gone beyond the call of duty sorting through the maxi's he got in and I'm pretty pumped about the five he has set aside. Definitely someone I will buy from again.

Bayside Corals.
Colby and Gustavo have endless knowledge, great customer service and bullet proof packing and never short on corals.

J&L Aquatics.
Great selection of dry goods and quick shipping.

Modular LED
Very easy to deal with, great pricing and quick delivery.

Myka
04-14-2012, 09:44 PM
I have bought livestock from sooo many vendors across western Canada over the years. I don't remember any "bad" experiences.

Good experiences in the last year: Bayside Corals, The Reef Shoppe, Fragalot, Red Coral Edmonton, Blue World Edmonton.

CherylMcKay
04-14-2012, 11:22 PM
JL aquatics has always been very good about what livestock they ship up north. I have never had a problem and we have only one way to get livestock here.

reefan
04-14-2012, 11:30 PM
J&L has been pretty good for some things.
BRS is good for reef supplies.
Coral Master is my preference for getting frags.

jjntm
04-15-2012, 12:06 AM
I have had good experiences with J&L, Oceanic, Ocean Aquatics, king eds, "the non sponsored F word" and places in the states as well...

Reef Pilot
04-15-2012, 12:34 AM
I would have to say most of the LFS's that I frequent around Metro Vancouver are good, albeit they have different strengths.

But for online ordering, have to mention Eli of Caco3reef for exceptional customer service. I had a few questions after an order about the use of some of his products. He not only answered emails promptly and thoroughly, but offered to phone me if I needed further explanation. I even felt a bit guilty that he was willing to take the extra time and effort with me, as I am sure the profit he made wouldn't cover his time. So he is one vendor that I would highly recommend and he will get more business from me, for sure.