PDA

View Full Version : Online Livestock Dealers

Element
04-14-2012, 05:32 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good, and trustworthy website to buy livestock from. I was looking at Live Aquaria and sadly, they only ship to the US.

I know JL sells livestock online, but are there any other reputable dealers?

Thanks,
Element

mohammadali
04-14-2012, 07:16 PM
I think im lucky i live near J&L :)
i didnt know that ppl from diff provinces shop from J&L

and good luck with ur online shopping

Mike-fish
04-15-2012, 12:01 AM
only one that i know of for fish is jl
for corals ive heard of a few but havent tried any yet

dreef
04-15-2012, 12:59 AM
Bayside corals...he ships across canada.

Myka
04-15-2012, 01:58 AM

Yep, and he won't ship you crap either. Very honest vendor. He posts on Facebook and Reefbook some of his shipments so you can buy WYSIWYG. Just "like" him on Facebook to get the updates on your feed.

Skimmerking
04-15-2012, 02:27 AM
I have been buying from Colby at Bayside corals for about 3 years now and nothing but the best from him

reefermadness
04-15-2012, 02:35 AM
I was this close to buying some a few corals from Colby at bayside...even though I live fairly close to many good stores. Colby seems to get some nice stuff....

Anyway...glad others are happy with him....I should pull the trigger next time.

lockrookie
04-15-2012, 03:29 AM
You will never be disappointed with colby he has great quality pieces. Great customer service... I love dealing with him I really haven't purchased a lot from him since start up of my 90 due to funding my other projects..but I hope to remedy that soon. I miss my trips to his store.

Sent from nowhere in particular

krisalexander
04-15-2012, 04:25 AM
I would do Oceanic Corals Paul is great at shipping.. Or the before mentioned J & L do it well too.

mohammadali
04-15-2012, 04:51 AM

wow BAYSIDE CORAL is way expansive they sell a fire fish for $25 and J&L selling for $11

jorjef
04-15-2012, 05:10 AM
wow BAYSIDE CORAL is way expansive they sell a fire fish for $25 and J&L selling for $11

I'm surprised you're surprised given the geographical difference. In Regina they are 40$ but that's a whole different story in itself.

dreef
04-15-2012, 05:20 AM
Good call Jeff,seriously bayside isn't a big company and the heck with your LFS..it makes me laugh.

jorjef
04-15-2012, 05:26 AM
Good call Jeff,seriously bayside isn't a big company and the heck with your LFS..it makes me laugh.

It makes me cry lol. I go in just to marvel at the livestock prices.

dreef
04-15-2012, 04:05 PM
I know tell me about it,how about 79 bucks for a mandarin goby ?? always good for a laugh.

jorjef
04-15-2012, 05:01 PM
I know tell me about it,how about 79 bucks for a mandarin goby ?? always good for a laugh.

Ya but he's a sweeeeeeet goby!! lol

Reefie
04-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Think of it this way.....

Vancouver is a major shipping port for Canada. Corals and Fish may come from Fiji, Indian Ocean, Vietnam, Hawaii, Pacific Ocean, etc. It will always be cheaper to ship to Vancouver as it is closer than the Prairies. Prairie stores may have to get items shipped through Vancouver, hence the extra shipping resulting in a higher retail price.

Just to rub things in a bit more, J&L sells Green Mandarin Gobies for only $14.95! :wink:

jorjef
04-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Think of it this way.....

Vancouver is a major shipping port for Canada. Corals and Fish may come from Fiji, Indian Ocean, Vietnam, Hawaii, Pacific Ocean, etc. It will always be cheaper to ship to Vancouver as it is closer than the Prairies. Prairie stores may have to get items shipped through Vancouver, hence the extra shipping resulting in a higher retail price.

Just to rub things in a bit more, J&L sells Green Mandarin Gobies for only $14.95! :wink:

Believe me the concept is not lost on me..lol We are just having some fun at the expense of the LFS that seems to think he can ask what ever he wants, He thinks we have no other alternatives.

I do have to give him credit for his dry goods and frozen food selection..Prices are decent.

Reefie
04-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Believe me the concept is not lost on me..lol We are just having some fun at the expense of the LFS that seems to think he can ask what ever he wants, He thinks we have no other alternatives.

I do have to give him credit for his dry goods and frozen food selection..Prices are decent.

Haha! Maybe he thinks he has a monopoly on Aquaria. :wink:

Reefie
04-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Speaking of Online Vendors..........Do any of the online stores have a male Melanurus Wrasse in stock?

Nobody in BC has any.............:sad: