PDA

View Full Version : King eds firefish sale

TaioneReefer
04-13-2012, 09:22 PM
was just there, they got a bunch of good healthy firefish for $4.99 each

theres 120 left.

tt101
04-13-2012, 09:30 PM
I WISH THAT WAS HERE!!!!!! OMG YOU LUCKY DUCK. they charge $20 here.

TaioneReefer
04-13-2012, 10:22 PM
yeup, i got 12 myself, gave some to my friends.

Bblinks
04-13-2012, 10:32 PM
I am heading down to get me 10. :mrgreen:

TaioneReefer
04-13-2012, 10:36 PM
youd be surprised, the quality of the firefish are actually nicer than the ones they usually sell.

Finisher604
04-14-2012, 12:00 AM
What kind of fish ?

TaioneReefer
04-14-2012, 12:06 AM
firefish? LOL

Finisher604
04-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Oh duh just shoot me haha

gregzz4
04-14-2012, 12:27 AM
I was there yesterday and looked over their tanks.
I don't want to knock KE, but I'll recommend you QT whatever you buy there :wink:

TaioneReefer
04-14-2012, 01:16 AM
thats for sure, they just got the shipment today. but I m going to leave them out for a while in the QT for sure.

Myka
04-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Wow, that's a great price! I've heard of King Ed's doing this type of sale before. I wish I could get in on the deal. :)

dc4
04-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Me thinks someone accidently added an extra zero to the end of the quantity for their order, lol. :mrgreen:

I actually bought a pair form them a few months ago but after adding them to my tank, im not diggin them anymore compared to my purple firefish. I wish they were easier to catch. :sad:

jorjef
04-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Me thinks someone accidently added an extra zero to the end of the quantity for their order, lol. :mrgreen:

I actually bought a pair form them a few months ago but after adding them to my tank, im not diggin them anymore compared to my purple firefish. I wish they were easier to catch. :sad:

Do you have both the red and purple in your tank right now? I wondered if they would be compatible. I have two red's right and thought about adding a couple of purple. What do you find is the biggest difference between the two?

TaioneReefer
04-14-2012, 11:43 PM

lol, he actually ordered a box thinking its around 30. but guess like a box means 140 firefish :lol:

jjntm
04-15-2012, 12:19 AM
I was there yesterday and looked over their tanks.
I don't want to knock KE, but I'll recommend you QT whatever you buy there :wink:

lol.... I would have thought the same... but the funny part is that king ed is the ONLY place I have ever bought fish and never had any illness or death with any of them. This is something that still amazes me, for it looks like the slumlord of lfs'...lol

jjntm
04-15-2012, 12:22 AM
lol, he actually ordered a box thinking its around 30. but guess like a box means 140 firefish :lol:

lol, ya... rob said that he ticked box and didn't realize it but it was like 210... I just bought 7 for my 220 reef and there is prob close to 90 left... seems like this thread probably helped sell a ton! lol

gregzz4
04-15-2012, 12:40 AM
lol.... I would have thought the same... but the funny part is that king ed is the ONLY place I have ever bought fish and never had any illness or death with any of them. This is something that still amazes me, for it looks like the slumlord of lfs'...lol
Again, not to pick on them, but when I was running FW, I had a high enough % of loss to be disappointed.
Anyway, I'm sure they have lots of healthy SW dudes as I only saw spots and such on a small amount. Plus I hate it when a store doesn't keep up with removing loss.
It's just the fact that it looks like their's is pretty much one big system.
Maybe I should ask how it's all pumbed before I decide on what to buy from what tanks.

dc4
04-15-2012, 04:48 AM
Do you have both the red and purple in your tank right now? I wondered if they would be compatible. I have two red's right and thought about adding a couple of purple. What do you find is the biggest difference between the two?

Yes, I have a pair of regular firefish and 1 purple in the tank right now. The purple is by far the nicer fish imho and makes the regular firefish look crappy, lol.

Rogue951
05-04-2012, 11:15 PM
JL's has a 20% off sale on firefish right now. (nearly all fish actually)
I've had 2 reds and 2 purples for a long time, one purple died so I picked up 2 more.
2 reds and 3 purples.
Purples are harder for me to keep alive for some reason. I've lost 2 others trying to keep a pair.
no clue why they just vanish after a while.
hopefully these will last. they're larger than the last couple i bought.