PDA

View Full Version : Algae scrubber read

msjboy
04-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Recently I notice my algae problem reduced miraculously tankwide except for growth on the 2 pump heads I have in the tank ( a koralis and a hydra deflector,)…. I believe it is acting as a incidental algae scrubber. Anyways, for those who have not tried a scrubber build itself, have a read at this interesting thread which people are quite staunch on it to the extent it can replace a sump setup with a refugium/skimmer.

For a few dollars, ( except the main pump and overflow), a scrubber can be made for $20 bucks or so. This can allow people on a tight budget to have the effectiveness of a sump setup

Have read of this lengthy thread:

www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/general-reef-aquarium-discussion/35294-mega-powerful-nitrate-phosphate-remover-replaces-skimmer-refugium-everything.html

but especially read threads 106 and people who used it on thread 98 ( subject to change with new posts)

I will try to incorporate this algae in a future traditional sump build which I have already committed..

regs

msjboy

reefwars
04-13-2012, 01:02 AM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82248&highlight=algae+scrubber