PDA

View Full Version : Chiller recomendations

Aquattro
03-14-2004, 04:42 AM
So I think this summer will see me getting into a chiller. Any thoughts/opinions on what/where to buy? I was looking at the CSL units at J&L, but CSL has gone out of business. UMI doesn't sell the enclosed units anymore, so those won't make a great addition to my living room :razz:

StirCrazy
03-14-2004, 04:46 AM
So I think this summer will see me getting into a chiller. Any thoughts/opinions on what/where to buy? I was looking at the CSL units at J&L, but CSL has gone out of business. UMI doesn't sell the enclosed units anymore, so those won't make a great addition to my living room :razz:

um what do you mean by enclosed?

Steve

Aquattro
03-14-2004, 04:49 AM
Steve

Pretty box around it. Something Alana will "tolerate"! :razz:
No, I know what you're thinking, and I don't want to build one!

StirCrazy
03-14-2004, 04:54 AM
Steve

Pretty box around it. Something Alana will "tolerate"! :razz:
No, I know what you're thinking, and I don't want to build one!

but we can make a real pretty one. but you would probably just paint if black anyways :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Steve

Aquattro
03-14-2004, 04:56 AM
but we can make a real pretty one. but you would probably just paint if black anyways :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Nope, I'm in trouble for the black. She liked the Oak better.

TNTCanada
03-14-2004, 05:00 AM
Saw a pic of a guy who made one out of a small beer fridge. He ran a small flexable tubing in a coil from the bottem up through the fridge and in to the freezer part and back to his tank. Said it worked great as well easy access when he wanted a cold beer in his living room. He had it built right into his stand. Tank looked smaller them yours though. :biggrin:

Aquattro
03-14-2004, 05:05 AM
Tyler, typically the DIY bar fridge doesn't cut it on larger tanks. And I don't drink beer, but thanks :razz:

StirCrazy
03-14-2004, 05:15 AM
Saw a pic of a guy who made one out of a small beer fridge. He ran a small flexable tubing in a coil from the bottem up through the fridge and in to the freezer part and back to his tank. Said it worked great as well easy access when he wanted a cold beer in his living room. He had it built right into his stand. Tank looked smaller them yours though. :biggrin:

the problem with this is the fridge will burn out real fast as the system will be running all the time due to the inefficiencies of this design. this will caue to the fridge motor to run way more then it duity cycle is rated.

Steve

zulu_principle
03-14-2004, 06:31 AM
As you know, I like the UMI chillers.

You buy the new one and we can trade for one that I have enclosed.......

Why not just build it to fit into your settings.

Wendell

UnderWorldAquatics
03-14-2004, 06:46 AM
I have used alot of the Aqua Logic Chillers and have had great success with them..

Aquattro
03-14-2004, 08:36 AM
Why not just build it to fit into your settings.
Wendell

That may end up being an option. Maybe I can make an oak end table out of it!! :biggrin: