PDA

View Full Version : A few stocking questions

shotcaller
04-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm wanting to add a emperor angel but am kinda hesitant on the nibbling on some sps wondering if anyone else has one in their tank and if so feeding scheduals I was thinking just keep him feed and happy and maybe he would leave of alone start him off as a juvi

tt101
04-10-2012, 06:11 PM
the way i see it with angels is that its more of a hit and miss with them. even single members of a species are all different in the degree that they nibble at corals. you could always buy an angel off someone that is known not to have nibbled on their corals. if thats not possible or its not available then yopur best bet is a well fed juvie.
good luck

Flash
04-10-2012, 06:37 PM
50/50 chance!

Aquattro
04-10-2012, 06:39 PM
I'll be adding one in a few weeks if you want to wait and see how mine works out. Mostly it depends on the fish, the corals you keep and luck, from my research :)

Nano
04-10-2012, 06:48 PM
I added a dwarf cherub angel in my tank, and I have sps, lps and softies, he hasnt bothered them yet (knock on wood) and I have had him a little over a month. I keep him well fed with mysis, garlic supreme and NLS pellets.

Flash
04-10-2012, 07:17 PM
i have a coral beauty and she pretty much just keeps to herself! but i don't have any zoas or anything just acans and torch! lol! she does just fine!

gregzz4
04-10-2012, 07:40 PM
I've not owned any SW fish yet but ...
You never know what any particular fish will do until it's with you
Although many do, I don't like Brussel Sprouts much :wink:
I know, big help. Sorry

George
04-10-2012, 08:09 PM
SPS will probably be safe. LPS (especially meaty LPS, like acan, brain, chalice...) will be at risk. The greatest risk is clams.