PDA

View Full Version : The best tang

Proteus
04-09-2012, 01:56 AM
I have been contiplating a tang for my tank. But not sure what one.
I would like one that's a workhorse but passive
What are people favorite tang. And please not just cause there perty.

reefwars
04-09-2012, 02:04 AM
I have been contiplating a tang for my tank. But not sure what one.
I would like one that's a workhorse but passive
What are people favorite tang. And please not just cause there perty.

yellow is my fave for working tangs but unicorn and sailfin are my " lookers" :P

Proteus
04-09-2012, 02:11 AM
I was thinking scopas but for a looker I've alway liked sohal

Yellow may be two much havin yellow assesor and coris wrasse

reefwars
04-09-2012, 02:18 AM
I was thinking scopas but for a looker I've alway liked sohal

Yellow may be two much havin yellow assesor and coris wrasse

id go the sohal over the scopas, not a big fan of the scopas:P

***edit---looks wise anyways

Proteus
04-09-2012, 02:22 AM
I had a sohal before but had to sell as he started getting mean. It got to the point that it wouldn't let others eat

MarkoD
04-09-2012, 03:02 AM
My black shoulder is the hardest working tang. And he's never aggressive.

Powder brown is nice and has an interesting personality.

Regal tang is my favorite looking, but doesn't eat any algae. Also the boss in the tank.

Mrfish55
04-09-2012, 04:27 AM
My Powder Brown looks nice, but he's retarded, my flame fin Tomini is a constant grazer, my rocks are clean as a whistle.

badfish!
04-09-2012, 04:32 AM
I've got a scopas and he's an awesome algae eater (I've also got a decorated rabbit), but no algae in my tank. He's also nice to all my other fish, with the exception of he sometimes gives the rabbit a little smack when the rabbit doesnt stop following him around.

Bblinks
04-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Achilles would be my favorite, it does pose a chanllenge to keep but well worth the effort.

fishytime
04-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Bristle tooth family would be the hardest working..... As far as aggression goes its a roll of the dice..... All tangs are territorial.... It's a matter of, to what degree.... Not many people have tanks large enough for sailfins, shoals, unicorns or achilles IMHO

Proteus
04-09-2012, 02:09 PM
The tanks a 6' 180g.

I was looking at tomini. As they are one of the smaller tangs

Lance
04-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Like Doug said, the Bristletooths are workhorses. My Kole Tang goes from lights on to lights out, and as a special bonus he is a fish poop vacuum.

Leah
04-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Like Doug said, the Bristletooths are workhorses. My Kole Tang goes from lights on to lights out, and as a special bonus he is a fish poop vacuum.

And here I thought you were saving all the "fish poop" for your wife. :surprise:

Proteus
04-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Perfect. I was thinking a tomini.

Lance
04-09-2012, 03:25 PM
And here I thought you were saving all the "fish poop" for your wife. :surprise:

No Leah, that was return-line gunk. I'm the $hithead in the family. :mrgreen:

Flash
04-09-2012, 04:26 PM
my sailfin is my favorite tang by far!! that being said i have a tomini, purple and scopas as well! the tomini and purple are best buds as are the scopas and sailfin! we also have a baby regal... but it's only the size of a quarter.. so i don't count it as a "tang" yet! lol! maybe once it hits toonie size!

Proteus
04-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Lyndsy you should sell me your purple lol

Flash
04-09-2012, 04:33 PM
nope... purple murple is a rescue with hlle and will remain with me forever as promised to the last owners!!! lol! i had a kole tang, his name was jimmy... i loved him... but he died... lol

my tomini is really cool as well!!

Proteus
04-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah I have a tomini avalible. I think it might be my choice as there on the smaller side. For a tang

Flash
04-09-2012, 05:06 PM
get 2... i love my scopas always going to work on my rocks!

globaldesigns
04-09-2012, 07:30 PM
My Sohal is the showpiece of my tank, also have a blonde naso.

Blonde Naso is passive, more expensive to others like a yellow or hippo, but well worth it.

Sohal, in nature are aggressive. I myself am lucky and he isn't that bad. I think it is very unique, and not many have, but you take a chance on its tendency to beat other fish up. Like the Blonde, it can be more expensive, but I do love mine.

Flash
04-09-2012, 07:39 PM
i just ordered a baby mimic tang from steve! they are pretty fish too!!

Tracey2
04-09-2012, 08:49 PM
My kole tang is my workhorse and pretty too.

Cade
04-09-2012, 08:55 PM
I have 3 tangs. A Blue, yellow and sailfin. There all lazy moochers. My tank is in the living room and all they do is swim by the glass on the side closest to me starring waiting for me to feed them. They do go peck at the rocks or power heads once in a while but always come back and just stare.. So cute I probable feed twice as much as I should.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Casey8
04-09-2012, 09:08 PM
I have 3 tangs. A Blue, yellow and sailfin. There all lazy moochers. My tank is in the living room and all they do is swim by the glass on the side closest to me starring waiting for me to feed them. They do go peck at the rocks or power heads once in a while but always come back and just stare.. So cute I probable feed twice as much as I should.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I can see you have all the cute fish including your little clown fish on your avatar :mrgreen:

apexifd
04-10-2012, 02:36 AM
IMO, best tang is the one will never have ick

Reefie
04-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Purple Tang would have my vote!

Adds a splash of colour to any tank!

lpsreefer
04-10-2012, 02:57 AM
(Ctenochaetus striatus) lined bristletooth is the next tang Ill pick up.
Like Cade said lazy mooches for a lot of tangs. My sailfin is slowly bringing my yellows to the lazy side. Atlantic is a work horse also.