PDA

View Full Version : Question about Radion lights

Oilers
04-08-2012, 10:53 PM
I have recently upgraded my T5 lights to Radion lights. The lights are amazing, however, I do have a couple questions about them. This is how I hang them.
http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc123/vitbau_vitco/Canreef/?action=view&current=radion.jpg
It's about 11-12" off the water. Is that a good height? What would be an ideal height for it? The bracket I used is fully adjustable.
Also, I have downloaded a couple profiles off the net and programmed them into the lights. Thanks subman :razz: How do I know which profile is running? Is there any way to switch from one profile to another without connecting them to a computer?
I guess that's more than a couple questions :mrgreen: Thanks all for your responses.

fido19
04-08-2012, 11:11 PM
hey where did u get that bracket from

Oilers
04-09-2012, 01:00 AM
hey where did u get that bracket from

A friend of mine custom made it for me. Too bad you are not in Edmonton. I can definitely hook you two up.

fido19
04-09-2012, 01:07 AM
yeah man i really want a bracket like yours
well pat him on the back for a job well done
oh and regarding your question
your height for the light is good you can go a little higher for more spread but you will loose intesity, mine sit at about 9 inches from the tank and it does the job well
regarding the profiles there isnt a way you can switch them without using a computer(as far as i know)
regarding to see which profile is running it will be the profile that you loaded into the software you can check from the project menu

subman
04-09-2012, 01:07 AM
you need to connect the computer to make any adjustments. when you hook it up it should say what profile you are using (glad you found them!)

I started working on a wireless connection to them but have been sidetracked by my 225gallon upgrade.
The pic looks good its about 4" higher than mine, but you can always lower them if your corals look like they can handle it.

asylumdown
04-09-2012, 02:23 AM
I think Ecotech recommends around 8inches off the water if I recall correctly