PDA

View Full Version : solaras light questions

newtoreef90
04-07-2012, 10:23 PM
hello i just found this site and all i can say is wow lots of infomation to read .i have just upgraded my little nano tank to a 90 gallon drilled tank and have 1 question .the person i am buying it off will sell me a solaris led light with tank for 400.00 more but after reading about them i am wondering if i sould pass ?light is few years old and he replaced a bunch off leds .most site i have found says there ok but most people i talk to say to pass becauce cant get parts my local fish store says to wait beauce theres a new led from sunbrite on its way thats not to much $

chandigz
04-08-2012, 01:31 AM
The company doesn't exist any more so you can't get stock parts. There are ways around this. They used 1 w LED not 3 or 5w like current fixtures. They Had thermal control issues that's why the LEDs cook and burn out. Some also had driver issues. They were the first. Other manufacturers have learned from there mistakes.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Leave it. Waste of money. Replacing stuff or getting it fixed will be PITA.

The Codfather
04-08-2012, 07:45 PM
I own an I5 series, the LEDs are 4watt luxeon rebels, in my opinion a very nice fixture. This series was made in America, and as far as I'm concerned a solid fixture. I have had no issues with mine, I only wish I could find another exactly the same.