PDA

View Full Version : A150w Ocean Blue Kessil's

noirsphynx
04-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Just thought I would share a couple pics of my new Kessil A150w Ocean Blue's x3 over my 96" x 16" x 16" I absolutely LOVE these lights and couldn't be happier with my lighting choice. The pics can't capture the true colour and shimmer but it's phenomenal.
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt191/noirsphynx/file-2.jpg
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt191/noirsphynx/file-1.jpg
This is a new tank so it's pretty naked atm.

Delphinus
04-07-2012, 06:38 AM
Looks great! Where did you get them?

fishytime
04-07-2012, 06:47 AM
lookin good Dawn......um....the tank and lights, I mean.....amazed that three lights covered the 8":surprise:

Zoaelite
04-07-2012, 07:21 AM
96x16x16!!! Slllliiiiiiccckkkk! Any more specifics on this? Looks like its going to be one rockin tank!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

yellowworld
04-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Mine are on their way! yours look amazing, did you check out the sky blue compared to the ocean blue, Any thoughts?

subman
04-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Wow they look amazing Dawn! More pics!!

Raven34
04-07-2012, 04:11 PM
How do the fish look under them? How would three look on an 8ft 400 fo in your opinion? thats a sharp tank!

noirsphynx
04-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Looks great! Where did you get them?

Thanks. I got them from Aquarium Illusions.

noirsphynx
04-08-2012, 01:34 AM
lookin good Dawn......um....the tank and lights, I mean.....amazed that three lights covered the 8":surprise:

:lol: Thanks Doug. I'm impressed with spread too.

noirsphynx
04-08-2012, 01:47 AM
96x16x16!!! Slllliiiiiiccckkkk! Any more specifics on this? Looks like its going to be one rockin tank!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

TY, not sure what else to add except I think they are 32w each and supposed to be compared to a 150w metal halide output. I have them mounted on the goosenecks at 6" above the waters surface and 18" to the sand bed. They aren't controlable so I may add 2 of the deep ocean blue's(actinic) later on for dawn/dusk viewing. The spectrum reminds me of the phoenix 14k bulbs(maybe a tad bluer).

subman
04-08-2012, 01:49 AM
I think he was looking for more specifics on the tank. If not I am! :mrgreen:

noirsphynx
04-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Mine are on their way! yours look amazing, did you check out the sky blue compared to the ocean blue, Any thoughts?

I did look at some videos online and liked the look of the ocean blues. But I do also really like the sky blue/deep ocean blue mix. I don't find the ocean blues to look quite as blue as the videos show and I like the colour spectrum even more in person. I wonder if the sky blues will look a little whiter in person? Which did you order?

noirsphynx
04-08-2012, 01:55 AM
Wow they look amazing Dawn! More pics!!

As soon as I get more stuff transferred over :smile:

noirsphynx
04-08-2012, 01:59 AM
How do the fish look under them? How would three look on an 8ft 400 fo in your opinion? thats a sharp tank!

I think on an 8ft that has the typical dimensions you could probably use at least 2-3 more but it all depends on what look you're going for. I chose just 3 because I have a shallow narrow tank and I only wanted to highlight the 3 rock structures I have. I also enjoy some shadowing.

noirsphynx
04-08-2012, 02:11 AM
I think he was looking for more specifics on the tank. If not I am! :mrgreen:

Nothing fancy(equipment wise) except the lights. The tank measures 8' x 16" x 16" w/ dual overflows. Black silicone with bottom trim and a drop down trim on the inner top side to accommodate a somewhat hidden screen cover(for the jumpers). It has a sump that measures 5' x 12" x 12" and the return pump is a Water Blaster 5000. The tank sits against a half wall with a stand that is only 22" high so I can have an easy top down view. I have an ASM skimmer running on the old tank which was going to go on this tank but I think the skimmer's to tall so I'll have to probably get a new one :neutral: I also have an MP40 which will be going on this.

yellowworld
04-08-2012, 02:13 AM
I did look at some videos online and liked the look of the ocean blues. But I do also really like the sky blue/deep ocean blue mix. I don't find the ocean blues to look quite as blue as the videos show and I like the colour spectrum even more in person. I wonder if the sky blues will look a little whiter in person? Which did you order?

I got myself a set of the Ocean blues, I have heard that the videos don't do them justice

NorthernCoral
04-08-2012, 02:38 AM
Just sold my kessils and regretting it already! Love them and they look great on your tank as spotlights. Seems kinda thin lighting though for a tank of your size and they are not as powerful as a 150w halide some say, but if it works for you then all the power to you and your kessils....btw the a350 will be here very soon if the 150s arent cutting it!

noirsphynx
04-08-2012, 03:07 AM
Just sold my kessils and regretting it already! Love them and they look great on your tank as spotlights. Seems kinda thin lighting though for a tank of your size and they are not as powerful as a 150w halide some say, but if it works for you then all the power to you and your kessils....btw the a350 will be here very soon if the 150s arent cutting it!

Spot lighting is exactly what I wanted. It's possible they're not as powerful as a 150, I'm just going by what I saw on the net. I don't plan on doing the high light demanding sps so I think they'll be fine. I'd love to see the Tunas in person, hopefully they come in to the store. If I really like them maybe I'll swap out the centre light for one.

NorthernCoral
04-08-2012, 04:27 AM
True enough, if your not gunna have any sps then you will more than you will be fine with what you have as you already know. Tank just looked so great I couldnt picture it without any sps . Kessil will be revealing the 350 this month so it will hit stores soon hopefully!