PDA

View Full Version : $4 a pound 400-500 pounds of live rock

my2rotties
04-06-2012, 02:06 PM
What the title says... many beautiful pieces, shelves, and tunnels, small and big. Email for pictures to my2rotties22@yahoo.com

Equipment will be up for sale shortly as well.

my2rotties
04-08-2012, 09:35 PM
All sold now.

I want to thank ALBERTA REEF for taking all of it and spending the day with me to help drain the system. I really appreciate you offering to help, and it would have taken me forever to do it by myself. It really made my day a whole lot better...

Myka
04-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Now that your sale is done, I hope you don't mind a random post...

I was just thinking about you awhile back wondering what happened with you and your tank since you quit visiting CanReef. I actually checked and saw that you hadn't signed on in a year or something. I take it you're shutting down now? Have you started up another tank to take its place or are you out?

my2rotties
04-09-2012, 03:52 PM
I am out for good... life has too many uncertainties to have a glass box full of fish to worry about. I would never do it again, since I did have some moral issues with the whole hobby, once I really knew what happened before they came home.

All my fish grew big and fat... even the ones that people said could not be kept. Many did not even have to advertised for sale, since they already had perfect homes lined up. I wish my personal canreef friends could have taken them all. However, I did my very best to ensure they found proper homes and would be cared for in a fashion I found acceptable. I did not win any popularity contests when I declined homes. These fish were my pets and when they were going home, I sat in front of the tank and cried.

It was an incredible build and was so much fun, and with the tear down I have been doing on my own now. It sits empty now and I am going to have to cut it apart with a putting knife and rubber hammer to get it out. I want to do it shortly, since it is hard to look at it empty and devoid of all life now.

I am grateful for all my friends that I made on this forum and know I will have them in my life forever. There are a good bunch of people here...

Having Cory offer to help with removing all the sand and water form the system was a god send... ALthough I did not ask for the help, I sure needed it and was glad he offered all those hours of his time to help me out. I had no idea people would be that nice, and it really made a bright spot on a pretty rotten couple of days.

Myka
04-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah, sometimes it is a real pain in the butt to have those not very portable pets stuck in a glass box. If you have the cut your tank apart to get it out, do yourself a favor and buy a fine guitar string from a music shop. Use that like tooth floss between the panes. Guitar strings are stronger than and other wire I've found so they work well. I'm glad you were able to find good homes for all your pets.

my2rotties
04-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the tip, I will get one today. The thing that worries me is the ex silconed it together in the first place, and he ensures stuff is not easy to fail. I would like to put branches and a bunch of snakes in it, since he would not be able to sleep night knowing they are here LOL!