PDA

View Full Version : Kent turbo Ca ???

spawn
04-04-2012, 06:20 PM
For anyone who has used this product, how strong do you mix it say in a gallon jug & what kinds of gains will you get from using it. Or can you just calculate by using say the brs calculator for Ca chloride? thx

Mandosh
04-04-2012, 06:30 PM
My understanding is Kent Turbo Ca is just anhydrous calcium chloride, so you should be able to use the BRS calculator for their Ca pellets.

chris88
04-04-2012, 11:14 PM
1 gallon of ro water with 3 oz of calcium chloride
1 gallon of ro water with 4oz baked baking soda

Balanced and easy, I have been doing this for years. i have a high demand and it last a week or me.

Myka
04-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Is this for using with a doser or for manually dosing? For manually dosing I've mixed up to 4 tsp in 1 cup of RO water. In my 90, 1 tsp of calcium chloride powder raises calcium by about 10 ppm.

spawn
04-05-2012, 02:22 AM
I plan on dosing this manually on top of the doser adding the 2 part. I'm thinking of just putting some in everyday or maybe adding it to the ato..

chris88
04-05-2012, 04:23 AM
I manually dose it. I have a high demand so my 1 gallon jugs only last me a week.

Myka
04-05-2012, 01:39 PM
I plan on dosing this manually on top of the doser adding the 2 part. I'm thinking of just putting some in everyday or maybe adding it to the ato..

Ah, so you want to make up quite a bit then. Just use the calculators and mixing instructions for Bulk Reef Supply then. BRS has handy dosing kits with pumps on the jugs and small measuring cups to collect with.

What are you using for alkalinity dosing?

spawn
04-06-2012, 02:22 AM
recipe 1 for both parts, member we've had these discussions before. I actually had a thread on another site recently where the fellow who essentially wrote the 2 part book told me "2 part can sustain any system" . I'm still quite sure that it is not possible to keep up to very high demand in a system with a low GWV without very quickly affecting the sal. He suggested for my WV that every time I use a gal. of mix I need to be removing over 3 gal. of tank water & replacing it with r/o. I'm not a 100% because I haven't looked at the doser or checked the levels in a while, but I know I'm adding about 4.5ml per gal of supps. Alk is very stable @ about 10-10.4 but ca has a hard time maintaining 360-380. & my Mg is fine. It's just due to the consumption from the corals, clams & coraline.
Anyway so I plan on mixing up some kents & just randomly pouring it in throughout the week while also removing about a liter of tank water per day.