PDA

View Full Version : Clowny's 120 Gallon Build

clowny
04-04-2012, 03:39 PM
So a little back ground before I start with the picture. I bought the tank and stand off of a fellow reefer whom bought it from Bayside Corals. Seeing as Bayside sold the tank I decided they would be great help to set up the tank, as this is a build with no fish or rock transfer from a current set up.

Here is the fish stock list thus far subject to change based on peoples personal experiences with said list: Dwarf flame angel, 2 Mandarin, Harlequin Tusk (Australia), Achilles Tang. Give opinions on these please (compatability, size requirement, too many too fish? also tang will be last added to tank but a year until mandarins are in the tank for pod population with leaves flame angel as first as mandarins must be in before Tusk) I have been reef keeping for 6 years and still this will be the first sump set up I have had. This tank will be a LPS dominated tank with some SPS, hopefully a blueberry gorgonia (will try only once , once tank is established), and clams as well.

For equipment I currently recieved from Bayside (picture below):
Bubble Magnus Nac-7, 2x MP40W ES, 300W heater, Quiet one 5000, 90 pounds of base rock, 2x pails IO Salt,

Still to come from Bayside:
Sump (3 chamber skimmer, Ulva macro, and return), black sand, 2x AI Sol Black LED lights, AI Controller, and AI Hanging Kit. Let me know if anything else you'll think I need.

Once sump and sand arrives I will be posting pics of the rest of the build. I picked black sand as I think it'll make the corals on the sand colors pop more.

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg537/Accounting4Clowny/DSCN0769.jpg

Cugio
04-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Sounds awesome with all the right equipment from the get go.

clowny
07-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Wow it has been a long time coming but the tank is up and 2 clownfish are in it! As you can see the clowns are liking the upgrade from the 30 gallon they stick to the front right corner....
here is the pic sorry its crappy haven't figured out how to edit the white balance yet..
1 question I do have for people out there do you keep the foam on your powerheads?
http://www.saskreef.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1182&stc=1&d=1342987565
Future plans for livestock: 2 manderins, achilles tang, hawaiian cleaner wrasse.
Future coral plans: Anemone (either blue carpet or RBTA) LPS and softies with minimal sps.

gregzz4
07-22-2012, 09:23 PM
I'd like to say it looks great, but your pic didn't work :razz:

reefwars
07-22-2012, 09:36 PM
[quote=clowny;732760]
Future plans for livestock: 2 manderins, achilles tang, hawaiian cleaner wrasse.
quote]

achilles tang will be big for your tank , if i were you i would go with a smaller tang achilles tangs grow fast and they need an incredible amount of swimming room, he will outgrow your 120 in no time. you would be fine with a juvie for a while and could rehome him or upgrade later, just a heads up is all:) cheers

no pic seen here either:P

clowny
07-23-2012, 01:24 AM
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g359/david2cool4you/DSCN0778.jpg
hopefully this works