PDA

View Full Version : Mazzei Injector

Gujustud
03-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Mazzei Injector skimmer it is. After enough research, I decided to scrap the beckett design.

I figure for the cost of the right size pump to properly run the beckett, I could put the money in the Mazzei Injector, and overall cost would be same, if not cheaper.

Now, where do I get one? I'm looking for a 584.

http://www.groworganic.com/a/images/products/W/WMX315_hi.jpg

whaase
03-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Here is a link

http://www.mazzei.net/agriculture/index.html

Just wondering... doesn't a mazzei require the same flow as a beckett?

Walter

Bryan
03-11-2004, 02:57 AM
I plan on doing the same thing. I haven't called around locally, but they are available online at irrigation places south of the border for around 40 dollars U.S..

I am stuck on what pump to use for the 584. If I replace the becket with the mazzei it will have some pressure to overcome with the water level in the box. I don't think a Mag 5 will cut it.

Gujustud
03-11-2004, 03:51 AM
I plan on doing the same thing. I haven't called around locally, but they are available online at irrigation places south of the border for around 40 dollars U.S..

I am stuck on what pump to use for the 584. If I replace the becket with the mazzei it will have some pressure to overcome with the water level in the box. I don't think a Mag 5 will cut it.

Thats the type of pump I was going to run mine with. Do you have a DYI skimmer?

venkiw
03-11-2004, 11:50 AM
I contacted mazzei about the availability of these in Canada. Here is their response. So they have a distributor in Delhi, Ontario.

Dear Sir:
Thank you for contacting us.
Please contact Vanden Bussche Irrigation in Delhi, ON.
phone: [1] 519-582-2380
Should you have any problems, please contact us again.
Regards,
Robert Tebbe, Vice-President
MAZZEI INJECTOR CORPORATION
500 Rooster Drive, Bakersfield, California, USA 93307
Phone: 661-363-6500 Fax: 661-363-7500
Email: sales@mazzei.net Website: www.mazzei.net

Thanks

Venki

Delphinus
03-11-2004, 03:02 PM
I haven't been following trends in skimmer designs so much, so please forgive me if I'm asking a dumb question. I don't see what's so unique about the mazzei injector? It just looks like a regular venturi construct to me? Is there something I'm not seeing about it that makes it different?

Bryan
03-11-2004, 06:08 PM
They are very well designed and in short tuned for particular flows and pressures relating to a pump. They are mostly used in agricultural applications to dispense fertilizers etc.

Lofus
03-11-2004, 07:24 PM
I wonder if you could tie one into a Kalk injection system?.... :idea:

venkiw
03-12-2004, 12:19 AM
I wonder if you could tie one into a Kalk injection system?.... :idea:

I have been thinking about it myself. But the flow rate may be too high, cannot replicate dripping, i would assume.

StirCrazy
03-12-2004, 12:34 AM
the Becket is a venturi set up just a different shape from the mazzie. from looking at the two I think the mazzie would be a headache to clean and in my opinion would need more frequent cleaning. the only advantage I see it having is the actual install of the unit. what kinda price are they asking for one of them?

Steve

Gujustud
03-12-2004, 12:37 AM
the Becket is a venturi set up just a different shape from the mazzie. from looking at the two I think the mazzie would be a headache to clean and in my opinion would need more frequent cleaning. the only advantage I see it having is the actual install of the unit. what kinda price are they asking for one of them?

Steve

From what I've read, I've heard they don't need to be cleaned at all from the force/current of the water being drawn thru them. Then again, only from what I've read.

Pricing runs around $40-$100/usd.

StirCrazy
03-12-2004, 12:44 AM

Steve

From what I've read, I've heard they don't need to be cleaned at all from the force/current of the water being drawn thru them. Then again, only from what I've read.

Pricing runs around $40-$100/usd.

thats not going to stop them from getting plugged up with minni stomatella sp. shells :rolleyes:

Steve

Canadian Man
03-12-2004, 05:31 AM
Steve is correct. With my old skimmer (venturi) It was running a 1" mazzi ventuti which I still have. It would get plugged 2 to 3 times a year with a stomatella shell. the injector itself worked very well and produced very fine bubbles.

one cool feature of the mazzi I like is that it has a spring loaded rubber ball on the air intake so it doensn't matter where you have the unit. What I mean by this is if you shut down the skimmer you don't get water flowing out the air intake.

Gujustud
03-12-2004, 06:46 AM
Steve is correct. With my old skimmer (venturi) It was running a 1" mazzi ventuti which I still have. It would get plugged 2 to 3 times a year with a stomatella shell. the injector itself worked very well and produced very fine bubbles.

Did you have to clean it at all (other than taking the shell out?).

one cool feature of the mazzi I like is that it has a spring loaded rubber ball on the air intake so it doensn't matter where you have the unit. What I mean by this is if you shut down the skimmer you don't get water flowing out the air intake.

Ahhh interesting. I was wondering why there was that square section where the air comes in.

venkiw
03-12-2004, 10:43 AM
From what I am hearing, if you match the injector to a proper pump you can save big time on power, as the becketts need a more powerful pump. Since there are injectors with multiple flow rates for a given size i.e. 3/4" of Inlet and outlet, I beleive you can choose the appropriate one for your skimmer baased on the dimensions of your reaction chamber.

I think they have also appointed a rep just for skimmers, who can help you determine the appropriate injector and pump.

Did someone say spring loaded, is there a corrosion problem then?

Venki

Canadian Man
03-13-2004, 01:12 AM

Did you have to clean it at all (other than taking the shell out?).

Ahhh interesting. I was wondering why there was that square section where the air comes in.

No cleaning other than taking the shell out.

Venkiw. No corrosion yet on the spring after 1.5 years use or so.