PDA

View Full Version : Buyer Beware

reefgirl189
03-31-2012, 11:48 PM
I would like to bring to the attention of fellow canreefers the following information:

Firstly, I am not pointing fingers but I am dissapointed with the way that this sale turned out. Whether or not you agree with me is your own business but please take away from this post a lesson on trading online. It's very easy to be taken advantage of, even if the seller has decent credentials.

The only reason I am posting this is because I have attempted to contact the seller threee times in the last week and a half and my calls and PMs are not being returned. I feel like i'm being ignored on purpose.

So here is the story:

I recently purchased a tunze wavebox:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=83010&highlight=tunze+wavebox

The seller promised me the following:

The wave box is in great shape and comes with all the components. including magnets and controller. you just need to plug it in and tune the frequencey to your tank. shipping should be about 15-20 bucks from my experience. I will get it all boxed up tonight and can get it off to you first thing tomorrow if that works for you.

my email is ********* if you can do an interact money transfer that would be the best.

Cheers,

When I received the wavebox (very prompty, I should add, which was a positive thing about this sale), It was obvious to me right away that this unit was in poor condition. The wires from the tunze powerhead pump were exposed because the sheathing on them was cracked. The sheathing appeared to me to have been virtually baked under some high wattage lights for a long time to have done this kind of damage. In addition to the damaged wires I also had to repair the wavebox casing because half of the magnet holder knobs were broken and laying in the bottom of the shipping box. Easy fix with superglue.

I replied to the seller to inform them of the damage and they denied knowing about the condition of the wiring. His excuse is hard to believe but I guess technically possible. He gave me instructions on how to fix it as well, which was nice of him.

Hi *****, Just wanted to let you know that the cord on the tunze pump was cracked, leaving all the internal wires exposed. I'm having trouble finding a decent way to repair this. Unfortunately the place at which is is cracked (frayed) will be sitting on the inside of my DT.

Sorry I didnt see any cracks when I pulled it out of my display. It worked flawlessly in my display for over a year. If I would have seen any crack I would have fixed in and posted it with the repair. It is possible it was froze and cracked during shipping.

It actually an easy fix and will be 100% water tight. We do hundreds of water tight splices at work and they seal every time (and they are CSA approved, I actually find that comment laughable as an engineer). If the internal wires are not cracked there is no way for water to enter the motor as they seal the wire at the inner sheathing not the outer sheathing.

All you need to do is split the wire as far back from the pump as possible (out of the display), slide two heat shrink tubings on the wire (one for the repair and one for the point where you had to split the wire). Take silicone and push it in the crack in outer sheathing as best you can. Slide the heat shrink tubing to cover the crack and the silicone (while the silicone is still wet). Heat shrink the tubing on the crack using a heat gun (NOT a open flame as it makes the heat shrink brittle). Spread a dab of silicone at the end of the heatshrink as a secondary seal.

Next just solder the splice (stager your splices so they stand no chance of shorting) and coat it in silicone and heat shrink it. Wait one day and its good to go.

Like I said we do hundreds of these at work and I have never seen a single one fail and we use this on 5000v AC systems. Tunze Pumps are DC powered not AC so they are not dangerous to an aquarium (smart germans) and you stand no chance of electricuting yourself. If you want you can actually test to confirm you have no electrical leakage but putting the pump in a bucket and using a multimeter in the bucket to confirm there is zero leakage.

I hope that helps, it truly is an easy fix so dont worry. If you need any help let me know and I can walk you through it in more detail.

Cheers,

So I had the cord repaired by a journeyman electrician from my shop. He did it and I watched him do it properly. He used heat shrink to cover each and every wire so they wouldn't ground out of eachother and then he heat shrinked the sheathing back on not once, but twice, for extra water proofing.

Before and after the wire repair the pump did not work. The controller went into alarm when I tried to turn it on.

The tunze wavebox housing was also in poor condition. The casing was damaged and scratched.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/christinadouma149/IMG_4190.jpg

Here are some more pictures of the condition of this unit as purchased:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/christinadouma149/IMG_4191.jpg

I suspect this may be the reason that the unit does not work:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/christinadouma149/IMG_4192.jpg

As you can see in this photo the CT transformer(?) has a fair bit of risidual dust surrounding it. This is after I stupidly cleaned it up a bit before taking a photo. It looked like the transformer was fried as there was smoke residue surrounding it before my inner martha stewart kicked in and cleaned it.

Here is was the pump propeller looks like. This picture isn't the greatest but you can see that the propeller is not in "great condition". It looks like the plastic propeller was chewed up by something. Perhaps sand?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/christinadouma149/IMG_4196.jpg

So in conclusion this unit was not in "great condition" as promised. I may have high standards but I would rate this unit as "poor" condition as it doesn't even work. I tried to contact this seller numerous times to no avail. I asked him to please do the right thing and either repair the unit for me or refund me my money.

I wasn't born rich. Like almost everyone on this forum I have to work for the money I spend on my tank. This was a waste of $250.00 plus shipping and I want other out them to learn from my mistake and please be careful. It's unfortunate that I live in a remote location and could not have viewed the unit beforehand. I wouldn't have purchased it had I known.

To end on a positive note I want to thank all the great sellers and buyers I have had the pleasure of meeting off of canreef. I've had a handful of positive buys off of here and this one bad one won't stop me, but it will make me a lot more cautious about he classified section. Please please please whenever possible go to see the item in person. And also thanks to everyone who has sold me fantastic stuff. I'm more than happy with all the other things I've gotten from canreef.

Howdy
04-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Could this not have been taken to PM's? I am sure the buyer is likely a reasonable guy and would have compensated you to some degree of satisfaction had you not sold him out for everyone to see.

I also think it is up to the buyer to request pictures if they are not picking things up in person. I am sure it worked fine for the seller prior to the sale of it so it doesn't sound to me like he was doing anything shady or fishy.

I am sorry you didn't get what you were expecting but that does happen on occassion and I really do think it is the buyers responsibility to take extra precautions when buying things sight unseen.

Nano
04-01-2012, 12:11 AM
true but for $250 you expect to get your moneys worth.

Cal_stir
04-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Looks like it's in POOR condition to me, I would have been disappointed even if it was given to me, would have had to waste 10 seconds of my life throwing it in the garbage.

tim the toolman
04-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Sight unseen is always going to be a risk. And I think you forgot to blot out the sellers name a couple of places. This is what pm is all about I think. You win some you lose some and the seller seemed genuinely willing to help with your concerns. The shipping procedures on a standard parcel can sometimes be quite rough and careless so it may have been working before it was shipped.
Sorry to hear about the wasted $ though.

fishytime
04-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Looks like it's in POOR condition to me, I would have been disappointed even if it was given to me, would have had to waste 10 seconds of my life throwing it in the garbage.

:lol:

I guess different people have different ideas of "great condition"

reefgirl189
04-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Could this not have been taken to PM's? I am sure the buyer is likely a reasonable guy and would have compensated you to some degree of satisfaction had you not sold him out for everyone to see.

I also think it is up to the buyer to request pictures if they are not picking things up in person. I am sure it worked fine for the seller prior to the sale of it so it doesn't sound to me like he was doing anything shady or fishy.

I am sorry you didn't get what you were expecting but that does happen on occassion and I really do think it is the buyers responsibility to take extra precautions when buying things sight unseen.

If you would scroll up and re read my post you will see that it mentions that I tried numerous times to contact the seller.

Jakegr
04-01-2012, 12:29 AM
This is why I wish Canreef had seller feedback. Thanks for posting.

reefgirl189
04-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Again, this post is not to bash the seller. It's to warn everyone to be more careful. I learnt my lesson on this one. I'll know for next time.

And again, I tried numerous times to contact this seller after his recommended repair failed. It was nice of him to suggest a method of repair however I personally don't feel as if I should have had to repair the unit to begin. It was promised to me in great condition after all, but I tried to be nice and went along with it and gave him a few free chances.

I'm not bashing him. I'm sure he's genuinely nice guy. Everyone makes mistakes. However I don't feel that this unit should have been considered "great condiiton" and I'm upset that my calls and PMs have gone unanswered. My only intention with this post was to warn people to be careful and see before they buy. Obviously I shouldn't have been so trusting.

I don't have any hard feelings towards the seller whatsoever and if he decides to be nice and refund or repair the unit for me (as I suggested in some of my unanswered PMs), I will be more than willing to come on here and praise him for being a stand-up guy. I sincerely hope he does give me the chance to do it too.

Casey8
04-01-2012, 12:37 AM
I don't know about another company, but if anything has been sent through Canada Post, make sure that you pay a bit of extra money for the insurance on your item. I used to work there for a few years as a mail sorter and my husband is also still working there, so both of us know very well how they handle items. We have seen many parcels a day thrown in the air (by us) into the big bin and how they landed with a big loud broken sound from whatever was in there.

troni
04-01-2012, 12:56 AM
**** that. how can you say hes probaly a genuine guy when he displays this kind of act. yes its one side of the story but the pictures are clear, and yes it could of been avoided but wow that guys a douchebag. its to bad to hear about that reefgirl, hopefully he stands up to his mistake and helps you out, and thanks for the reminder!

ongquang21
04-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Thank for your warning.
But, look at his location. Is there any town in Canada called fiji? Why does he have to hide his whereabout?
Pyke is not a serious person from the very first day on this site.

subman
04-01-2012, 01:10 AM
I have been a member on many forums and they all had a buyer feedback. I wish canreef would implement something

reefgirl189
04-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Just realized that I forgot to post this one pic. Looks like the propeller had a sandstorm go through it at one point (speculating)?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/christinadouma149/IMG_4197.jpg

I have been a member on many forums and they all had a buyer feedback. I wish canreef would implement something'

I would LOVE seller feedback. I have many postive things to say about other canreef sales.

I'd also love to have the ability to edit my first post after 15 minutes. Those spelling errors of mine are driving me crazy now :lol:

sharkbait
04-01-2012, 04:35 AM
This is a very unfortunate lesson to learn, and a shame that integrity seems lost these days. I want to praise you reefgirl, I think you went about this post very respectfully and tastefully. Good for you for being the bigger person. All the while, reminding us of the sad fact that trust, integrity and honesty seems to evade some people, and that we need to be cautious.

troni
04-01-2012, 04:53 AM
This is a very unfortunate lesson to learn, and a shame that integrity seems lost these days. I want to praise you reefgirl, I think you went about this post very respectfully and tastefully.

+1:thumb:

RuGlu6
04-01-2012, 04:58 AM
Thank for your warning.
But, look at his location. Is there any town in Canada called fiji? Why does he have to hide his whereabout?

+1 does not look serious and has little posts to judge the character.
BTW the impeller will look like that from snail being trapped there and wave box turning "ON" after snail is entered. I had exactly the same thing happened to my wave box, but the impeller will not suffer that much providing if the pump work obviously.
Sorry to hear about your loss of $$$ and frustration, this exactly why i prefer not to ship (everyone has different idea about "good condition") and not get things from out of town.

reefgirl189
04-01-2012, 05:02 AM
Thanks guys.

On the plus side the wave box did come with a 6095 controller which seems to be in fine working condition. I'm going to try to sell it or trade it and recoup some of my losses.

If anyone wants the other parts to attempt a repair they are welcome to have them. I've already wasted three hours trying to repair this thing and I don't expect to get a response back from the seller at this point anymore.

FishyFishy!
04-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Did the seller send you any pictures before you purchased it? Or did you just buy it blind?

ReefOcean
04-01-2012, 06:41 AM
And this why you don't buy used equipment.

It is saltwater. Saltwater. Is the a less hospitable place on earth for plastic, metal and electronics?

I am always surprised on how much people fork out for used stuff on this board.

You never know what the person did with the equipment before buying it. You never know how much time is left before it blows.

Spending hundred on things like this or Mp40s that might have 3 minutes of life left is....not the best use of money.

Buyer beware, but what do you want him to do if he responds? give you a refund? It is the buyer's responsibility to get all the information before purchasing. If you requested pics of all the parts of the box this would have been avoided. Seriously,dust? before I sell my laptop or TV, I have to open it up and vacuum it? Just buy new and if you can't afford new, just do without it.

Thank for your warning.

You have to be kidding. It appears he has sold livestock and LR recently. He is outside Calgary, he is hardly "hiding|. Check his recent posts. What is a "serious person" on a message board?

I find this thread slanderous and it should be removed.

ReefOcean
04-01-2012, 06:48 AM
And BTW, this is clearly finger pointing. If it wasn't, you would have just recited your story and left out the link to his add. This clearly an attempt to run him off the board. This is not a buy/sell ad, please remove.

reefwars
04-01-2012, 06:51 AM
:pop2:

mexxedm
04-01-2012, 09:02 AM

Wow, this sounds like it's the buyer's fault for buying junk stuff. You should put your self into the buyer's shoes and feel his pain. A seller needs to sell you stuff like this so that you can feel the buyer's frustration and money lost.

clownyfish
04-01-2012, 09:19 AM

It is saltwater. Saltwater. Is the a less hospitable place on earth for plastic, metal and electronics?

You never know what the person did with the equipment before buying it. You never know how much time is left before it blows.

Spending hundred on things like this or Mp40s that might have 3 minutes of life left is....not the best use of money.

Buyer beware, but what do you want him to do if he responds? give you a refund? It is the buyer's responsibility to get all the information before purchasing. If you requested pics of all the parts of the box this would have been avoided. Seriously,dust? before I sell my laptop or TV, I have to open it up and vacuum it? Just buy new and if you can't afford new, just do without it.

You have to be kidding. It appears he has sold livestock and LR recently. He is outside Calgary, he is hardly "hiding|. Check his recent posts. What is a "serious person" on a message board?

Not all the reefers are as rich as you to buy new equipments... and not all the reefers are as an a**h*le as you to tell admin to remover this thread. I am sure tons of people saw this thread and no one says a word like you.

clownyfish
04-01-2012, 09:21 AM
And BTW, this is clearly finger pointing. If it wasn't, you would have just recited your story and left out the link to his add. This clearly an attempt to run him off the board. This is not a buy/sell ad, please remove.
I am sure you are a friend of the seller or maybe you are the seller whom uses a second account to be a jerk :lol:

scubadawg
04-01-2012, 09:38 AM
I had a problem with a seller a couple years back on 6speedonline, where I a purchased a spare CD player for my Porsche, and I did not receive the item, it was paid on Paypal, I consulted with the Adminstrator, before posting posting any names on the Forum. The adminstrator locked all future sales until it was resolved.

C&P: as you will be able to see all of XXX's for sale threads have been locked and he has been told he can no longer sell on 6 speed until he settles with you...keep me posted on your situation..thanks, admin

Got a message from Paypal, that they recovered part of the money, not the full amount, yet
The actual amount owing is $165.00
Status
We were able to recover $158.26 USD from the seller and processed a refund to you.
What happens next
We're working with the seller to recover the rest of your refund. We'll let you know when the seller is able to full refund your payment.

that is almost great news...would have rathered you had received all your money back...let me know when you get the rest...I guess shutting down his little selling frenzy did the trick...admin

I did recover the full amount of the refund.

fido19
04-01-2012, 10:16 AM
hey it really sucks that you got a faulty unit, i have had a similar experience being sold an item which wasn't as advertised but here is something you need to remember always ask for a picture with a time-stamp if you can, specially if the item is being shipped to you. its a good rule of thumb to keep in mind for next time

waynemah
04-01-2012, 10:47 AM
I have been a member on many forums and they all had a buyer feedback. I wish canreef would implement something

Agree!

Cal_stir
04-01-2012, 12:26 PM
How about "The Forum of Shame"

Buyer beware cuz there are some Dirty, Rotten, Lying, Thieving people preying on these boards.

troni
04-01-2012, 01:24 PM

:lol:

ponokareefer
04-01-2012, 01:40 PM
This is a very unfortunate lesson to learn, and a shame that integrity seems lost these days. I want to praise you reefgirl, I think you went about this post very respectfully and tastefully. Good for you for being the bigger person. All the while, reminding us of the sad fact that trust, integrity and honesty seems to evade some people, and that we need to be cautious.

Totally agreed. When I recently sold my light, I fully disclosed its condition. Blatant liars should be fully exposed. It's sad in our society when the buyer gets bashed for not being more cautious. Maybe people should just be more honest and show a little more integrity.

reefgirl189
04-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Buyer beware, but what do you want him to do if he responds? give you a refund?

Yes, that would be the right and honest thing to do. Or he can repair the unit to at least a working condition. I gave him both options in two seperate private PMs. Both went unanswered and so I decided to do the right thing and warn others who may be purchasing things from a *perhaps dishonest* seller.

It is the buyer's responsibility to get all the information before purchasing. If you requested pics of all the parts of the box this would have been avoided. Seriously,dust? before I sell my laptop or TV, I have to open it up and vacuum it? Just buy new and if you can't afford new, just do without it.

It's not dust, it's smoke residue from a blown transformer. The electronics are faulty. Again, not in the "great condition" that I was promised. This unit was sold in non-functioning condition although it was promised to be flawless. I buy 95% of my possesions gently used when I can and I save $1000's on the sticker prices because of it. I am a smart shopper. If you can afford to pay sticker price on everything you own that's great, but I have a family and a savings account to think about.

Now I can understand that you may be rich and can afford to be on WOW all day at LVL 158 and all that but your words on here are hurtful to me. For the seventh time now I am going to explain that this post is here to warn others to be careful. I know I've been hosed. You don't need to rub salt in the wounds. Have you ever been led to believe something only to find out it wasn't the truth? Have you ever been taken advantage of? If not I'd be mighty surprised.

There is nothing wrong with buying used equipment. If someone is willing to sell and someone is willing to buy then that is their choice. I understand buying used equipment is a risk and perhaps the hardware or livestock that we buy previously enjoyed may not be long lived but I have had great experiences in all other 9 transactions I have had on canreef and I am no noobie to the classified section. All other canreef members have advertised their items without dishonesty. All of them sold me items that were in the condition that they promised them to be in. This is only one bad experience but it should serve as a warning to others. Not a platform for debate.

Cal_stir
04-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Buyer Beware of anybody defending the seller in this case as well.

paddyob
04-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Buyer Beware of anybody defending the seller in this case as well.

+1

Remember you can rate users rep. I think this is something people forget.

I am going to rate now. :razz:

intarsiabox
04-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Reefgirl, don't put any value on what people defending dishonest people say as they are from the same mold. You are the better person for trusting others and should not change your nature. Most are great people to deal with on this forum and you should not be made to feel bad by others saying this is your fault for not assuming everyone is lying to you. Hopefully the seller will step up and do the right thing.

sphelps
04-01-2012, 03:48 PM
I think the title says it all, BUYER beware. You think you're the first to be disappointed with an internet sale? "Great Condition" is a matter of opinion, you should have obtained more information and pictures to justify your expectations prior to the sale. If it was in working condition and the owner didn't notice any of these issues (which is very likely the case) then his description may have been valid in his eyes.

I've had a fair share of disappointed purchases as well, recently over paid (IMO) for some items that were way smaller than expected but this my own fault and no different from your experience, I should have obtained more info and pictures but rather I quickly jumped on the chance of getting a "deal" as did you and therefore there are risks involved. People that take perfect care of there equipment do so to withhold the value, they won't likely then sell it for less than half retail.

We don't need a feedback system, this isn't ebay. The mods and director aren't here to protect you from bad purchases, that's not what the site is about. Take responsibly for your own actions, life is fall of risk and consequence.

sphelps
04-01-2012, 03:53 PM
PS use PayPal for internet purchases, you can file a claim with then and 99% of the time the claim is rectified to a fair solution.

Cal_stir
04-01-2012, 03:58 PM
"BUYER beware" is a COP OUT, "SELLER bedecent" is the way it should be.

Cal_stir
04-01-2012, 04:00 PM
+1

Remember you can rate users rep. I think this is something people forget.

I am going to rate now. :razz:

Where do you do that?

weyburnt
04-01-2012, 04:03 PM
I have to say I always worry when I sell something used that this is the day it stops working, and I'm going to look like a jackass. However I'm pretty sure this seller realized this unit was on it's last legs, or didn't work at all. As well unless this seller dos'nt check the bored much, he is more than welcome to chime in and defend himself. And good on you for this post. You have made a good point, by all means post his username so other people know how he does business.

sphelps
04-01-2012, 04:04 PM
"BUYER beware" is a COP OUT, "SELLER bedecent" is the way it should be.

In a perfect world but we need to face reality here by taking responsibility for our own mistakes instead of blaming everyone else for not being perfect.

reefwars
04-01-2012, 04:09 PM
has anyone been able to verify that ther guy isnt dead or in hospital??

im on your side reefgirl i believe seller has a responsibility just as buyer does, just everytime i open this thread i cant help but think the ghuys prob in a coma somewhere lol sorry:P

Reef Pilot
04-01-2012, 04:10 PM
I like to think Canreef is a small enough community, that people wouldn't dare try to take advantage, as their rep and name would be quickly tarnished if they did. I think it is good that shady deals and people are exposed, as in this thread. That goes for businesses as well. The seller always has a chance to defend themselves, if they feel they are wrongly accused, and people then can make up their own mind.

And I like it, too, when some sellers are questioned about their prices even by those that aren't buying, although I know the mods don't like it. But it keeps everyone honest, and helps protect the newbies.

Having said that, buyers should take whatever precautions they can with questions and pics, or better yet, buy locally and see the items yourself.

I belong to a couple small aviation forum communities as well, where a lot of used stuff gets bought and sold. And the regulars all look after each other. Any unscrupulous people are run off pretty quickly if they try anything shady.

This should not be like Craigslist or Kijiji. JHMO.

Cal_stir
04-01-2012, 04:11 PM
In a perfect world but we need to face reality here by taking responsibility for our own mistakes instead of blaming everyone else for not being perfect.

Don't need perfect, just decent.

sphelps
04-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Don't need perfect, just decent.

Either way such expectations will lead to disappointment.

reefwars
04-01-2012, 04:21 PM

for real??

this has got to be prob the worst post ive ever heard on canreef, i disagree with it completely, sure must be nice to buy whatever you like whenever you like...." and this is why you dont buy used equipment" ......really???? really??? wow cant wait untill i have the pleasure of selling you something someday....your accountant must hate you:P

anyways have some respect for the girl who just got scammed, if you dont support here or think she is in the wrong then start your own thread and call it seller beware where you and all the reefconvicts can get together around the big evil table and talk about this weeks new scam and warning sellers of customers who may ACTAUALLY WANT WHAT THEY PAID FOR......

and why not try to run him off the board, let me ask you this mr reefocean, would you rather a board full of people who sell questionable products never post anything but sellables/buy or a board full of members who buy stuff based on honor and offer info, help, and friendly warnings of scams like mentioned...

you people are the reason we have locks on our doors.......

your post is 100% crap.......

Reef Pilot
04-01-2012, 04:22 PM
I have to say I always worry when I sell something used that this is the day it stops working, and I'm going to look like a jackass.

Actually, I worry about that, too. I would rather refund the buyer if they are not happy with their purchase from me, as long as it is returned in the same condition as received. It is not worth arguing or bad feelings for the amounts we are dealing with here, even if the buyer is a jerk.

justincgdick
04-01-2012, 04:28 PM
I always say to my buyers, if it's not working out for you bring it back for your money back. That way I can't hide anything.

Aquattro
04-01-2012, 04:30 PM

im on your side reefgirl i believe seller has a responsibility just as buyer does, just everytime i open this thread i cant help but think the ghuys prob in a coma somewhere lol sorry:P

Denny, for me, the fact that he edited his location and replaced his email address with a fake says he isn't interested in fixing the issue. He has been online during the period the buyer had been trying to get a resolution.

reefwars
04-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Denny, for me, the fact that he edited his location and replaced his email address with a fake says he isn't interested in fixing the issue. He has been online during the period the buyer had been trying to get a resolution.

awww thats just to bad for her i feel bad, it sure is a shame when sometimes all it takes is a call and an apologie:(

me and my boss were talking about an employee who had stole some tools last week .....and then just dissappeared......we were saying that being honorable doesnt have to mean full refund or resolve untill the buyer is happy but a simply communication and an apology goes along way.

jtbadco
04-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I completely disagree with Reef Ocean. What a load of crap. It must be nice to be so rich that you can afford to buy new whenever you want, not all of us are so fortunate.

This person has legitimate concerns regarding equipment that she was sold where the seller completely misrepresented it's condition.

I think the fact that the seller has been active on the forum but has refused any contact from the buyer shows his intent.

I buy and sell tons of stuff on my local forum. If I sell anything and the buyer is not happy I give them a refund. Any decent person should be willing to stand behind their sales.

The seller has had 5 pages of this thread to chime in and defend his actions and hasn't.

I fully agree with threads like this. Anyone else who may try to buy from this seller should be aware of his rep.

Rice Reef
04-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Reefgirl, sorry to hear about your bad experience and thank you for sharing it. I think this will help everyone, sellers and buyers. As a buyer, don't be afraid to ask for more info and pics. For the sellers, be understanding and see it from the potential buyers eyes and be able to provide as much detail as possible, show recent pics and not to take it as a nuisance or a bother. As for this guy, I'm sure he will get his retribution as I always believe that "what goes around comes around".

troni
04-01-2012, 05:00 PM

ask reefocean he seems to be on his side, he might know him.

canadianbudz604
04-01-2012, 05:01 PM
The seller and the guy saying he buys stuff all brand new can go and....
Flawless condition my ass. Thats the crappy thing about buying stuff that needs to be shipped. Unless you can see it in person, who knows what your gonna get when it arrives. Of course the guy isnt going to msg you back, he just got $$$$ for selling a broken piece of equipment. If your selling something used, you should be honest of the condition, and put the price according to condition. Thats just the way you sell used stuff.

Aquattro
04-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I think this thread has made it's point. Closed.