PDA

View Full Version : Aquaticlife 1.0W x 72 LED

yellowworld
03-31-2012, 08:16 AM
Hey guys I was curious to know if anyone has one of these or knows anything about this fixture, its going to go over a 72g bowfront, with a centre brace. Any feed back would be much appreciated, or if you know of a better option for lighting the tank I would love to hear it! I want to go LED or T5

http://www.aquaticlife.com/products/1937#1

Im looking at the 1w 72 LED fixture in a 48" Length

RDNanoGuy
03-31-2012, 08:36 AM
1 watt LEDs are pretty weak and this fixture doesn't help with 90 degree lenses, much too wide to get good penetration I'd save your money and look for something with 3 watt LEDs and a 60 degree lens.

yellowworld
03-31-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks! do you have any suggestions?

RDNanoGuy
03-31-2012, 08:52 AM
That really depends on a few things:

What's your budget?
What features are you looking for? ie. dimming, built in timers, storm effects? Or do you need a basic fixture?
How handy are you? Looking for a ready to go unit or are you up for a little DIY?

yellowworld
03-31-2012, 09:12 AM
That really depends on a few things:

What's your budget?
What features are you looking for? ie. dimming, built in timers, storm effects? Or do you need a basic fixture?
How handy are you? Looking for a ready to go unit or are you up for a little DIY?

The tank is not for me, if it was I know what I would get but its a bit out of range for him haha. Im thinking about 600$ is the top end as far as controllability whatever comes inside that range is what he will get. Storm effects are not needed haha

I am very handy DIY is what I would do if it was mine, but I know he wants something with a warranty

RDNanoGuy
03-31-2012, 09:19 AM
In that case I'd look at the 120 watt blueline fixtures available at Aquarium Illusions. They are actually what I'm running. Very simple pendant style fixture. 2 cords one for blues one for whites. 2 of them woul light a 72 bowfront no problem. I grow Sps and a big clam under mine.

yellowworld
03-31-2012, 09:29 AM
Those are pretty bulky haha are yours hung or on a stand?

RDNanoGuy
03-31-2012, 09:41 AM
There's a couple pics on my build thread here:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=83316

Yes they area little bigger than say a Radion but they also don't cost $800!

yellowworld
03-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Those look great! I love the tank, great job and thanks for the advice!

yeah 800$ is a little steep haha

noirsphynx
03-31-2012, 05:24 PM
There is one set up at Aquarium Illusions. They have a sweet colour temperature(reminds me of fiji purple's) but if you want to keep coral they probably won't be enough, they'd be better on a shallow tank. Another downside to this fixture is that there is only one plug/switch so you can't run the blues seperate.

ReefOcean
04-01-2012, 06:53 AM
With the optics, the fixture might be alright. I have a 120w led fixture (without optics) that uses some Chinese brand (quote/unquote Bridgelux) 1w leds and it is alright. Keeps stuff alive but not much growth and ok color. Killer light for LPS/softies but for SPS, I could do much better.

Snaz
04-01-2012, 02:22 PM
If your are into DIY I can highly recommend:
http://www.aquastyleonline.com