PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy mini bearings?

-=James=-
03-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Anyone know where I can find mini bearings locally? Im looking to replace the bearings in my MP40. Ive tried PM Hobby but they dont have the size im looking for (size 607 and 698).

If nothing local, any online sites you recommend? Otherwise im going to order off eBay.

Thanks in advance!

parkinsn
03-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Dave at concept is an authorized Ecotech repair dealer. Have you tried him?

BlueTang<3
03-27-2012, 02:04 AM
Anyone know where I can find mini bearings locally? Im looking to replace the bearings in my MP40. Ive tried PM Hobby but they dont have the size im looking for (size 607 and 698).

If nothing local, any online sites you recommend? Otherwise im going to order off eBay.

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried a place like bc bearing or commerical bearing?

-=James=-
03-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Dave at concept is an authorized Ecotech repair dealer. Have you tried him?

I havent tried Dave. I figured any bearing would work and I wouldnt need to get it from Ecotech. Ill give him a try.

Have you tried a place like bc bearing or commerical bearing?

I havent tried anyone but PM Hobby because I didnt know where to look and google didnt give me much. Ill give those a try, thanks.

Cade
03-27-2012, 03:00 AM
I brought the magnet barring assembly from my mp40 to a local tool/ electric motor repair shop and they swiched them out for 20$ in 5 minutes. I had to call a few electric motor shops before I found one with both barrings in stock.
hope this helps.
-Cade.

dreef
03-27-2012, 04:49 AM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1901337&highlight=mp40+bearing+replacement

waynemah
03-27-2012, 05:01 AM
You can try one of your local hobby shops to source a bearing in those sizes (8x19x6 and 7x19x6). Ceramic would be higher end bearings, but they are generally used in nitro engines, so they can take a beating regardless.

-=James=-
03-27-2012, 05:33 AM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1901337&highlight=mp40+bearing+replacement

Thanks, but I am already following that thead. It doesnt help me with my question though.

You can try one of your local hobby shops to source a bearing in those sizes (8x19x6 and 7x19x6). Ceramic would be higher end bearings, but they are generally used in nitro engines, so they can take a beating regardless.

One of the guys in the link above mentioned ceramic is louder than stainless steel so I think I will play it safe with stainless steel.

gregzz4
03-27-2012, 07:47 AM
From one who has been bitten ....

I have MP10s
I can't say much about experience with ceramic bearings, but I tried the stainless ones from BOCA referenced in the above post about replacement on reefcentral.
My experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I spent $30 on bearings and lube, waited 4 weeks for my shipment, then contacted BOCA, they re-shipped, then waited another 2-1/2 weeks before they arrived.
I installed the stainless bearings and one of them is noisy, so I have decided to purchase a new dry side.
BTW, neither new bearing was quieter than the old ones I pulled out when I shaft-tested them.
Whether or not Cade had a good experience with new bearings, I recommend you bite the bullet and buy a new dry-side.
If you do try replacements as I and many others have done, you'll only waste money trying to find the correct, quiet bearings, only to find that they are just as bad or worse than what you started with.

gregzz4
03-27-2012, 07:49 AM
BTW, I have an MP10 Dry side for sale.
$40 no shipping

christyf5
03-27-2012, 03:17 PM
sending you PM James :)

-=James=-
04-06-2012, 06:35 AM
sending you PM James :)

Thanks to Christy for sending me free bearings!! :biggrin:

I just received them today and installed them on my gen 1 MP40. It took quite a bit of work and is quieter than the previous bearings, but not dead silent like my gen 2.

Overall, im pretty satisfied. Thanks for everyones comments.