PDA

View Full Version : BC Stores

Coralgurl
03-26-2012, 08:35 PM
We are roadtripping to Tofino from Calgary, leaving this weekend and driving west. Looks like we'll have some time next weekend to check out some stores on the way back (Vancouver at least). I'm pretty sure the family won't be overly impressed with me trying to hit all the stores, but what are the would be the can't miss stores?

Locke
03-26-2012, 08:45 PM
J&L aquatics in Burnaby and Ocean Aquatics in Delta, BC. OA is right on River Road on the right hand side across from the Husky. River road intersects with Hwy 99 right before the tunnel.

J&L is off the Galardi exit, at the intersection of Lougheed Hwy & Brighton.

Bblinks
03-26-2012, 08:51 PM
We are roadtripping to Tofino from Calgary, leaving this weekend and driving west. Looks like we'll have some time next weekend to check out some stores on the way back (Vancouver at least). I'm pretty sure the family won't be overly impressed with me trying to hit all the stores, but what are the would be the can't miss stores?

JL aquatics in Burnaby, Island pets is just down the street from JL but you could skip it if you don't have time.

marie
03-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Progressive reef is a must see if you are traveling through Victoria.

Coralgurl
03-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks everyone! J&L is on my list, see you all posting good things on a regular basis so will make the stop for sure! Would love to hit Progressive as well, but don't think we will make it down that way....:sad: Ocean Aquatics is on the list now too!

marie
03-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Would love to hit Progressive as well, but don't think we will make it down that way....:sad:

Easy Peasy, just catch the tsawwassen/swartz bay ferry to the island,

globaldesigns
03-26-2012, 09:20 PM
I am in Calgary, but buy from J&L all the time. Great pricing, some of the best and free shipping. Would love to see the store, maybe one day... Let us know your experience at the storefront.

Coralgurl
03-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Easy Peasy, just catch the tsawwassen/swartz bay ferry to the island,

I've only been to Victoria once a few years ago and I absolutely loved it. Was before my reefing days but we did go whale watching, one of the best experiences of my life!! Will try to convince the family we should go!

Coralgurl
03-26-2012, 09:32 PM
I am in Calgary, but buy from J&L all the time. Great pricing, some of the best and free shipping. Would love to see the store, maybe one day... Let us know your experience at the storefront.

Will do.

Coralgurl
03-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Woohoo, looks like we are going to Victoria as well!!

KevinK
03-27-2012, 03:25 AM
I would defenatly say Progressive,

after there move, a store to be proud of to have.

its set up, as a real candy store.

no big fuzz, no cramped feeling like the tanks are crawling up on you, I would almost say ITS MISSING A COUCH TO SIT ON

Snaz
03-27-2012, 05:15 AM
I think Oceanic Corals is a great stop if you have the time.
http://g.co/maps/qvqj3

CountryBoy72
03-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Progressive is closing down, so they should have some good deals.

Snaz
03-30-2012, 09:59 PM
I was in King Ed Pets(Burnaby) today for the first time and they had a surprisingly large marine section. I would say after J&L they have the most fish for sale and coral they are behind J&L and Ocean Aquatics.

Bblinks
03-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Progressive is closing down, so they should have some good deals.

Progressive reef is closing down, no way!!!!

Coralgurl
03-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Will be checking out a couple, we leave tomorrow morning.

BlazingArrow
04-01-2012, 05:29 PM
+1 tons of bright corals at King Ed Pets

I was in King Ed Pets(Burnaby) today for the first time and they had a surprisingly large marine section. I would say after J&L they have the most fish for sale and coral they are behind J&L and Ocean Aquatics.

Coralgurl
04-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Well, I stopped in at Blue World, nice store friendly staff. Didn't buy anything but got my fishy fix anyway. Progressive was closed for the holiday and J&L was closed by the time we got back to Vancouver as was Oceanics. So I was dissapointed to only get to 1 store but overall, west coasters have it pretty good! Its beautiful from Tofino to Victoria, saw loads of sea life, whales, eagles, even a bear was out! So it was ok to not go chasing fish stores...:lol:

Snaz
04-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Fyi - bears and eagles are not suitable reef mates... Perhaps with some serious acclimation maybe.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Coralgurl
04-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Fyi - bears and eagles are not suitable reef mates... Perhaps with some serious acclimation maybe.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Well I would have preferred a whale, but we were out of room in the van...the kids were trying to convince me that the anenomes, snails, crabs, and blenny like fish we found in the tide pools could all survive the drive to be added to the tank....bit of water temp diff!
Was a good trip!

Snaz
04-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Well I would have preferred a whale, but we were out of room in the van...the kids were trying to convince me that the anenomes, snails, crabs, and blenny like fish we found in the tide pools could all survive the drive to be added to the tank....bit of water temp diff!
Was a good trip!

I'm glad you got a chance to horse around in the tide pools, it is about our favourite thing to do.