PDA

View Full Version : fishytimes 360ish g mixed reef

Pages : [1] 2

fishytime
03-23-2012, 04:13 AM
The days of my wee 110g are are quickly coming to and end....my move to Edmonton is rapidly approaching and the move to a "big boy" tank is my reward for living in Etown:mrgreen:....this system has been in the works for what seems like forever.....the tank builder has had the dimensions since around July(I guess I shouldnt have said "Im in no hurry for the tank":razz:), when my honey pulled the trigger and got me the bestest birfday gift ever....

so here's what Im working with......84"l x 24"t x 30"w 260g display....low E front pane......euro-braced.....polished and beveled edges.....dual corner external overflows.....two, 1 1/2" holes in each overflow for herbie style drains.....the custom sump is still on the drawing board, but it will probably in the neighborhood of 100g.....Im thinking I will plumb my current 25g "wee critter" tank into the system as well for a total of around 360g

I will be re-cycling some stuff from the 110g and buying some new goodies for the big-un.....the recyclables..... Neptune aquacontroller Jr to control heating and cooling (fans) and possibly lighting (not sure on that yet).....all the power heads from the 100g will be reused......MP40, MP20, two tunze 6055s, and a tunze 6065....that will likely not be enough so Im considering doing the WES upgrade on both the MPs and will likely do a couple more tunzes.....also gonna use the Jali 300w titanium heater......

heres what girly gave me for Xmas......have I mentioned how much she rocks!?!...... the first solid piece of the puzzle......and when I say solid, I mean SOLID.....the tank stand a la Grizz, master welder extraordinaire.....one shot of it in his shop and the others of it in its resting place at Lauries haus

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_0097.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_0096.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_0095.jpg

cuz
03-23-2012, 04:26 AM
Sweet!! I'm looking forward to this one!!

The Grizz
03-23-2012, 04:28 AM
When do we get to see a pic of that BIG ASS skimmer?

claymax
03-23-2012, 04:30 AM
:pop2:

Delphinus
03-23-2012, 04:43 AM
Should be a fun build!

eli@fijireefrock.com
03-23-2012, 04:54 AM
I love following upgrades or new builds.
I am sure you will have lots of fun with this build :popcorn:

bauder1986
03-23-2012, 04:58 AM
I followed V1 and V2.....Now i follow this!:biggrin:

reefwars
03-23-2012, 04:59 AM
way to go was wondering when id see this post:P
what you doing with your 110???

mseepman
03-23-2012, 04:59 AM
So this is what happens when your significant other is also into the hobby? Looking forward to the build.

reefwars
03-23-2012, 05:00 AM
so is this v3 or you going in a different route??

fishytime
03-23-2012, 05:44 AM
Sweet!! I'm looking forward to this one!!

you and me both mang!....like I said its been a long time coming....been cutting back here and there and scrimping and scraping the cash together, so I can get what I want for the tank and not settle for anything less....well at least when it come to the lighting and skimmer.......

When do we get to see a pic of that BIG ASS skimmer?

patience padawan:mrgreen:

fishytime
03-23-2012, 05:47 AM
Should be a fun build!

I love following upgrades or new builds.
I am sure you will have lots of fun with this build :popcorn:

I followed V1 and V2.....Now i follow this!:biggrin:

thanks guys......this is kinda fun.....Ive always kinda rushed my way through things and this time it was nice in a way to really give things some thought......just so I can change my mind a dozen times:wink:

lockrookie
03-23-2012, 05:53 AM
following as well it will be epic your other tank is awesome

Magma
03-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Cant wait to see this one unfold!

fishytime
03-23-2012, 05:55 AM
way to go was wondering when id see this post:P
what you doing with your 110???

Im probably gonna sell the tank/sump/stand just so I dont have to move it to E-town........moving this tank up there will be fun enough....dont need to move two

So this is what happens when your significant other is also into the hobby? Looking forward to the build.

ya, its kinda a dangerous pairing......gonna be close to 1000g in her basement:lol:

so is this v3 or you going in a different route??

this will probably similar in feel to the 110g......the 110 was successful so I dont want to deviate to much from what worked......Im to have the time to really "go off" and do something incredible with the aquascaping with the new "bigfoot" footprint

noirsphynx
03-23-2012, 06:04 AM
That's awesome! I can't wait to see this thing stocked and running!

Douglas
03-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Very cool Doug! This will be fun to watch!

fishoholic
03-23-2012, 12:27 PM

Yep!

ya, its kinda a dangerous pairing......gonna be close to 1000g in her basement:lol:

Pretty much :surprise:

Ross
03-23-2012, 03:32 PM
:pop2:

Coralgurl
03-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Congrats Doug!! Can't wait to see this come together for you!!! But where's the pics of the tank?????? Let's see this bad boy.:lol:

sphelps
03-23-2012, 04:30 PM
So whats the purpose of using low-e glass on the front pane?

DCDN
03-23-2012, 05:27 PM
I've been waiting for this thread to start for a while now. Looking forward to following it

Ross
03-23-2012, 05:58 PM
So whats the purpose of using low-e glass on the front pane?

Keeps the heating bill down I guess.

claymax
03-23-2012, 06:00 PM
maybe it was a typo and he mean low-fe,

fe as in iron?

sphelps
03-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Keeps the heating bill down I guess.

Then why only on the front? Plus it won't help at all in that sense as it reflects radiant heat only.

I'm thinking he meant low iron glass.

fishytime
03-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Congrats Doug!! Can't wait to see this come together for you!!! But where's the pics of the tank?????? Let's see this bad boy.:lol:

I would love to show you it but.......I dont got it YET

fishytime
03-23-2012, 11:21 PM
yes yes...... this was a typo.........Im in the trades........my brain was saying low iron but my fingers said low E......then my dumbass brain missed it after the fact.....I would go back and edit it but......

Leah
03-23-2012, 11:30 PM

Is it the bait to catch the shark/fish? :lol:

Magma
03-24-2012, 01:26 AM

Sounds like your in my boat! I just got my stand today from Kevin but the tank & sump are up in edmonton, oh well the joys of keeping tanks right?

fishytime
03-24-2012, 03:43 AM
Is it the bait to catch the shark/fish? :lol:

Hook, line and sinker

Sounds like your in my boat! I just got my stand today from Kevin but the tank & sump are up in edmonton, oh well the joys of keeping tanks right?

Well that's what happens when one guy builds 90% of the custom tanks commissioned in Calgary.....he is back logged for months so we have to go elsewhere for tanks....

Magma
03-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Well that's what happens when one guy builds 90% of the custom tanks commissioned in Calgary.....he is back logged for months so we have to go elsewhere for tanks....

Very true, but then again im not picky on the tank itself, as long as it holds water and you can look into it. Its what inside the tank that counts anyways.

fishytime
03-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Very true, but then again im not picky on the tank itself, as long as it holds water and you can look into it. Its what inside the tank that counts anyways.

while that may be true, to me it would be kind of like putting a Picaso in the garage:wink:

Seriak
03-24-2012, 02:20 PM
while that may be true, to me it would be kind of like putting a Picaso in the garage:wink:

On a positives note. No one would think of looking in the garage to steal all your precious corals.

dave_C
03-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Well that's what happens when one guy builds 90% of the custom tanks commissioned in Calgary.....he is back logged for months so we have to go elsewhere for tanks....[/QUOTE]

i think there is a really good reason for this lol:wink:

thanks Dave

ps would you have settle for any other person to do this tank for you? i know i won't

fishytime
03-24-2012, 04:32 PM
On a positives note. No one would think of looking in the garage to steal all your precious corals.

true dat!:lol:

i think there is a really good reason for this lol:wink:

thanks Dave

ps would you have settle for any other person to do this tank for you? i know i won't

No Im not settling for anyone else......will patiently wait and vibrate with anticipation:mrgreen:

so heres a couple more pics of some of the equipment that Ive been gathering.....

Water Blaster 7000, for the return

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6165.jpg

and some shots of the beast.....just for you Greg:razz:

the boss and I were out and about and we decided to play hookey from work and go get my skimmer.....this shot is in the back of my bosses 3/4 tonne Ford

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/6-line/IMG_0576.jpg

and I barely got the thing in my little "Jimmy" to get it home, the box was freakin massive!!!

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/6-line/IMG_0578-1.jpg

once I dragged it in the door I saw why the box is so huge.....its packed pretty darn well

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6161.jpg

Bubble King SM 300 internal......the king of skimmers....welcomed home with the king of beers (for size reference)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6167.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6169.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6170.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6171.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6172.jpg

Lance
03-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Hell of a skimmer Doug. You'll be able to suck the guts right out of them fishies.

The Grizz
03-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Damn that thing is HUGE!! I was about to say " 3 or 4 pages and only 2 pics " until I seen more. :twised:

Zoaelite
03-24-2012, 04:56 PM
BAH! If I get flack for showing Coors Light in a photo you are sure getting it for Budweiser!!! *Cough King of Preservatives more like it Cough* :lol:.

That skimmer gives me goose bumps, we need Mike in here to christen that puppy!

The Grizz
03-24-2012, 04:59 PM
we need Mike in here to christen that puppy!

Mikes busy playing army men in his treehouse until tomorrow :twised:

Zoaelite
03-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Mikes busy playing army men in his treehouse until tomorrow :twised:

Looks like were going to have to wait until tomorrow then, Doug you name this bad boy yet (Or bad girl haha).

fishoholic
03-24-2012, 05:18 PM

No Im not settling for anyone else......will patiently wait and vibrate with anticipation:mrgreen:

Definitely no one else we'd want for this, however while Doug patiently awaits I'm going to get a stick and poke him :boink::boink::boink: :razz:

dave_C
03-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Definitely no one else we'd want for this, however while Doug patiently awaits I'm going to get a stick and poke him :boink::boink::boink: :razz:

will tell him the wait is almost over:mrgreen:

made room last week to start he's tank:wink:

es355lucille
03-25-2012, 04:38 AM
Me - :pop2:
Little Mrs - :pop2:

Awaiting the arrival........its so exciting!

Rice Reef
03-25-2012, 04:47 AM
Bubble King SM 300 internal......the king of skimmers....welcomed home with the king of beers (for size reference)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6167.jpg

tagging along to your exciting journey! Planning to brew your own beer with that bubble king?

Let's see more...:biggrin:

lastlight
03-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Nice skimmer bro! Love the packing job they did that's awesome lol. Drive slow with that tank when you get it... we're all too impatient to deal with a repair ;)

You're going radions right? Thought that was the original plan.

fishytime
03-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Me - :pop2:
Little Mrs - :pop2:

Awaiting the arrival........its so exciting!

thanks Brad......Im waiting and excited to see your "little" project up and running:wink:......are you gonna start a tank journal for it?

fishytime
03-25-2012, 04:54 PM
tagging along to your exciting journey! Planning to brew your own beer with that bubble king?

Let's see more...:biggrin:

well I hope it brews something a little nastier than beer:biggrin:.....we could ask Lance's Mrs. how it tastes:lol:

Nice skimmer bro! Love the packing job they did that's awesome lol. Drive slow with that tank when you get it... we're all too impatient to deal with a repair ;)

You're going radions right? Thought that was the original plan.

thanks Brett.....I loved the packing job too.....until I unpacked it and all that crap ended up all over mi casa :mrgreen:

yup....decided on the Radions.....gonna try four and see if that is enough.....Im not planning on the rock work being from the back glass all the way to the front (like Levi's amazing tank), so Im hoping that I will get the coverage that I need......Im gonna keep my T5s just in case I feel that the Radions are not gonna cut it.....in which case it will be LED up front and T5 in the back.....

Doug
03-26-2012, 12:00 AM
So it has two different sized pumps Doug?

and would you like me to correct the "low e"...:D

es355lucille
03-26-2012, 12:26 AM
thanks Brad......Im waiting and excited to see your "little" project up and running:wink:......are you gonna start a tank journal for it?

Inspiration, soley by seeing your new build started....I am starting my tank journal today.

fishytime
03-27-2012, 03:32 AM
So it has two different sized pumps Doug?

and would you like me to correct the "low e"...:D

ya, that would appear to be the case:noidea:.....my best guess is, maybe before the "Deluxe" line came out the next size up from my skimmer in the "SM" line probably had the same body dimensions but used two 2000 pumps instead of the 1500/2000 combo that the 300 has......I dont know tho.....that was just a sot in the dark

I'd rather be able to do it for myself but:wink:......thanks for the offer Doug but sometimes there is no use in attempting to hide the obvious:mrgreen:

Inspiration, soley by seeing your new build started....I am starting my tank journal today.

Its funny this place(canreef) has a motivating quality about it sometimes....other times it makes you feel like your soooo not doing enough:mrgreen:......Im sure that a week in the sun re-chargeing your batteries helped motivate you too:wink:

fishytime
04-12-2012, 01:53 AM
here's a bit of an update....got the sump ordered from Steve at RCE..I figured there was little point in having the sump done here by Gary when A) he is soooo backed up and B) I would then have to move it to E-town....anyway, the sump will be 60"L x 25"W x 16" high making it 103g with probably about 60-70g of water in it at running depth.....

I also picked up a couple more goodies.....a tunze 6025 for either the sump or the water mixin bin/tank (undecided on that detail as of now) and another 6055 for the display.....

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6187.jpg

Myka
04-12-2012, 02:38 AM
Goin bigger eh? Sounds like lots of work! :lol: Sweet ass skimmer! Why such small powerheads for that big tank?

fishytime
04-12-2012, 02:54 AM
Goin bigger eh? Sounds like lots of work! :lol: Sweet ass skimmer! Why such small powerheads for that big tank?

yup gone and gone bigger.....I have no life so I should have lots of time to budget for this:lol:.....ya the skimmer is a beast, I just wish they weren't so dang pricey.....

I like the 6055s because they are small.....this makes them super easy to hide in and behind the aquascaping ....I do have a 6065 and a couple MPs that will be going there as well

Myka
04-12-2012, 03:03 AM
Yeah, the 6055 are a nice size, but the 6105 aren't too much bigger, and twice the flow! :D

gregzz4
04-13-2012, 01:16 AM
Little late on the uptake here as I just caught the pic of your skimmer
Holee that thing is a monster
I'll stick with my 75g for now ( seeing as it's not even running yet )
Although I do see me needing something that size when I retire

Seriak
04-13-2012, 07:12 PM
I'll stick with my 75g for now ( seeing as it's not even running yet )
Although I do see me needing something that size when I retire

You wont be able to afford it when you retire.

sphelps
04-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Monster skimmer and nano powerheads... seems like a weird combo but to each their own.

FYI in my experience having used both the SM300 and SM250 the 250 works significantly better. I swear that 300 was originally intended to be used with a single pump but when tested it was discovered it wasn't enough so they added some dinky little extra pump just to get it working. At least that's my theory, I never really got it working on a good steady pace, the small pump seemed too inconsistent and required constant attention. The 250 is not much smaller and virtually never requires adjustment or attention.

gregzz4
04-13-2012, 10:29 PM
You wont be able to afford it when you retire.
Ya I'm quite shocked at the price of the larger BKs
And I'm not retiring if I can't afford to play :smile:

fishytime
04-14-2012, 05:46 AM
Yeah, the 6055 are a nice size, but the 6105 aren't too much bigger, and twice the flow! :D

jeeze it all about the size huh?......:redface:......I know they are not that much bigger in size...but its more to do with what I need for the application.....3000 gph behinds or through the rocks may be a bit too much ...

its not really all that tall (which is one of the reasons I chose this skimmer), it's the girth that is impressive:mrgreen:

fishytime
04-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Monster skimmer and nano powerheads... seems like a weird combo but to each their own.

FYI in my experience having used both the SM300 and SM250 the 250 works significantly better. I swear that 300 was originally intended to be used with a single pump but when tested it was discovered it wasn't enough so they added some dinky little extra pump just to get it working. At least that's my theory, I never really got it working on a good steady pace, the small pump seemed too inconsistent and required constant attention. The 250 is not much smaller and virtually never requires adjustment or attention.

well after buying the skimmer and my lighting, the nanostreams are all I can afford:mrgreen:

I spent a couple hours going through the "BK owners club" thread on RC and the KZ forum before making the decision.....any complaints about the 300 (there werent many) were diagnosed as user error (skimmer chamber was too deep)....Im not too worried about the wee tiny handful of people that had trouble tuning this model....it impresses me more, the overwhelming majority of good reviews:wink:

Zoaelite
04-19-2012, 02:57 AM
Just came from creepin V2 and I'm pretty excited to see how you lay the new aquascape out. I know it's a little early but you have any ideas on how you want to put everything in?

DiverDude
04-19-2012, 03:59 AM
Very cool, Doug ! The only disconcerting bit that caught my eye was the bit about moving to <cough> Edmonton <cough>.

Who'd you **** off to deserve THAT ?? :razz:

fishytime
04-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Very cool, Doug ! The only disconcerting bit that caught my eye was the bit about moving to <cough> Edmonton <cough>.

I didnt tick anyone one off man (except maybe my family and the guys I work for, by leaving Calgary).....I done went and fell in love with a reefer gal up there:wink:

Just came from creepin V2 and I'm pretty excited to see how you lay the new aquascape out. I know it's a little early but you have any ideas on how you want to put everything in?

well you've seen my tank in person right?.... Im really fond of the overhangs with the PVC substructures I have going on.....I get so many compliments on them, so Im thinking that the big tank will look fairly similar to V2...with 30" front to back Im thinking of attempting a really dramatic, massive overhang in this tank.....the overhangs in V2 were done with 1/2 PVC....the overhang Im envisioning in my head will likely need a substructure of at least 1"- 1 1/2" PVC.....I wanna try and blow peoples minds with this aquascape in this tank....

well yous guys went and made me all self conscious about my inadequacies in the powerhead department so I picked up one of these

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6264.jpg

fishytime
04-22-2012, 09:16 AM
so I got the news a day or two ago from the G-man himself that he will be doing my tank this w/e (I hope Im not jinxing it by posting that its gonna be done).......Steve, from RCE texted me today(yesterday technically) that he is picking up my sump from Niel on Sunday.......this thing finally sounds like its gonna come together!!!!:multi:.... Im soooo excited that here I sit at 3 AM with the wheels turning in my head not able to sleep....If the tank does indeed get done, it will be making the trip to E-town next w/e......I have a massive "to do" list this week that includes cutting the two plywood shelves for the stand, compiling the specialty plumbing parts, starting a "fishytime's beer/pizza/tank move get together" thread for Saturday in Etown.....gonna move the live rock I have sitting in tubs up there too......whew, this building a tank in one city while living in another is gonna be the death of me:mrgreen:

fishoholic
04-22-2012, 01:11 PM

No one, he just finally decided to move on up in the world :razz:

I didnt tick anyone one off man (except maybe my family and the guys I work for, by leaving Calgary).....I done went and fell in love with a reefer gal up there:wink:

:love:

so I got the news a day or two ago from the G-man himself that he will be doing my tank this w/e (I hope Im not jinxing it by posting that its gonna be done).......Steve, from RCE texted me today(yesterday technically) that he is picking up my sump from Niel on Sunday.......this thing finally sounds like its gonna come together!!!!:multi:

:cheer2:

......whew, this building a tank in one city while living in another is gonna be the death of me:mrgreen:

Better move up quicker then :wink:

gregzz4
04-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Can hardly wait for some pics. Another monster to drool over

fishytime
04-22-2012, 11:32 PM
well no need for waiting:biggrin: Steve delivered the sump to Laurie's place today and she snapped a couple pics for me(thanks Steve and thanks Baby)

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/6-line/DSC_0196.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/6-line/DSC_0195.jpg

gregzz4
04-23-2012, 12:56 AM
Look at all that room :biggrin:

The Grizz
04-23-2012, 01:05 AM
You are going to crap when you see your sump in person :surprise: seen it yesterday!! There's only 2 baffles that don't have polished edges, it looks sweet.

The Grizz
04-23-2012, 01:07 AM
well yous guys went and made me all self conscious about my inadequacies in the powerhead department so I picked up one of these

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6264.jpg

oh you big wussy! No will power to stand firm on your so called inadequacies :razz:

freezetyle
04-23-2012, 02:57 AM
well no need for waiting:biggrin: Steve delivered the sump to Laurie's place today and she snapped a couple pics for me(thanks Steve and thanks Baby)

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/6-line/DSC_0196.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/6-line/DSC_0195.jpg

Beauty of a sump Doug. Going to have to place a beer (case) beside it for a better size reference :lol:

fishytime
04-23-2012, 03:04 AM
Beauty of a sump Doug. Going to have to place a beer (case) beside it for a better size reference :lol:

what, the salt bucket wasnt a good enough size reference??:razz:....but I will get working on that case:drinking:

freezetyle
04-23-2012, 04:32 AM
what, the salt bucket wasnt a good enough size reference??:razz:....but I will get working on that case:drinking:

it was, but I'm sure the beer will be more fun for you after the comparative photo. It will help the stress of moving a tank halfway across a province

fishytime
04-23-2012, 04:40 AM
it was, but I'm sure the beer will be more fun for you after the comparative photo. It will help the stress of moving a tank halfway across a province

what are you talking about?....it will be an empty box for the size reference pics:lol:....believe me, I've been stressing about this build/tank move for monthes:neutral:

fishytime
04-28-2012, 03:40 AM
tank is done and will be on its way to Edmonton tomorrow:becky:... Gary sent me a teaser pic.....

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/IMG_0677.jpg

cuz
04-28-2012, 04:01 AM
looking great!!

going to play around with it this weekend?

fishytime
04-28-2012, 04:43 AM
looking great!!

going to play around with it this weekend?

well, I'm up a 6am tomorrow, get my personal things together for the w/e in E-town, get two LR bins emptied, put in the truck, re-filled, bag up two frags for Grizz, then off to go pick up the tanks and gate valves and then the three hour drive.. then I have to get the stand shelves screwed into place, the foam for the sump cut, remove the handrail going to the basement, remove the light in the hallway where the tank will have to stand on end, then Ive got the guys coming to help hump the beast into the basement for 2pm, then I have to get an idear of what fittings I need to do the plumbing, run to the home improvement store or two, get to RCE to get my spa flex and check valve, then run the suction cups back to AI before they close at 6...... then spend the whole day Sunday trying to get the plumbing done and back to C-town Sunday evening...................so ya, I will be playing around with the tank this w/e..*sigh*...sounds like a heck of a lot of work to me:lol:

fishytime
04-29-2012, 02:33 PM
so the tanks is officially in Lauries basement.....it was a fairly smooth move.....I had 7 guys here to help me.....in no particular order.....Tim (tim the tool man), Bob (the Codfather), Jason (subman), Travis (troni), John (blacknife), Steve (Red Coral), and Abe (Abe).....a huge shout out to you guys, never could have got it done without yous....1000 thank yous:biggrin:.....the only hiccup was, the overflows hanging off the back didn't allow the tank to twist the way it needed to, to get down the second set of stairs..... so after a few minutes of head scratching and talk of hacking Lauries house apart (she was at work at the time) I made the call to cut the overflows off the tank.....this seemed to be the easiest fix, but doing so means the plumbing on the tank probably won't get done completely today...the overflows will need to set up before I can hang plumbing off them...Laurie got off work early to come and supervise and got home just as we were done....I told her I had to cut the overflows off the tank and she said "why didn't you just cut the wall open!!!".....Jasons son took a few pics of the moving so hopefully he will post them, but here are a few shots of my new baby in its home....

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0205.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0208.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0207.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0209.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0206.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0204.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0203.jpg

and the view from the couch
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0211.jpg

fishoholic
04-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Found the pic's of the tank in the truck all ready to come to Edmonton. A big thank-you to Lawrence and Mad Reno's for letting Doug borrow the work truck to bring the tank down.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/IMGP6268.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/IMGP6269.jpg

DCDN
04-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Tanks looking great

Pazil
04-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Found the pic's of the tank in the truck all ready to come to Edmonton. A big thank-you to Lawrence and Mad Reno's for letting Doug borrow the work truck to bring the tank down.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/IMGP6269.jpg

What a beauty.....Glad everything went well!!:thumb:

Seriak
04-30-2012, 12:24 AM
Looks great. Glad it worked out.

The Grizz
04-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Should have just cut a hole in the wall Doug :twised: a good carpenter or reno dude could have fixed it easily that is if you know one :razz:

Tank looks great Dougster, now hurry up & get it wet! :twised:

subman
04-30-2012, 12:51 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b87/subman001/2012-04-28_14-51-51_732.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b87/subman001/2012-04-28_14-29-57_310.jpg

Unfortunatly Jr. Was more interested in Laurie's tanks so thats all the pix he got lol

Glad I could help out....can't wait to see it full!

fishytime
04-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Tanks looking great

thanks Dan!

What a beauty.....Glad everything went well!!:thumb:

are you talking about the tank or your truck?:lol:

Looks great. Glad it worked out.

well, we'll see if it all worked out when I fill the tank with H2o:neutral::wink:

Coralgurl
05-01-2012, 12:02 AM
What?? its not salty yet?? Whatcha waiting for??? jk!:razz:

Sweet tank, worth the wait I bet!!

fishytime
05-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Should have just cut a hole in the wall Doug :twised: a good carpenter or reno dude could have fixed it easily that is if you know one :razz:

Tank looks great Dougster, now hurry up & get it wet! :twised:

I figured it would take less time and money to put the overflows back on then it would to fix the drywall, door jamb and casing......I may have been wrong.....I have a new least favorite tank chore.....scraping silicone off glass....took way longer then I thought to get the glass clean enough to re-silicone....between all the running around I had to do and the time sucking vortex of scraping silicone I only managed to get one of the overflows glued back on before I had to leave for C-town to get the bosses truck back......will be back in E-town this coming w/e to get the second overflow stuck on and the plumbing done....

Unfortunatly Jr. Was more interested in Laurie's tanks so thats all the pix he got lol

Glad I could help out....can't wait to see it full!

I get distracted by Lauries tanks too.....hey a couple pix is better than no pix....thanks again mang!

fishytime
05-01-2012, 12:06 AM
What?? its not salty yet?? Whatcha waiting for??? jk!:razz:

Sweet tank, worth the wait I bet!!

thanks Sheena.....I could have worked through the night on Saturday, but I was wiped out fron the day....I would rather make another trip up there this w/e to get things done then rush through it and F something up....besides it give me another excuse to see my baby again....Laurie I mean, not the tank:wink:

fishoholic
05-01-2012, 12:11 AM
thanks Sheena.....I could have worked through the night on Saturday, but I was wiped out fron the day....I would rather make another trip up there this w/e to get things done then rush through it and F something up....besides it give me another excuse to see my baby again....Laurie I mean, not the tank:wink:

:lol: you better mean me :wink:

muck
05-01-2012, 05:11 AM
:lol: you better mean me :wink:
Else you just might be buried in that there glass box. :lol::lol:

fishoholic
05-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Else you just might be buried in that there glass box. :lol::lol:

:pound:

Doug did say that the kid inside him wants to climb in and have his pic taken :lol:

Lance
05-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Laurie, I want to know where the traditional "mermaid" pic is?

cuz
05-01-2012, 06:39 PM

+1

Lol

fishytime
05-01-2012, 06:46 PM

+1

Lol

Maybe there IS a mermaid pic..... But you guys will never see it:razz:

ElGuappo
05-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Just so long as their isnt a "merman" pic. :what:

Sent from my galaxy S2 using tapatalk.

Leah
05-01-2012, 10:22 PM

And why not?

ElGuappo
05-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Mostly because i have never mistaken doug for zoolander. ;)

ElGuappo
05-01-2012, 10:39 PM
But there was the one close call.

fishoholic
05-02-2012, 01:01 AM

And why not?

Mostly because i have never mistaken doug for zoolander. ;)

Here ya go

http://images.radcity.net/5120/4800735.jpg

fishytime
05-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Here ya go

http://images.radcity.net/5120/4800735.jpg

man, I really dont photograph well:mrgreen:

fishoholic
05-02-2012, 01:26 AM

+1

Lol

Here's a very "traditional" one for ya :wink:

http://images3.alphacoders.com/673/thumb-67385.jpg

ElGuappo
05-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Water is the essence of moisture. And moisture is the essence of water.

Parker
05-02-2012, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=fishoholic;711233]

I bet you puckered every time you hit a bump! I know I did when I brought mine home..

fishytime
05-03-2012, 03:21 AM
I bet you puckered every time you hit a bump! I know I did when I brought mine home..

you bet I did....that was three hours of butt cheek clenching.....my butt is still sore:mrgreen:

lorenz0
05-06-2012, 09:55 AM
holy look at that beaut mang

wayner
05-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Looks Ffantastic Doug! - Dave and the Concept Boys do good work!

fishytime
05-06-2012, 02:29 PM
holy look at that beaut mang

Looks Ffantastic Doug! - Dave and the Concept Boys do good work!

Thanks guys..... And I will give credit where it is due..... Dave and Gary did an excellent job on this bad boy!.... I couldn't be happier:becky:....

I spent the better part of the day yesterday doing the plumbing.... Ive got a little bit more to do today then water testing and then hopefully Laurie can get the thing watered and seasoned(salty) this week......will post some plumbing pics later.....

fishytime
05-07-2012, 04:33 AM
got the beast plumbed!:biggrin:.....

bottom side

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0219.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0220.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0225.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0218.jpg

top side
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0221.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0222.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0223.jpg

everything checked out perfect with no leaks, so I pushed the tank back to the wall and threw the level on the tank and bam!.....no shimming required....first basement floor I think I ever seen that was level:surprise:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0228.jpg

commence filling!

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0227.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0226.jpg

The Grizz
05-07-2012, 04:42 AM
Ya it's wet but is it salty yet? :lol:

I say the perfect level is all in the stand :twised:

Delphinus
05-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Kewl!!

reefwars
05-07-2012, 05:52 AM
woo hoo h2o!!! :mrgreen:

gregzz4
05-07-2012, 06:18 AM
Excellent :razz:
Such a great break on the level floor :wink:
I know how you feel about the whole thing ...
I just finished putting salt in mine tonight after tooooo many months

Hope to see yours running soon :mrgreen:

fishytime
05-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Kewl!!

woo hoo h2o!!! :mrgreen:

Im starting to get excited

Nano
05-07-2012, 10:44 PM
:mrgreen:

fishytime
05-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Excellent :razz:
Such a great break on the level floor :wink:
I know how you feel about the whole thing ...
I just finished putting salt in mine tonight after tooooo many months

Hope to see yours running soon :mrgreen:

thanks man....I did get lucky with the floor.... my build isnt actually taking that long now that I have the tank.....oh well waiting as long as I did for the tank allowed me to save the coin to go high-end-ish with my equipement....good to hear you got your tank salty!:biggrin:

Ya it's wet but is it salty yet? :lol:

I say the perfect level is all in the stand :twised:

so your saying if any part of your stand isnt touching the floor, it should carry the weight and not need to be shimmed???:razz:

my job was to get her wet....now its Lauries job to make it salty:mrgreen:

tim the toolman
05-08-2012, 02:14 AM
Good to see her wet man. That skimmer is a brute lol. I've seen full reef tanks smaller than that skimmer.
Keep those pics coming

fishytime
05-09-2012, 03:00 AM
That skimmer is a brute lol. I've seen full reef tanks smaller than that skimmer.
Keep those pics coming

its funny you say that....I was wondering how many gallons the thing holds and if I should have made allowances for it in a power out situation:lol:

I got off work a little early today so I figured if I wasnt making money, I should go spend some.....good logic eh?....I picked up the last remaining pieces of the puzzle today.....I had one from before and got three today...lighting done, *check*....hopefully this will be all the tank needs and I dont have to use my T5s .....also grabbed another 300w heater for good measure...

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6270.jpg

The Grizz
05-09-2012, 03:03 AM
so your saying if any part of your stand isnt touching the floor, it should carry the weight and not need to be shimmed???:razz:

EXACTLY!! :twised:

Lance
05-09-2012, 03:44 AM
Whoo Hoo! Water!

And nice job on the plumbing :Banane35:

gregzz4
05-09-2012, 04:11 AM
Nothin' spending money when you're not makin' any :razz:
Nice additions

reefermadness
05-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Really looking forward to seeing what this bad boy looks like in a year or so.

chris121277
05-09-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread.....but looking good so far man!

That thing is HUGE!!

fishytime
05-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Whoo Hoo! Water!

And nice job on the plumbing :Banane35:

thanks Lance....I know its not as fancy as some peoples plumbing, but I tend to lean towards the KISS approach.....I did add a bunch of unions to this build for ease of cleaning (or de-snailifying) and dis-assembly....

Nothin' spending money when you're not makin' any :razz:
Nice additions

thanks Greg......I didnt really spend money I didnt have....I had it saved up and was waiting until Dave got some more units in.....

fishytime
05-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Really looking forward to seeing what this bad boy looks like in a year or so.

thanks mang!.....I cant wait either....its killing me that this tank is sitting in E-town and Im in C-town chomping at the bit to get it scaped and the cycle started....

I don't know how I missed this thread.....but looking good so far man!

That thing is HUGE!!

you just werent looking hard enough:razz:......

and were you talking about the tank or the skimmer?:mrgreen:

so its taking some time to get the thing full of water because Laurie has to balance her weekly water change schedule with making RO for my tank......her RO unit and water storage tank are in a crawl space about 36' away from my tank, so here is what she came up with so she wouldnt have to hump water out of the crawl space.....I imagine that this is what I will use to get water back in the tank after a w/c...

follow the hose, it always knows:mrgreen:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0237.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0236.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0234.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0235.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0231.jpg

and finally where it ends up and where the tank sits water wise ATM

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0230.jpg

fishoholic
05-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Ya it's going to take awhile to fill with only RO but I'm working on it. The 40 foot hose definitely helps!

JDigital
05-13-2012, 04:58 PM
It's not full yet?! :cry:

Zoaelite
05-13-2012, 05:04 PM
This thing just emanates with a TOTM aura and its not even full of water yet!! Great job mang, I'm stoked to see this set up and running.

lockrookie
05-13-2012, 11:22 PM
have you thought of taking some of the water from teh weekly water change and throwing that in the tankto help with reduced the cycle... or do you not want the tanks to swap spit so to speak.

fishytime
05-14-2012, 11:47 PM
It's not full yet?! :cry:

I know!.....

This thing just emanates with a TOTM aura and its not even full of water yet!! Great job mang, I'm stoked to see this set up and running.

thanks Levi....I must admit that the thought of being the first person (I think) to get TOTM on two different tanks would be cool.....Im just gonna have to work my arse off of this tank like I did with V1 of the 110g....maybe even dose and stuff:mrgreen:....

have you thought of taking some of the water from teh weekly water change and throwing that in the tankto help with reduced the cycle... or do you not want the tanks to swap spit so to speak.

swapping spit with Lauries tanks is not an option.....her phosphates are off the chart and I dont really want to start my tank off on the wrong foot.....she actually wanted to fill my tank with tap water and a garden hose and I had to put the kibosh on that too, for the same reason....

chris121277
05-15-2012, 12:09 AM
I must admit that the thought of being the first person (I think) to get TOTM on two different tanks would be cool.....Im just gonna have to work my arse off of this tank like I did with V1 of the 110g....maybe even dose and stuff:mrgreen:..

That was my first question for ya :wink: are you going to be setting up some form of dosing pump on this tank? not saying your current setup isn't stellar....but inquiring minds want to know LOL

fishytime
05-15-2012, 12:11 AM
That was my first question for ya :wink: are you going to be setting up some form of dosing pump on this tank? not saying your current setup isn't stellar....but inquiring minds want to know LOL

well I do have a profilux stand alone dosser that has been collecting dust for two years.....I just may set it up and use it on this tank:mrgreen:.....we'll see:wink:

fishoholic
05-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Let there be salt!
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/Snapbucket/1A28178B.jpg

gregzz4
05-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah ! :smile:

lastlight
05-18-2012, 05:20 PM
LOL that sucker's so grainy I swear I'm seeing the salt itself =) Awesome news guys I'm excited to see this sucker scaped now.

DCDN
05-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Sweet

fishoholic
05-19-2012, 03:21 PM
LOL that sucker's so grainy I swear I'm seeing the salt itself =) Awesome news guys I'm excited to see this sucker scaped now.

:lol: ya sorry I took a quick pic with my cell phone right after I dumped the salt in. The glass kept showing my reflection in the pic so I had to crouch down and hold the phone up at an odd angle so you could see into the tank instead of the reflections.

fishoholic
05-23-2012, 05:28 AM
Finally emptied Doug's extra live rock (that had been cycling in 3 rubbermaid containers) into his tank. Must say some of the rocks were ridiculously heavy and wouldn't really even fit into the 5g bucket to carry it to the tank

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0274.jpg

fishytime
05-24-2012, 03:55 AM
Finally emptied Doug's extra live rock (that had been cycling in 3 rubbermaid containers) into his tank. Must say some of the rocks were ridiculously heavy and wouldn't really even fit into the 5g bucket to carry it to the tank

thanks baby, for getting the rock in and taking the pics:biggrin:......seeing the pic and how full the tank appears without the 150-ish pound I still have hear in Ctown, makes me think I will have more that enough rock for this thing.....the years of picking through nearly every rock shipment Ive come across and hoarding the sweet pieces are finally paying off:mrgreen:......

lastlight
05-24-2012, 04:22 AM
the years of picking through nearly every rock shipment Ive come across and hoarding the sweet pieces are finally paying off:mrgreen:......

Folks now's a great time to visit your Calgary Red Coral. They'll consistently have a fine selection of live rock available for purchase!

fishytime
05-24-2012, 04:30 AM
Folks now's a great time to visit your Calgary Red Coral. They'll consistently have a fine selection of live rock available for purchase!

your probably right!:wink:.....one thing tho....you wont get the pleasure of my witty banter:mrgreen:

lastlight
05-24-2012, 04:33 AM
your probably right!:wink:.....one thing tho....you wont get the pleasure of my witty banter:mrgreen:

Or the occasional wrasse slap :biggrin:

fishytime
05-24-2012, 04:48 AM
Or the occasional wrasse slap :biggrin:

I told you when you asked me, "no!"....now stop spreading rumors:mrgreen:

lockrookie
05-24-2012, 05:35 AM
call tlc we have a reef rock hoarders...

fishytime
05-24-2012, 05:56 PM
call tlc we have a reef rock hoarders...

Guilty as charged.... But I've got some of the nicest "sump rock" you've probably ever seen:wink:

blacknife
05-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Is there anything wrong with having hundreds of pounds of primo live rock in your sump? It has to be good for something besides hoarder value. not sure what though.

lastlight
05-24-2012, 06:32 PM
these guys that never built skirts around their tanks need to make sure their sump rocks are always looking their best :lol:

fishoholic
05-24-2012, 07:06 PM
these guys that never built skirts around their tanks need to make sure their sump rocks are always looking their best :lol:

:lol:

fishytime
05-29-2012, 03:37 AM
Is there anything wrong with having hundreds of pounds of primo live rock in your sump? It has to be good for something besides hoarder value. not sure what though.

it has value.....like when you want to stuff more coral in the tank and need to build up the rock:mrgreen:

Im just gonna leave that one alone:wink:

well the tank is finally full and the sump is operational....skimmer is fired up and frothing away.....man this beast of a skimmer is every bit as quiet as my BK mini 180!....I kinda thought that with the pumps being bigger and the fact that there is two of them that there would be a noticeable increase.....well, there aint......and now I can answer the questions about the water blaster return pump, it really quiet too.....mind you I am running a quiet one for a return on the 110 and we all know that quiet one" is just a name, so it may all just be relative ....also got the Tunze ATO hooked up with a brand spakin new 15g tank for a reservoir....

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0295.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0294.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0293.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0292.jpg

fishytime
06-06-2012, 04:06 AM
got some preliminary aquascaping done on the tank this last w/e....I knew I wanted to do a massive over hang in this tank so I picked up a few fittings and a length of 1" pvc...the bulk of the structure is done with two huge pices of rock, one massive piece at the bottom of the structure for ballast and another big piece forms the start of the overhang.....the top surface of the structure measures about 22' long and the over hang is about 10" off the sand......I have to do some epoxying to firm things up a bit, but I wanna wait and see if Im happy with it.....one thing I think it needs is a small piece attached to the bottom of the overhang to break up the straight line that is sorta has.....that ought to be fun:wink:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0342.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0343.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0344.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0345.jpg

we then rinsed 90lbs of sand.....40 lbs in the middle then piled all the rock in the center of the tank to add the other 50 lbs to the ends

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0346.jpg

the tank tested out at zero last week....I added about 30lbs of rock from the sump of the 100g on Friday(transported in water) and Laurie tested the tank today....ammonia 0, nitrite 0 and nitrates were 2....so I gave girly the go ahead to put in a "canary" chromis......if the tank still reads similarly on Thursday then the first of my fish will be going in this w/e.....

gregzz4
06-06-2012, 04:41 AM
Lookin forward to the final shots of the scape
I agree the overhang needs something to break it up, but the concept is awesome
Nice job

JDigital
06-06-2012, 05:22 AM
This tank has be coming on the forums everyday now, looking for an update. :lol: Interesting overhang.. How much more rock do you plan on adding to the tank?

fishytime
06-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Lookin forward to the final shots of the scape
I agree the overhang needs something to break it up, but the concept is awesome
Nice job

thanks man.....ya, I think it needs a little something on the bottom.....I think I have a plan to make it happen......gonna find a suitable piece goop it up with some "Orca" underwater glue, then cut a length of pvc the wedge it up against the overhang while it cures.....the theory is sound, so we will see if it works:lol:....I will likely fill it in a bit on the sandbed as well to get it looking more natural.....

This tank has be coming on the forums everyday now, looking for an update. :lol: Interesting overhang.. How much more rock do you plan on adding to the tank?

Im not sure man.....I will be doing a couple piles in each corner to try and hide the overflows a bit.....one thing for sure, I have waaaay too much rock.....it looks as though I have almost enough for the piles in the tank right now and I still have all the rock in the 110g plus another 30-40lbs in the sump....some of the rock in the 110g has some undesirables on it (like aptaisia and palys) so I may decide not to use that stuff....it will kinda be a shame not to use it as some of it has some really cool shapes....I do have the option of sticking the aptaisia rocks in Lauries tank for a few minutes to let her copperband go at it......and I do mean minutes....I put one rock in there on the w/e and the copperband barely let me put the rock down and he had the two aptaisia stripped off the rock.....he is a machine!:mrgreen:

JDigital
06-06-2012, 07:42 PM
A copperband that eats aphasia in a tank?!?!? Lies!!! :lol:

fishytime
06-06-2012, 10:32 PM
A copperband that eats aphasia in a tank?!?!? Lies!!! :lol:

not all CBBs are created equal.....Ive heard of a couple that didnt eat a dang thing

JDigital
06-06-2012, 11:41 PM
I've been out of the game so long I don't even remember how to spell "aptaisia" apparently. haha I'll just blame it on my iphone spellcheck.

fishoholic
06-07-2012, 05:15 AM
I've been out of the game so long I don't even remember how to spell "aptaisia" apparently. haha I'll just blame it on my iphone spellcheck.

Nope..........guess again...........it's aiptasia

and yes my CBB eats it very well. To bad I can't tellaport him back and forth to my 80g.

JDigital
06-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Nope..........guess again...........it's aiptasia

and yes my CBB eats it very well. To bad I can't tellaport him back and forth to my 80g.

I just copied Mr. Fishytimes spelling! haha ;)

I do have the option of sticking the aptaisia rocks in Lauries tank for a few minutes to let her copperband go at it......

fishytime
06-11-2012, 05:36 AM
I just copied Mr. Fishytimes spelling! haha ;)

ya ya ya....anyway you spell it, it spells "PITA":mrgreen:

so the big move is done.....all of my coral, fish and LR made the trip to E-town on Saturday....you wanna talk about stressful.....I started tearing things down at about 10:30 am....I ended up using bags in coolers to transport the livestock and rubbermaid bins to transport the rock in water......it ended up taking 3 hours to get everything torn down, packed and loaded....I was on the road to E-town at 1:30.....3 hour drive and a quick stop at RCE to drop of a couple more corals and the fish that Steve is so graciously babysitting.....only a few of the fish are staying with Steve, the chromis, hawkfish, royal gramma and yellow assessor( I donated a couple others to Steve)....I couldnt bring myself to put my tangs in the smallish tanks at RC....in the end I thought it would be more stressful for them to be in cramped quarters.....I rolled the dice and put all my faith in "a bottle"(prodibio start).....the tangs (chevron, powder blue and yellow) along with my sand needing fish(melanarus wrasse, leopard wrasse and "Winky" the one eyed shrimp goby) made it in the tank at about 6pm.....I then proceeded to dump a bunch of the live rock in and finished the aquascape at about 8:30 and then dosed the "start" :eek:.....Sunday rolled around and Im happy to report that the three amigos(the tangs) are all doing well.....I spent the day getting the vortechs and tunzes in the tank, assembling the light rack and placing and wiring the radions and then programming the lights......whew:faint:...... it now in Girlys hands to monitor things and make sure nothing goes south (no pressure honey:wink:)......

enough of the chit chat and on to the pics

these are for all of you that poke fun at me for being a finishing carpenter that never makes anything for his tank:p

light rack for the radions:mrgreen:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0364.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0363.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0362.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0361.jpg

the three amigos

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0374.jpg

and a FTS

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0347.jpg

Delphinus
06-11-2012, 05:39 AM
Glad to hear man, I must admit I was sort of waiting on this update!

fishoholic
06-11-2012, 05:46 AM

:lol: I guess so, you posted minutes after the update. Must admit I like having a tank right next to the couch to stare at, it's especially cool to see the way the radion's change colours :mrgreen:

lockrookie
06-11-2012, 06:05 AM
very well done id love to be able to afford radions... and i hope my fixture will be enough light

lastlight
06-11-2012, 06:24 AM
Glad the move went as planned so far! That light holder is pretty spiffy how's the sag? I was thinking if it did have a little you could apply an angled metal edge on front and back to give it some stiffness. Just use some L shaped pieces with the one side of the L under the holder...

Aquattro
06-11-2012, 01:42 PM
That light holder is pretty spiffy... .

Agreed. I thought of building something very similar, but alas, I am NOT a finishing carpenter.

Douglas
06-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Nice job on the Radions Doug! They look great mounted like that!

Lance
06-11-2012, 04:11 PM
So glad the move went well Doug. Now you can relax a little.

lastlight
06-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Doug take what you've done with the light rack and slap it onto the side of your stand. But rather that insert radions into the side of your tank you could toss these things called doors over the holes :biggrin:

FishyFishy!
06-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Very cool light rack! Looks nice and clean

Skimmerking
06-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Yet again doug you rock already on this tank man well done. The tank looks awesome dude.

fishytime
06-13-2012, 12:20 AM

well now ya know:wink:

:lol: I guess so, you posted minutes after the update. Must admit I like having a tank right next to the couch to stare at, it's especially cool to see the way the radion's change colours :mrgreen:

no fair!.....I do all the work, she gets to enjoy the tank and I have nothing here in Calgary:cry:

very well done id love to be able to afford radions... and i hope my fixture will be enough light

I cant really afford Radions either.....thats why it took so long for me to get things together for this tank....and I even have friends in high places and got a discount:neutral:.....Im happy with my choice so far.....I think the four of them will be enough:biggrin:

Glad the move went as planned so far! That light holder is pretty spiffy how's the sag? I was thinking if it did have a little you could apply an angled metal edge on front and back to give it some stiffness. Just use some L shaped pieces with the one side of the L under the holder...

thanks Brett......didnt yo Mama ever tell you, it's not polite to ask a guy about his "sag":mrgreen:.....It does sag slightly, like maybe a 1/4"....not enough that Im gonna worry about it.....I made this one out pine, so Im sure that it will warp and twist....I used pine cuz its cheap....I didnt want to spend a lot of mulah on something when I wasnt sure if four Radions was gonna be enough for the tank....if I decide to stick with four I may either make another one out of maple or get Grizz to fabricate one out of metal....

Agreed. I thought of building something very similar, but alas, I am NOT a finishing carpenter.

Thanks Brad.....I literally threw it together in about a 1/2 hour...the painting is what took the time

Nice job on the Radions Doug! They look great mounted like that!

Thanks Doug (great name BTW)

Doug take what you've done with the light rack and slap it onto the side of your stand. But rather that insert radions into the side of your tank you could toss these things called doors over the holes :biggrin:

be quiet you:lol:

Very cool light rack! Looks nice and clean

Thanks Mike, I must admit it does look pretty sleek:mrgreen:

Yet again doug you rock already on this tank man well done. The tank looks awesome dude.

you are too kind, sir:biggrin:

here a few closer shots of the scape....

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0348.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0349.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0350.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0351.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0352.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0353.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0354.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0354.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0355.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0356.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/doug/DSC_0360.jpg

Coralgurl
06-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Wow! Gorgeous set up, glad the move went well! Love the scaping and no s@&t hoarding all the nice rock...:razz:

ElGuappo
06-13-2012, 01:00 AM
Looks great. Glad to here the move went well.

Sent from my galaxy S2 using tapatalk

wayner
06-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Nice job Doug - Looks really Great - it's gonna be a hell of a job gettin all that back to Calgary in 3 months (lol)

Granny's doing well

lastlight
06-13-2012, 01:53 AM
I just pictured that radion holder made out of GLASS... can you imagine? Dave should sell one piece starfire radion holders :biggrin:

lockrookie
06-13-2012, 02:21 AM
I just pictured that radion holder made out of GLASS... can you imagine? Dave should sell one piece starfire radion holders :biggrin:

that would be cool you should suggest it

JDigital
06-13-2012, 03:41 AM
... meh... I've seen better!

lockrookie
06-13-2012, 03:45 AM
i should clarify...not saying what doug did was bad its and awesome light rack very well done.. just the glass idea just made my brian twist a touch..lol

fishytime
06-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Wow! Gorgeous set up, glad the move went well! Love the scaping and no s@&t hoarding all the nice rock...:razz:

Thanks Sheena.....its not hard to do really.....a lot of the time when I dont find some fish or coral I wanna take home, I riffle through the LR bins and take home a piece or two......a good portion of the rock that is in there now came from a Walt Smith shipment.....the rock was amazing!.....some massive pieces and extremely light.....

Looks great. Glad to here the move went well.

Sent from my galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Thanks Mikey

Nice job Doug - Looks really Great - it's gonna be a hell of a job gettin all that back to Calgary in 3 months (lol)

Granny's doing well

when I do make the trip back Im likely gonna sell all the livestock off and keep the equipment......great to hear that the
"Granny" is doing well for ya......of all the coral I have the "Granny" was the one I worried about the most when I moved it.....glad to report that it is doing well:biggrin:

fishytime
06-14-2012, 12:53 AM

that would be cool you should suggest it

i should clarify...not saying what doug did was bad its and awesome light rack very well done.. just the glass idea just made my brian twist a touch..lol

that would be sweet.......I wonder what Dave would charge for one???:mrgreen:

fishytime
06-14-2012, 12:54 AM
... meh... I've seen better!

Hey!.....at least I have a tank:razz:

lastlight
06-14-2012, 01:26 AM
Granny's doing well

Hi buddy hope all's well. Just wanna say hi and tell you you're a swell guy and stuff. Have a great night =)

wayner
06-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Hi buddy hope all's well. Just wanna say hi and tell you you're a swell guy and stuff. Have a great night =)

It's so nice to be loved, I can't even imagine what you would do for the P. Monster - Granny's a bit small, but we both will be thinking of you as we grow.

:kiss:

lastlight
06-14-2012, 02:01 AM
It's so nice to be loved, I can't even imagine what you would do for the P. Monster - Granny's a bit small, but we both will be thinking of you as we grow.

:kiss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxC9-PJfyKo

I'd listen to my wife for a whole TEN seconds =)

The Grizz
06-14-2012, 02:52 AM
Tanks coming along great there Dougster!! The light hanger is a sweet idea as well.

JDigital
06-14-2012, 05:29 AM

Touche'...

I'm waiting for the Oil&Gas Expo to finish up this week before I started buggin' the bosses about the tank at work anymore. :lol:

reefwars
07-23-2012, 02:16 AM
a hummm.....so...this things gotta be full of coral by now ????

doug if you dont update i will be forced to continue posting darth vader pugs untill you do....sorry in advance :P

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgYaxzFgOW5XGne7RJfmzU4laindnC5 KhMTyopUqpxj_p68Ul_ow

fishytime
07-23-2012, 04:07 AM
a hummm.....so...this things gotta be full of coral by now ????

doug if you dont update i will be forced to continue posting darth vader pugs untill you do....sorry in advance :P

yes, your right mang.....this thing is full of coral.....almost too full.....I need a bigger tank!:mrgreen:......all my fish and probably 90% of my coral are now in the tank....I just have a few corals in Girlys cube that I need to move over and place....I dont work Mondays, so that will be tomorrows project.....Ive been kinda lazy and it needs to get done.....I will snap some pics after everything is moved in......added a couple fish to the mix.....my tangs came down with a moderate case of ick, so I added a neon goby (along with garlic and selcon) to try and help them out......my lazy arse cleaner shrimp wasnt doing a thing for them.....also, before the ick outbreak I added a small orange shoulder tang (who went through a rough initiation and spent the first few days hiding in the rocks) and a small radiant wrasse ( who also got the snot beat out of him..... by my leopard wrasse of all fish:surprise:....so much so that I was able to catch him out and move him to Lauries cube so he can recover)other than the ick and compatibility fishues the move up here went really well

reefwars
07-23-2012, 04:10 AM
thats awesome buddy seeing that thing in person is intimidating im sure its going to look sweet looking orward to the pics.....your lucky i was just about to post more darth vader pug...:mrgreen:

fishytime
07-23-2012, 04:14 AM
thats awesome buddy seeing that thing in person is intimidating im sure its going to look sweet looking orward to the pics.....your lucky i was just about to post more darth vader pug...:mrgreen:

*said in a pathetic, just got whooped by Vader, Luke type voice* "noooooooo"....no more Vader pug pics!!!!.................. however if you did post more Vader pug pics you could make it up to me with some killer new zoas:wink::wink:

reefwars
07-23-2012, 04:22 AM
*said in a pathetic, just got whooped by Vader, Luke type voice* "noooooooo"....no more Vader pug pics!!!!.................. however if you did post more Vader pug pics you could make it up to me with some killer new zoas:wink::wink:

you got your self a deal buddy im coming up for a trip to rce again soon ill bring some zoas with me for you and ill have to see if steve will break into the private stash :P:P:P

fishytime
07-24-2012, 02:30 AM
so, here's some pics of the instant reef:mrgreen:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0001.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0002.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0003.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0004.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0005.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0006.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0007.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0008.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0009.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0010.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0011.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0012.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0013.jpg

gregzz4
07-24-2012, 02:38 AM
Nice work on the scape
Love all the nooks and crannies, and mounting locations, and style variety

Hope you're havin' a good b-day

gridley
07-24-2012, 03:21 AM
Your tank is looking very good Doug - jealousy is setting in :lol: Youv'e put a lot of work into it and it looks great. Thanks for posting the pics - they are inspiring.

fishytime
07-24-2012, 03:00 PM
thanks guys.....it was a little more difficult than I thought it would be fitting all my coral in there.....I thought, bigger tank would mean lots more room, but for as while there I thought I may have to sacrifice the open look I have and add some more rock to get all the mounting places I would need.....In the end it all worked out and I even have a a bit of room to add some new stuff down the road.....

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0014.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0020.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0022.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0023.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0024.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0025.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0026.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0027.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0029.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0030.jpg

michika
07-24-2012, 09:51 PM
I love that I come to creep on your thread, and you've conviently just updated it with photos!

Looking good Doug!

fishytime
07-26-2012, 04:28 AM
I love that I come to creep on your thread, and you've conviently just updated it with photos!

Looking good Doug!

OMFG!....you do still exist!:surprise:.......

thanks Girly....and I do aim to please:biggrin:

so heres some more:wink:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0031.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0032.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6334.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0033.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0034.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6344.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0035.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0036.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0037.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0038.jpg

DCDN
07-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Finally the waits over. Pics look great. Glad to hear things went so smoothly.

Myka
07-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Sweet photo-Gorgs Doug! Love the Scoly too. :)

JDigital
07-27-2012, 04:38 AM
FTS? :razz:

fishytime
07-29-2012, 03:06 AM
Finally the waits over. Pics look great. Glad to hear things went so smoothly.

thanks Dan....Im glad things went smoothly too.......well, sorta smoothly.....my powder blue, chevron and royal gramma all have a serious case of ick ATM....they are all still eating so Im hoping they all fight it off.....

Sweet photo-Gorgs Doug! Love the Scoly too. :)
thanks Mindy.....I have a weakness for gorgs.....they are they only thing thats has movement to it that loves flow.....a perfect fit for my tanks:wink:

FTS? :razz:

a FTS for you??? he who meh-ed my aquascaping......hmph:razz:........go back a page or two dude, FTS is there:wink:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0039.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0040.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0041.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0044.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0045.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0046.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0048.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0049.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0050.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0051.jpg

gregzz4
07-29-2012, 03:48 AM
Nice scoly
One day ...

reefermadness
07-29-2012, 04:46 AM
Nice...did you grow that setosa from a frag?

fishytime
07-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Nice scoly
One day ...

Nice...did you grow that setosa from a frag?

thanks guys!

and yes, setosa was grown from a couple skin flaps basically.....it's supposed to be a "Tyree" setosa....
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP5246.jpg

wmcinnes
08-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Doug it might be way early to ask this but how do you like LEDs over T5s? I ask because I have been considering a Powermodule instead of my Sols..

fishytime
08-07-2012, 02:18 AM
Doug it might be way early to ask this but how do you like LEDs over T5s? I ask because I have been considering a Powermodule instead of my Sols..

like you said.....it's a little early to tell how the corals will respond.....right now Im only ramping the radions up to 60% at the peak.....the zoanthids and couple of mushrooms that I have and all my LPS seem to be doing great.....my sps not so much.....Im not sure that I can say that it was the light change that has my sps looking kinda blah.....the sps went from my tank in Calgary to a tank at the e-town Red Coral and then into my basically brand spankin new fully stocked tank here....the musical tanks and the fact that both the tank and the lighting is new has taken a toll on the color............I will say this tho......I loooooove the programing options that the radions offer and even if 100% of my sps doesnt color up the way it was, Im sticking with LED and happy I made the switch

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0052.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0054.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0056.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6333.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0059.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6331.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6336.jpg

wmcinnes
08-07-2012, 11:51 PM
like you said.....it's a little early to tell how the corals will respond.....right now Im only ramping the radions up to 60% at the peak.....the zoanthids and couple of mushrooms that I have and all my LPS seem to be doing great.....my sps not so much.....Im not sure that I can say that it was the light change that has my sps looking kinda blah.....the sps went from my tank in Calgary to a tank at the e-town Red Coral and then into my basically brand spankin new fully stocked tank here....the musical tanks and the fact that both the tank and the lighting is new has taken a toll on the color............I will say this tho......I loooooove the programing options that the radions offer and even if 100% of my sps doesnt color up the way it was, Im sticking with LED and happy I made the switch

Thats understandable, for sure! Seeing your corals at RCE I couldnt beleive the color you had and in my opinion T5s color up corals the nicest! But then again I dont think I've given my LEDs much of a chance either! :razz:

JDigital
08-18-2012, 04:15 PM

You just have a bigger tank... :mrgreen: like usual!

fishytime
08-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Thats understandable, for sure! Seeing your corals at RCE I couldnt beleive the color you had and in my opinion T5s color up corals the nicest! But then again I dont think I've given my LEDs much of a chance either! :razz:

well thats kinda the thing......you are never gonna make 100% of all your coral happy 100% of the time.....there was plenty of stuff that I tried under T5 that didnt do well, never colored up properly or just plain died.....now of course I never took pics of that stuff so most people didnt see it......I imagine that it will be much the same with LED......I was just looking closely last night and I noticed that a couple of my LPS have already started growing on to the epoxy that is nailing them down, so thats a good sign.....

You just have a bigger tank... :mrgreen: like usual!

it's ok mang.....size doesnt matter:razz:

moar pics

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6348.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6357.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6359.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6360.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP6363.jpg

and I like how these type shots turn out

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0058.jpg

gridley
08-22-2012, 02:29 AM
Looking very impressive Doug!

fishytime
08-23-2012, 04:01 AM
Looking very impressive Doug!

Thanks George:biggrin:

some good new and some bad news.....

first the bad.....I lost my royal gramma the other day....had him for close to three years....the ick finally won the battle:sad:.....

the good news is, I think I may finally be getting the hang of Girlys camera....I finally got the color somewhat true to life.....

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0003-1.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0004-1.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0006-1.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0007-1.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0010-1.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0014-1.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0016.jpg

The Grizz
08-23-2012, 04:18 AM
Awesome shots as usual Dougster!! Sad for your Grammy dude :sad:

reefwars
09-04-2012, 04:53 AM
doug where ya hidin to by lol how come your not getting kicked off canreef anymore these days , all domestic like now eh?? lol :P:P:P

wheres the update , ill post darth vader pugs again lol:P

fishoholic
09-04-2012, 01:21 PM
doug where ya hidin to by lol how come your not getting kicked off canreef anymore these days , all domestic like now eh?? lol :P:P:P

:pound:

fishytime
09-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Awesome shots as usual Dougster!! Sad for your Grammy dude :sad:

Thanks Greg

Im not hiding.....Im still here.....and your right, the bachelor days are over....I have to mellow out and answer to Girly now:whip::mrgreen:

there isnt really a ton to update.....the tank is still recovering from the move.....looking like arse....oodles of cyano..... browned out sps.....fish with ick....freakin aiptasia.....not a tank Im super proud of ATM.....Ive been trying to be light on what I put in it, in an attempt to let things stabilize....Ive started dosing coral snow(just cuz I have it) to try and help knock back the cyano......I have also re-programed the "red" out of the radions....not sure if the red is helping the cyano or not, but I figured it couldnt hurt to try.....I added 5 berghia nudis a while back and it is finally looking like the population of aiptasia is starting to decline.....

Ive had some free time this summer(for a change) and took full advantage of it....lots of R&R, but I did mange to get all my electrical cleaned up, my RO water storage and salt mixing tank up and running and 95% of my coral glued down......wow, I guess there was more to update then I thought:mrgreen:

here's a few more pics

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0017.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0029-1.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0020-1.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0022-1.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0024-1.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/DSC_0025-1.jpg

cuz
10-20-2012, 03:18 AM
:playball:

JDigital
10-20-2012, 03:49 AM
No update in over a month! WTF?!:shocked!:

Reefer head
11-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Hello it was pleasure to meet up with you at red coral iam gonna take an hour and go through your build looks really good what I've seen so far well good meeting later for now my friend.

michika
11-05-2012, 03:42 PM
No update in over a month! WTF?!:shocked!:

Two months! Quick someone release the hounds....

...to find him....yes...find him...

Doug?

Marco?

Polo?

JDigital
11-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Two months! Quick someone release the hounds....

...to find him....yes...find him...

Doug?

Marco?

Polo?

Based my recent texts with Doug, I wouldn't expect an update anytime soon. :cry:

michika
11-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Thats not the answer I wanted to hear.

But at least we know he's alive so its not a complete loss.

Delphinus
11-05-2012, 06:46 PM
No that's not at all the kind of update I was hoping to hear... :-(

lastlight
11-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Hope all's well Doug. :cry:

kien
11-05-2012, 07:52 PM
:hug:

JDigital
11-21-2012, 01:48 AM
Doug! Step away from the video game... Come back to us, we miss you! :boink:

fishoholic
11-21-2012, 05:07 AM
Doug! Step away from the video game... Come back to us, we miss you! :boink:

:lol: good luck with that! He now has one computer set up for the game and his laptop for teamspeak.

kien
11-21-2012, 05:17 AM
Laurie, go get your camera, snap a few pics of the tank and report back. Oh and maybe a pic of Doug so that we know he's still alive and you aren't just making it up. Please, and thank you!

Seriak
11-21-2012, 01:32 PM
And what game has him so engrossed. I may have to go buy it.

riceboy
11-21-2012, 01:37 PM
:lol: good luck with that! He now has one computer set up for the game and his laptop for teamspeak.

lol is he hooked on wow lol
i know those days, i've been there lol

JDigital
11-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Pretty sure he is playing Stronghold Kingdoms. He asked me to join him, glad I didn't! :lol:

fishytime
12-31-2012, 11:52 PM
ok, ok....Im still here.....just in lurking mode......tank is doing ok....having mixed feeling about the switch to LED....some stuff looks good, other stuff, not so much....I finally seem to be getting rid of my aptaisia problem with the help of a filefish....unfortunately this came at the cost of my LPS....he started picking so we had to re-locate all my "meaty" LPS to Lauries tanks....I still have cyano but it is my fault for getting lazy with my maintenence....anyway you all asked for pics so he they are

some fishy pics

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8936.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8853.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8865.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8866.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8887.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8904.jpg

eli@fijireefrock.com
01-01-2013, 12:05 AM
It's nice to get you posting not just a lurker.:biggrin:
Hope all your tank problem go away in the new year.

wayner
01-01-2013, 12:24 AM
Happy New Year Doug :party: from Sunny South Florida!

Leah
01-01-2013, 12:36 AM
It's alive...he's alive, YEAH! Sorry Laurie, someone had to report him missing...now can someone call off the police I sent to go dig up the basement.

fishoholic
01-01-2013, 12:50 AM
Laurie, go get your camera, snap a few pics of the tank and report back. Oh and maybe a pic of Doug so that we know he's still alive and you aren't just making it up. Please, and thank you!

Oops :redface: missed seeing this before, I would of if I noticed this earlier.

And what game has him so engrossed. I may have to go buy it.

Stronghold kingdoms, it's a computer game.

It's alive...he's alive, YEAH! Sorry Laurie, someone had to report him missing...now can someone call off the police I sent to go dig up the basement.

:pound: LMAO!

fishoholic
01-01-2013, 01:07 AM
FYI Doug took over 70 new pic's so keep bugging him to pony up and post more :mrgreen:

freezetyle
01-01-2013, 02:27 AM
Glad to see you back Doug

michika
01-01-2013, 02:30 AM
FYI Doug took over 70 new pic's so keep bugging him to pony up and post more :mrgreen:

Quit being stingy Doug! Put up the goods!

es355lucille
01-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Hey Doug nice pictures.......keep them coming. Hey I am having the same mixed feelings about the LED. Its definately not the same, my ricordias have not been the same since I switched......they are getting smaller and smaller.

JDigital
01-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Good to see you post again Doug! Your PBT looks good.

blacknife
01-03-2013, 03:52 PM

Somehow I missed this one.... Geek. What PC getting slow and needing updates as much as this thread?

fishytime
01-06-2013, 05:53 PM
ya the game is called Stronghold Kingdoms....its kinda like sim city meets risk, meets game of thrones....over a million registered users online, worldwide....

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8917.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8899.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8925.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8927.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8849.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8809.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8847.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8807.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8846.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8806.jpg

michika
01-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Nice anthias? How many do you have?

Give us the goods Doug, FTS? More photos? Pretty please!

fishytime
01-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Nice anthias? How many do you have?

Give us the goods Doug, FTS? More photos? Pretty please!

they are purple queens.....a customer brought in a trio of them and said he had them for about a year and a half....I couldnt resist.....my group of chromies didnt care for them too much at first introduction and one of them ended up a CCC (crispy carpet critter):cry:....so now I have two

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8845.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8805.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8844.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8843.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8842.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8794.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8841.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8802.jpg

The Grizz
01-07-2013, 12:13 AM
I want some of these Zoas Mr.Dougster!!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8849.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMG_8809.jpg

michika
01-07-2013, 12:50 AM
Thank you! I really like them.

JDigital
01-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Things are looking good mang! Anthias are nicer than chromies, maybe it's time to "re-home the chrome!" :lol:

lastlight
03-05-2013, 10:29 PM
My Little Ponies Multiplayer 2000 or whatever the heck he's into these days.

Picture for reference:

http://www.fishbrains.net/images/93/doug.jpg

mseepman
03-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Haha...if that doesn't flush him out...nothing will!

lastlight
03-06-2013, 12:19 AM
Haha...if that doesn't flush him out...nothing will!

Exactly :) chum's in the water.

fishoholic
03-06-2013, 12:57 AM
Exactly :) chum's in the water.

:pound: someone is asking for trouble!

fishoholic
03-06-2013, 12:58 AM
I want some of these Zoas Mr.Dougster!!

Unfortunately cute potter angel has eaten most of the zoas in Doug's tank :sad: Pretty sure those ones became fish food.