PDA

View Full Version : dosing vitamin c

Nano
03-23-2012, 01:42 AM
I got my asorbic acid today, pure powder no fillers etc. I have been looking online and a lot of the dosing intructions are in "ppm" not grams or more preferably tbs/tsp... :lol: anyone know how much to put in? I want to start very mild, and slowly work it up, in hopes that some corals come back to life
thanks all!

daniella3d
03-23-2012, 01:56 AM
I put 1000 mg to 2000 mg in my 75 gallons. how much is your tank with sump?

On my bottle is says that 1/4 teaspoon is 1112 mg. So I dose 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon each day. you should start with 1/4 teaspoon if your have about 100 gallons, less if you have less gallons. If you ever see a white film building up on glass and pumps, lower the dosage as there is too many bacterias. Vitamin C is a form of carbon dosing.

I got my asorbic acid today, pure powder no fillers etc. I have been looking online and a lot of the dosing intructions are in "ppm" not grams or more preferably tbs/tsp... :lol: anyone know how much to put in? I want to start very mild, and slowly work it up, in hopes that some corals come back to life
thanks all!

Nano
03-23-2012, 02:07 AM
Thanks D. It's about 55g with the sump so maybe half or less then your dose would be good?

daniella3d
03-23-2012, 03:49 AM
Yes you don't need much to sart with. I would go with 1/8 of a teaspoon to start and if all goes well you can up the dose to 1/4 of a teaspoon and more if your corals react well and if you don't have the white bacteria film building up.

Good luck with your zoanthids. It's a pain to lose them.

Thanks D. It's about 55g with the sump so maybe half or less then your dose would be good?

Nano
03-23-2012, 04:06 AM
Thanks D. Much appreciated:mrgreen: