PDA

View Full Version : FS: spring cleaning lots of chalice

milou
03-22-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm going away for a while so I need to keep my tank running at bare minimum. I have a non hobbyist friend who's gonna feed my fish so I'm not taking any chance. I'm willing to ship as far as Calgary Edmonton. Ok here's what I got.

Fake Green Millepora Acro aka finger leather (the brightest green you coul'd ever found on leather, solid neon green)
Close up picture taken about 10 months ago
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/msuhendro/NeonGreenLeather.jpg

Now 7" across - $150
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/msuhendro/mix027.jpg

Chalice Green with Pink stripes $100 - 6"
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/msuhendro/mix029.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/msuhendro/mix030.jpg

Chalice Volcano Red with pink and turqoise stripes $160 - 6" (actual is brighter than the pic)

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/msuhendro/mix024.jpg

Chalice Green with yellow eye $200 - 9" across

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/msuhendro/mix022.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/msuhendro/mix021.jpg

Superman Chalice Blue with orange eye and yellow spines $230 - 5"

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/msuhendro/mix033.jpg

Super Rare Bubble Eye King Orange Ricordea $500 - 1 polyp - 3"
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/msuhendro/Langford-20110905-00734.jpg

Green Chalice orange eye - 4.5" $100

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/msuhendro/mix035.jpg

All lighting is under Radium 20K 250W. The superman will look blue even under 10k USHIO.

Please PM if you have any questions. Thanks

Dj

reeferious
03-22-2012, 11:08 PM
your bubble eye ricordia looks just like my st thomas mushroom which i must have close to 30 by now.

reefgirl189
03-22-2012, 11:49 PM
My hubby says your bubble ricordea looks like alien genital warts.

I think that means he likes it?

Either way I think it should be renamed to alienherpes ricordea or something :mrgreen:

RuGlu6
03-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Fake Green Millepora Acro aka finger leather (the brightest green you coul'd ever found on leather, solid neon green)

If we can find few people (5) to split this then it will have better chance of surviving and more will be available locally as well as no one have to risk $150.

I am willing to organize this but need to know if there is anyone else interested.

2pts
03-23-2012, 12:03 AM

If we can find few people (5) to split this then it will have better chance of surviving and more will be available locally as well as no one have to risk $150.

I am willing to organize this but need to know if there is anyone else interested.

I would be in if someone could take mine, let it heal for a week and then throw on a greyhound for me

Kryos
03-23-2012, 12:13 AM

I may be interested as well...

milou
03-23-2012, 12:43 AM
your bubble eye ricordia looks just like my st thomas mushroom which i must have close to 30 by now.

If you have identical color orange, yellow and green I'll buy a couple from you. how do you frag them?

milano07
03-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Are the corals in pic 1 & 2 the same? If so, why does it look so awesome in pic 1 and dull in pic 2?

I might be interested in a piece if it's super neon green like in pic #1.

milou
03-23-2012, 04:26 AM
I dont know how to use the camera but the color is super bright like the first one. The color is fluorescent green.

milou
03-23-2012, 04:28 AM
the polyp the body all are metallic green

milano07
03-23-2012, 04:56 AM
What's the scientific name of that coral and where did you buy it?

The Guy
03-23-2012, 05:49 AM

Hi I would be interested in getting some of the above mentioned green coral, I live in Langley. Who will do the split? Let me know if it works out.
Cheers Laurie 604 772 0423 my cell

milou
03-23-2012, 01:10 PM
They are called green devil hand finger from Fiji, I bought it at JL last year.

janalta
03-23-2012, 04:08 PM
If you are willing to split the neon leather and any is coming to the okanagan...I'll definitely take one

tang daddy
03-23-2012, 05:05 PM
I would be interested in grabbing some of the green Fiji leather aswell let's get a list going for the lm!

The guy
Tang daddy
Ruglu6
Kyros??

janalta
03-23-2012, 05:09 PM
I would be interested in grabbing some of the green Fiji leather aswell let's get a list going for the lm!

The guy
Tang daddy
Ruglu6
Kyros??

ME !!!!!!:mrgreen:

RuGlu6
03-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Ok looks like we have some people interested.

I will collect the money via email money transfer or cash if you decide to attend, i don't think we need more then 3 buyers to be there.

then i will go and look at the coral, i think we all agree that it must look like pic #1 in terms of color and polyp extension. I would prefer to have someone with me to make sure the right decision is made as well as to cut it in equal portions, preferably vertically so everyone gets a frag from top to bottom. We will cut it right there and pack in 7 separate bags in original tank water with a drop of Iodide if buyer wants this (need to confirm if you want iodide or not)

Here is the list:
1.RuGlu6
2.cmeFish
?Kryos (maybe)
?Milano07 (might be)
3.Clown Lover
4.Tang Daddy
5.janalta (whoops did not see that janalta is not local)

Please note i would rather not risk shipping, nor do i have time for this.

Must be local to pick up within days from my tank or same day, then i will keep it in the bag.

I think we can go ahead with this as seller indicted that coral is now 7" inch across it would not be wise to split more then 7 ways.
Kryos and Milano07 and everyone else please please confirm if you are still interested or not.
Then i will update the list and PM everyone my email money transfer address.

Also if there are any concerns, ideas or what if's please bring it to the discussion.

Now question to seller:
When this coral is taken out of the water it will shrink, do you think there will be enough of it to cut/split 7 ways vertically? or should we keep it down to 5?
thank you.

janalta
03-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Nope...2pts and I are both in the Okanagan....and, as stated in earlier posts....would both be very interested if anything is coming this way. Alternately, I believe there are a few members heading to the coast in early April

Kryos
03-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Yes I am still interested...

tang daddy
03-23-2012, 09:30 PM
I can go along and help assist in cutting as these corals are quite easy to frag, I think to be fair all corals should be picked up at the same time so there's no dispute. I can also pick up for anyone in rmd if they are willing to prepay me!

Kryos
03-23-2012, 09:33 PM
I can go along and help assist in cutting as these corals are quite easy to frag, I think to be fair all corals should be picked up at the same time so there's no dispute. I can also pick up for anyone in rmd if they are willing to prepay me!

I might take you up on that depending on when we are going and where the seller is located. Or.... if you don't mind, can I hitch a ride with you(still depends on when)?

milou
03-23-2012, 10:35 PM
- UPDATE: Pending sale for Green finger leather to private individual, Ricordea not available anymore, chalice still available. Thank you for all your interest on the coral.

RuGlu6
03-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Ok, this group buy is Not going to work owner does not want to split this green leather because he has an offer and also he does not want it cut.
Understandable from his point of view. Watching it grow and then to watch it being cut is not easy.

milou
03-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Update: Green Leather - SOLD, Superman Chalice - SOLD, Ricordea Bubble King - SOLD. Thank you all.

moppy
03-25-2012, 12:35 AM
Just drove 2 hours to get a leather from this guy who GUARANTEED me that I could have it only to be told once I got there that he had just sold it to some other person.

UNBELIEVABLE!!! $30 worth of gas, over 2 hours of my time, wife had to come home early, had to get money from the bank and he frickin sells it before I get there!!!!

I HAVE NEVER SAID I WAS GOING TO GET SOMETHING FROM SOMEONE ON HERE AND THEN NOT GONE AND PICKED IT UP.

Just thought the rest of you should know who you're dealing with when you go to get something from this guy.

Very dissappointed in him and hit lack of ethics about selling stuff. He's all about getting the money, not worrying about other people's time etc...

milou
03-25-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm sorry I didnt make any guarantee. I told you I had to call someone and he didn't answer my call but he just showed up before you came. You told me it was gonna be 30 min but you showed up 1.5 hr later. I could charge way more money for the stuffs but I'm not about the money. Sorry if you feel that way.

Borderjumper
03-25-2012, 02:23 AM
Just drove 2 hours to get a leather from this guy who GUARANTEED me that I could have it only to be told once I got there that he had just sold it to some other person.

UNBELIEVABLE!!! $30 worth of gas, over 2 hours of my time, wife had to come home early, had to get money from the bank and he frickin sells it before I get there!!!!

I HAVE NEVER SAID I WAS GOING TO GET SOMETHING FROM SOMEONE ON HERE AND THEN NOT GONE AND PICKED IT UP.

Just thought the rest of you should know who you're dealing with when you go to get something from this guy.

Very dissappointed in him and hit lack of ethics about selling stuff. He's all about getting the money, not worrying about other people's time etc...

That sucks.. Long drive and wasted money. I actually thought I had bought it too:redface:
luckily I was only out the price of a long distance phone call and wasted time waiting for a PayPal address.

I think the guy was just overwhelmed with the PM's and calls. Hopefully the thing was worth it.
Wonder who ended up getting it?

ottoman
03-25-2012, 04:03 AM
I guess I am the lucky one. I talked to the seller almost right after he posted, but he never guaranteed I would get it. He said first come first serve. And we tried to set up a time since thursday night, but nothing worked until this afternoon. Appeared that I was still the first to get to his place.

milou
03-25-2012, 04:31 AM
This is what Moppy said,"

Can I stop by and take a look at it?

I'm coming past JL tomorrow morning/afternoon...

Michael

So I was under the impression that he's gonna come and check it out first. I have several people who's gonna buy right out and like ottoman said, he's indeed the lucky one. Please baby that coral. I've never seen one that green. Some leathers they are metallic green but once expanded they turn yellowish but that one will stay metallic, shrink or expanded.

Borderjumper
03-25-2012, 04:35 AM
Good on you Otto.. Someday when you come to Vic bring me a little piece, I betcha I cam find you something to trade.. You haven't been by since I moved have you??

Snaz
03-25-2012, 04:57 AM
What is left please? The chalice?
Thank you.

milou
03-25-2012, 05:48 AM
Just the chalice left, except for the superman chalice.