PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Power supply - Help needed

Slick Fork
03-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Hi there,

So, it looks like the power supply for my Tunze 6055 is dead. J&L has a replacement one in stock but I need something in there over the weekend. My question: I have a spare (non-tunze) 24v power supply sitting on my desk right now. However, the Tunze OEM power supply is 1.2A, the one I have in front of me is 1.67A... Can I use this until the Tunze one arrives or will I fry something?

If anyone in Red Deer has a spare 1.2a power supply I could borrow for 5 or 6 days rather than risk this one, that would be phenomenal (long shot I know but you never know until you ask)

Thanks

Delphinus
03-22-2012, 10:37 PM
It is fine if the power supply can provide more amps than is needed. Where you run into problems is when the draw is bigger than the power supply can give - that will fry the power supply.

I think of it as the thing that requires power (in this case your Tunze 6055) will take what it needs, no matter what is offered to it. If there are amps leftover, then it's cool, but if there isn't enough to go around, then it's not so cool.

Hope this helps.

The Codfather
03-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Pm sent. Have an extra one, I'll be driving through in about 2 hrs. LMK
Bob

Slick Fork
03-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks guys,

I really appreciate it

Cheers