PDA

View Full Version : Looking for baby clown trigger

kaboom
03-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Has anyone see these little guys for sale anywhere in Western Canada?

FishyFishy!
03-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Haven't seen any lately here in Calgary. But at the same time in my experiences with small clown triggers, I think they are extremely tuff to keep alive. I've had three from about 1.5-2" and none of them have lasted longer than a week after purchase.

I found the larger ones super hearty and easy to care for.

kaboom
03-23-2012, 02:39 PM
What do you think attributed to there dimise? Diet, disease, or just sensitivity to new condition? I always thought these were bullet proofed.

FishyFishy!
03-23-2012, 06:03 PM
What do you think attributed to there dimise? Diet, disease, or just sensitivity to new condition? I always thought these were bullet proofed.

I found them extremely difficult to adjust to a new tank. all three did the same thing, after a full drip they would just hide and not come out until I found them dead. I tried numerous different foods as well, placing it almost difectly in front of them.

The second I got a 4" clown trigger he was the king of the tank in 10 minutes and it was like he never left home.

Not saying this will be the case all the time, or we obviously wouldn't have the big guys, but i've had no luck with the darn little ones.

targa81
03-23-2012, 07:25 PM
I've always wondered if the little ones are caught with cyanide as same experience for me . I'm also looking for a clown trigger but I'll wait until a medium to large one comes along.

kaboom
04-06-2012, 06:10 PM
still looking for juvenile or young ones, 1"-3" anywhere in western Canada.