PDA

View Full Version : prime overdose?

subman
03-21-2012, 05:00 PM
I looks like one or more of my kids have been pouring prime into subman jr's tank. Now his fish look terrible and his clowns died and the water is cloudy. I haven't had a chance to test the water but fear the results will be false do to the dead fish and all the prime in the tank. I'm changing water asap and adding carbon to clear it up.

Just wondering if it could be the prime that caused it or something else?

daniella3d
03-21-2012, 05:08 PM
The problem with Prime is that it will limit or diminish the level of oxygen in the tank especially if the temperature is 80F or close to that.

This is why there is a note on the bottle to limit the dosage when temperature go at 80 or over.

I suspect the fish died from lack of oxygen. Puting carbon and doing a water change will be enough probably.

one word: childproof, two words: childproof everything.

I looks like one or more of my kids have been pouring prime into subman jr's tank. Now his fish look terrible and his clowns died and the water is cloudy. I haven't had a chance to test the water but fear the results will be false do to the dead fish and all the prime in the tank. I'm changing water asap and adding carbon to clear it up.

Just wondering if it could be the prime that caused it or something else?

subman
03-21-2012, 05:10 PM
yep lack of o2 is what it looks like but I had no idea prime caused that.
Thanks