PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Worms are they ok ?

sunoka
03-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Ok here is a shot of the 25 gal and the bristol worn farm....Are they ok or should I get something to eat them ? Oh ya many large brittle stars.:question:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/meto122-2008/IMG_7231.jpg

subman
03-21-2012, 12:27 AM
they are ok.... but I would watch how much Your feeding lots of bristle worms and brittle stars is a sign of over feeding.

daniella3d
03-21-2012, 01:39 AM
That's my only cleanup crew. I don't have any crab, or shrimp, or anything else beside some snails and bristle worms. I do kill them to keep the population in control because they encrust in my zoanthid frags and beleive it or not, sometime I can pull 30 bristle worms from a single small zoa colony on a small rock, and some of them are quite big.

I use peroxyde 3% at 1/3 concentration with tank water and I watch them pour out of the rock and float and die. Best way to clean a zoa colony from them. I don't think they eat the zoanthids but a lot of them are upseting the zoanthids and I have seen a few times some zoanthids with a lot of bristles in them, so that can't be good.

So I tolerate them to a certain degree but from time to time I clean up my frag of them.

troni
03-21-2012, 02:48 AM
six line wrasse feed on the smaller ones.

reefwars
03-21-2012, 02:51 AM
whats a bristol worm??

:P sorry had too lol

reefwars
03-21-2012, 02:53 AM
six line wrasse feed on the smaller ones.

tell that to mine would ya lol mine just likes to torment the newcomers and eat all the mysis:P im not even sure if mine eats pods lol hes just plain spoiled and rude.....ive created a monster lol:P

troni
03-21-2012, 03:05 AM
tell that to mine would ya lol mine just likes to torment the newcomers and eat all the mysis:P im not even sure if mine eats pods lol hes just plain spoiled and rude.....ive created a monster lol:P

lol this might sound bad...but first thing i think about is my kids lol:twised:

Proteus
03-21-2012, 03:26 AM

Is there any one who like there 6 line lol

I would prefer my melonarous to any 6 line and he's a wrassehole

The Grizz
03-21-2012, 03:50 AM
Depends on who you ask about bristle worms, I hate them & pull them out as soon as I see them.

scubadawg
03-21-2012, 04:26 AM
Stir fry with a hint of garlic and black bean:) LOL JK

BlueWorldAquatic
03-21-2012, 05:17 AM
coral banded shrimp
arrow crab
melenarus wrasse

works well for bristle worms

Casey8
03-21-2012, 05:25 AM
coral banded shrimp
arrow crab
melenarus wrasse

works well for bristle worms

The banded shrimp and the arrow crab, are they compatible with my cleaner and peppermint shrimps ? Are they safe for small fish like gobies too ?