PDA

View Full Version : Sunbrite LED F-Series Now In Canada ey!

Reef Supplies
03-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Big news! We are very pleased to announce that we are now carrying the complete line of Sunbrite LED (http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/Sunbrite-f-series/) lighting! We are currently taking pre-orders on the F-series fixtures which will be ready for release in a couple of weeks!

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/Sunbrite-f-series/

Check out these specs
http://www.reefsupplies.ca/canada/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/thumbs/4text.jpg

Features
http://www.reefsupplies.ca/canada/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/thumbs/2text1.jpg

Great looking fixtures
http://www.reefsupplies.ca/canada/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/thumbs/1splash.jpg
Please note the all pricing is introductory pricing. Prices will most likely go up once these hit the market.

- The first WIFI capable LED’s on the market
- Iphone/Idevices controllable
- CE certified
- External ballast with cooling fan
- Quite heat sink fixture
- CREE XP LED’s – Red, 440nm, 470nm Actinic, Green, White & UV

Run it with or without an Idevice

With Idevice:

You have full control via an iphone/ipad/idevices with the WiFi application, this includes six channel independent dimming, timers and storm. Once you program it with Iphone, the program remains until you want to make changes, the app will run on your iphone/ipad/ipod time. The idevice app is the only one available for now, but an Android and a web portal will be available in the near future.

- There are one line settings for each color, you can adjust each color independently.
- You can set/program the storm setting anytime you like
- Dimmable Sunrise/Sundown! Example: 9AM-11AM you want 50% of light, and 11AM-5PM you set at 100%. The light will slowly go from 50% to 100% gradually and not just a jump from 50% to 100% all over sudden.

Without Idevice:

For those who do not use Idevices, the lights come with built in six channel manual dimming knobs. So the light is controllable without the app but you can not access the storm mode.

You can control each colour manually with the built in knobs, you can only adjust the colour intensity and use the preset timer. The preset timer will basically be a sunrise and sunset going through the cycle.

Par and LED count:

Sunbrite Lighting USA ran some par tests, they got Up to 200Par at the bottom of a 65Gal (36"x18x24") tank….with no optics! They come with Cree XPG 5W LEDS and 3W LEDS. For example, the 48” comes with 20 5W XPE, 44 3W XPE, 4 3W orsam red and 8 1W UV’s!

Please view our spec sheet for info on all our fixtures.

Contact us today (http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/help.php?section=contactus&mode=update) to pre-order your fixtures. Dealers are also welcome!

thank you!
Ray

Reef Supplies
03-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Distributed by Sunbrite Canada - Dealers welcome http://www.sunbritecanada.ca/ (http://www.sunbritecanada.ca/)

DAVE
03-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Is there any warranty with these units?
Is there a hanging kit?
Can you control them via Profilux or other controllers that have a 1-10v outlet?

Reef Supplies
03-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Is there any warranty with these units?
Is there a hanging kit?
Can you control them via Profilux or other controllers that have a 1-10v outlet?

Hello,

As with most electronic in the industry, there is a 1 year warranty.

Yes, a hanging kit is sold separately.

Sure, you can add them to a timer or control. The use of an I-device is to take full advantage of it's features.

thanks

DAVE
03-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Hello,

As with most electronic in the industry, there is a 1 year warranty.

Yes, a hanging kit is sold separately.

Sure, you can add them to a timer or control. The use of an I-device is to take full advantage of it's features.

thanks

Thank you,

But, You didn't really answer my third question.

Can you control them using the Profilux or other controllers that have a 1-10v outlet? (I'm not talking about Iphone or other mobile platforms) I am talking about aquarium controllers like the Profilux or apex.

Reef Supplies
03-21-2012, 11:34 AM
I would have to ask SB but I would think the only reason to put them behind such a controller would be to turn them on and off via time settings? You would need to use the I-device to cotrol the extra features.

Give me a few hours and I will let you know for sure.

thanks

DAVE
03-21-2012, 12:12 PM
I would have to ask SB but I would think the only reason to put them behind such a controller would be to turn them on and off via time settings? You would need to use the I-device to cotrol the extra features.

Give me a few hours and I will let you know for sure.

thanks

I would use the controller for the control of the lights. When I connect to my controller via the internet, I want to be able to dim/shut off the lights.

Looking forward to the response.

Thanks.

mess7777
03-21-2012, 12:16 PM
It works on iphone, will it work with itouch as well then? Seems probable.

Aquattro
03-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Not sure I see the point of using an I-device. Most people don't use iphones to run their tank. LEDs should be controllable via a typical aquarium controller such as profilux or apex. I control my Apex remotely via my phone, which is enough.

mess7777
03-21-2012, 01:46 PM
seems pretty cool to me for those of us that don't have a controller.

Not sure I see the point of using an I-device. Most people don't use iphones to run their tank. LEDs should be controllable via a typical aquarium controller such as profilux or apex. I control my Apex remotely via my phone, which is enough.

Aquattro
03-21-2012, 01:52 PM
seems pretty cool to me for those of us that don't have a controller.

But what are you going to do with it? Does the iphone program in lighting profiles? Or do you need to sit in front of your tank to initiate the "thundering" effects? What are "thundering" effects anyway?

To me, it sounds like this is a new manufacturer that built a light that doesn't do much other than thundering/lightning effects, apparently while you sit there with your iphone. What about matching it to sunrise profiles? Building in ramp up /ramp down sequences?
Maybe I'm just not getting it, but I don't see the point (yet).

Do they have advertised PAR profiles for the light? Does it come with a stock controller for those of us that don't have apple products? Lots of questions, not a lot of answers.

gobytron
03-21-2012, 02:25 PM
ey???

I'm midly offended at this mispelling.

I believe the correct Canadian spelling is Eh!

Reef Supplies
03-21-2012, 05:25 PM
ey???

I'm midly offended at this mispelling.

I believe the correct Canadian spelling is Eh!

or is it aye? :smile:

Reef Supplies
03-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Hi Aquattro,

You have full control via an iphone/ipad/idevices WiFi application, this includes six channel independent dimming, timers and storm. You program it and the fixture will run that way until you change the program. The idevice app is the only one available for now, but an Android and a web portal will be available in the near future.

For those who do not use I-devices, the lights come with built in six channel manual dimming knobs. So the light is controllable without the app but you can not access the storm mode.

Sunbrite is not a new company. They have been building reef leds since 2008-2009. The first ones out I believe were the SunBrite T10 bulbs with integrated leds. these http://www.sunbritelighting.com/tube.html

Yupp, they ran some par tests, they got Up to 200Par on the bottom of a 65Gal (36"x18x24") tank. Lets put aside all the storms, lighting..and all that jazz and talk about what really matters. Light and how much of it. These things are getting 200 par at the bottom with no optics! They come with Cree XPG 5W LEDS and 3W LEDS. For example, the 48” comes with 20 5W XPE, 44 3W XPE, 4 3W orsam red and 8 1W UV’s. That is a LOT of light for $1000.

I will report back with controller compatibility as soon as I get a reply.

thanks,
Ray

But what are you going to do with it? Does the iphone program in lighting profiles? Or do you need to sit in front of your tank to initiate the "thundering" effects? What are "thundering" effects anyway?

To me, it sounds like this is a new manufacturer that built a light that doesn't do much other than thundering/lightning effects, apparently while you sit there with your iphone. What about matching it to sunrise profiles? Building in ramp up /ramp down sequences?
Maybe I'm just not getting it, but I don't see the point (yet).

Do they have advertised PAR profiles for the light? Does it come with a stock controller for those of us that don't have apple products? Lots of questions, not a lot of answers.

Reef Supplies
03-21-2012, 05:30 PM
PS. Here are a couple of videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KLSLdfdepEc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ-LjK3Jqmc

Aquattro
03-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Hi Aquattro,

You have full control via an iphone/ipad/idevices WiFi application, this includes six channel independent dimming, timers and storm. You program it and the fixture will run that way until you change the program.

That adds some clarity!

Reef Supplies
03-21-2012, 05:39 PM
That adds some clarity!

Or if someone reaaaaally wants to show off the thunder effects and cant wait for android or web interface, just pick up a used iphone for $50 on craigs....just a thought :smile:

Ray

Aquattro
03-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Or if someone reaaaaally wants to show off the thunder effects and cant wait for android or web interface, just pick up a used iphone for $50 on craigs....just a thought :smile:

Ray

Still not clear on what thunder effects is :) Does it make loud booming noises?
Also, if you can find a PAR measurement that covers some spread, showing how it measures against the others here...

http://www.h2oplusomething.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=222:ecotech-radion-vs-aquaillumination-sol-vs-vertex-illumina&catid=40:equipment&Itemid=64

mess7777
03-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Man these really piqued my interest. Maybe it is time to try and sell my existing setup. What kind of shipping costs are we dealing with here. I am in Quebec City.

Reef Supplies
03-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Still not clear on what thunder effects is :) Does it make loud booming noises?
Also, if you can find a PAR measurement that covers some spread, showing how it measures against the others here...

http://www.h2oplusomething.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=222:ecotech-radion-vs-aquaillumination-sol-vs-vertex-illumina&catid=40:equipment&Itemid=64

It just flashes of light to mimic a storm, makes for good conversation. Check out the videos I posted.

We do not have those number yet. Once I get them in I will do some par testing myself. With that being said you need to remember that something like the 48" has over 70 leds, so the spread is thought the length of the fixture. You're getting 200 par directly below across 48"'s. The questing is, how much par for and aft.

Man these really piqued my interest. Maybe it is time to try and sell my existing setup. What kind of shipping costs are we dealing with here. I am in Quebec City.

Free shipping on pre-orders.

thanks

Foxface
03-21-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm on the fence now!!! Was going to get 2 AI'S for my 75g, but now I think i'll wait till these come out, and see what how everybody likes them!
Ray, do these come with legs?

Reef Supplies
03-21-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm on the fence now!!! Was going to get 2 AI'S for my 75g, but now I think i'll wait till these come out, and see what how everybody likes them!
Ray, do these come with legs?

Yes they do and hang kit sold sep.

thanks!

burgerchow
03-21-2012, 06:52 PM
It just flashes of light to mimic a storm, makes for good conversation. Check out the videos I posted.

We do not have those number yet. Once I get them in I will do some par testing myself. With that being said you need to remember that something like the 48" has over 70 leds, so the spread is thought the length of the fixture. You're getting 200 par directly below across 48"'s. The questing is, how much par for and aft.

Free shipping on pre-orders.

thanks

Free shipping to Vancouver as well? Do we also get 5% off as canreef members?

Reef Supplies
03-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Free shipping to Vancouver as well? Do we also get 5% off as canreef members?

I can't apply both, sorry.

Reef Supplies
03-21-2012, 07:18 PM
To recap the I-APP / On board knobs and 3rd party controllers such as apex...etc.

The lights do NOT support 3rd party controllers at this time BUT you don't need to...here's why.

You can control each one manually with the built in knobs. With the knobs you can only adjust the color intensity and use the preset timer. The preset timer will basically be a sunrise and sunset going through the 8hours cycle.

If you have multiple fixtures and use the I-app, one I-device will control them all because they are all seeing the same IP address on your WIFI connection.

With the APP

- There are one line settings for each color, you can adjust each color independently.

- You can set/program the storm setting anytime you like.

- Sunrise/Sundown Example: 9AM-11AM you want 50% of light, and 11AM-5PM you set at 100%. The light will slowly go from 50% to 100% gradually and not just a jump from 50% to 100% all over sudden.

Once you program it with Iphone, the program remains until you want to make changes, the app will run on your iphone/ipad/ipod time.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

thanks
Ray

Reef Supplies
03-27-2012, 11:51 AM
4 days left to place your order!

Reef Supplies
03-28-2012, 05:15 PM
NOTE: The last day for preorders is approaching, our order goes on on Monday April 2!

Why preorder?

1- You will save right around 15% in conjunction the AP coupon code. As of April intro pricing will be over.
2- You reserve your fixture. I can guarantee you that these will be sold out before they come in.
3- If for some reason you change your mind we will refund you 100% of your money.

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/canada/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/thumbs/SBF-Series801.jpg

Thanks
Ray

ray@reefsupplies.ca
1-888-975-REEF

nrosdal
03-28-2012, 05:50 PM
can you show pics of underside of light, and the knobs, ect...

Reef Supplies
03-28-2012, 05:58 PM
can you show pics of underside of light, and the knobs, ect...

I'll try to get some for you, in the mean time you can have a look at what SB USA has here (scroll past the specs) http://www.sunbritelighting.com/SBF-Series.html

thanks,
Ray

sphelps
03-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Is the wifi access password protected?

Reef Supplies
03-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Is the wifi access password protected?

Hi,

You have to manually put in the ip address and subnet mask, etc..

People can connect to sunbrite wifi but they can't do anything without the app or info inserted to the wifi network, so it's protected.

Here is an image of the app
http://www.reefsupplies.ca/canada/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/thumbs/cid_32CF5D2D-7658-4A02-A55.jpg

thanks

chris88
03-30-2012, 04:02 AM
I am very interested in a 48inch fixture but i have a few questions and worries.

-The mounting legs look a bit flimsy and not adjustable. can you tell me more about them?

- How come the led's do no use optics?

- The fixture is not very wide, will it have enough spread to cover a 18 inch or wider tank

Thanks!

Reef Supplies
03-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi, thanks for your interest.

I am very interested in a 48inch fixture but i have a few questions and worries.

-The mounting legs look a bit flimsy and not adjustable. can you tell me more about them?

They are actually not flimsy. They are build to fit specific sizes 24, 36, 48..ect tanks. I suggest the hanging kits, they look great hanging and it is much easier to service your tank since you can just lift them out of the way.

- How come the led's do no use optics?

Because 5w leds with optics would melt your corals...would be overkill and would add to your cost for nothing.

- The fixture is not very wide, will it have enough spread to cover a 18 inch or wider tank

They run at a tad over 120 degrees, so 18" is not an issue. SB has tested them with great results over a 24"

Thanks!

Reef Supplies
03-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Dealers welcome! http://www.sunbritecanada.ca/ (http://www.sunbritecanada.ca/)

2 more days to put in your order or at the very lease reserve your fixtures for the first shipment. Get them first!

thanks,

Ray

cordeiro
03-31-2012, 03:09 PM
How long until you would actually receive the lights?

Reef Supplies
03-31-2012, 05:11 PM
How long until you would actually receive the lights?

Hi

We were expecting mid April at first, but we sold 4x the amount we thought we would, so that delayed it a little. We expect delivery somewhere between end of April to beginning of May. I know that’s a big window but I cant promise anything before May.

thanks,

Ray

chris88
03-31-2012, 08:56 PM
last question. if there was a problem with one of the modules in a fixture could you purchase a replacement module, and would it be difficult to swap out? also, at what cost?

patman
03-31-2012, 09:15 PM
Pulled the trigger. Is it May yet?
Thanks Ray.

Reef Supplies
03-31-2012, 09:32 PM
last question. if there was a problem with one of the modules in a fixture could you purchase a replacement module, and would it be difficult to swap out? also, at what cost?

Very easy to swap out. I don't have the price for that yet but I could tell you that it will not be to pricey considering the price of the whole unit.

Sorry I could not give you more info.

Pulled the trigger. Is it May yet?
Thanks Ray.

Soon :-) thanks!

Reef Supplies
04-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone,

Our preorder deal has come to an end. We would like to thank everyone who participated, you have made a great long term investment that you will not regret! We will notify everyone as soon as we have news from SB USA.

For those interested in purchasing a fixture once they come in. You can either wait for us announce them on our site early May and send us an email.

best regards,

Ray

Reef Supplies
04-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Update:

- We are on schedule to receive our lights on the 1st week of May (they will ship out to you the day after).

- We received our CE and RoSH certifications early! We were afraid that there would a delay...as you know there are always delays with anything GOV related! I'm glad we got them early!

Please feel free to email or call us if you have any questions; http://www.reefsupplies.ca/canada/contact/

thanks!
Ray

The Codfather
04-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Im liking it.
Looking forward to having the fixtures over my tank.
How are you shipping them out Ray?

Reef Supplies
04-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Im liking it.
Looking forward to having the fixtures over my tank.
How are you shipping them out Ray?

Not sure yet, we have a ton going out on the same day so we are still looking at our shipping options.

thanks

Ray

H2o2
04-19-2012, 05:18 PM
I just hope safely

Reef Supplies
04-20-2012, 12:04 AM
I just hope safely

We insure all our shipments for 100% of the value, so we are all safe. :-)

H2o2
04-20-2012, 12:16 AM
So looking forward to mine to :)

chris88
04-20-2012, 01:54 AM
very jelouse. i had to back out on mine because i switched tanks and it didint suit the cube i got. its going to be awesome for you guys.

scubadawg
04-20-2012, 02:23 AM
That suck's, I get my lights before my tank and stand is made:(

Reef Supplies
04-24-2012, 03:14 PM
NEWS: SunBrite F-Series Android App is in testing mode, coming soon!

jtbadco
04-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Woohoo!!! Just ordered my 48" Sunbrite F series!!! Can't wait til they get here!!!

Good to hear about the Android app too!!! I have an Android tablet.

mikeclarke
04-26-2012, 04:40 PM
are these lights good enough to do SPS corals?

badAZZlars
04-26-2012, 06:42 PM

If the PAR readings are accurate getting 250 at 24" then yes they should be more than enough for SPS.

I hope they are because i've ordered a 60" fixture to try on my full SPS tank.

mikeclarke
04-26-2012, 08:17 PM
cool. thanks. I am planning on building a 6x2x2 tank so it should be good for me too.

Reef Supplies
04-26-2012, 10:45 PM

Most will be able to run the lights at 75-80% to grow SPS. I personaly grow SPS with T5's and I can tell you the the F-series will blow them out of the water....no pum intended.

One client in the US replaced his 2 x 250 MH fixture with a 72" SB and he's running it at 75%.

The 72" has 30 5W LED's!

thanks,

Ray

Reef Supplies
04-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Woohoo!!! Just ordered my 48" Sunbrite F series!!! Can't wait til they get here!!!

Good to hear about the Android app too!!! I have an Android tablet.

Thanks for your order!

rhody605
04-28-2012, 01:36 PM
How well would this fixture work on a 30" deep sps tank?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Reef Supplies
04-28-2012, 01:55 PM
How well would this fixture work on a 30" deep sps tank?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Very well, you would have no issues. Clients who received their lights in the US are running them at 50% to 75% on 24" SPS tanks with the lights mouted about 12" off the water.

thanks,
Ray

rhody605
04-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Any clue roughly what the regular retail price for the 72" fixture might be?

How might the availability be around June/July?

Thanks

Reef Supplies
04-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Any clue roughly what the regular retail price for the 72" fixture might be?

How might the availability be around June/July?

Thanks

Hi,

The 72" retails at $1540. Here are the prices http://www.reefsupplies.ca/canada/category/lighting/led/sunbrite-f-series/

We are getting our shipment next week.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

thanks,
Ray

Treebeard
04-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Someone over on AquariumPros said that these were manufactured in Canada? Is this true? If so you would think there would be more information and photos "leaked" on them.

Reef Supplies
04-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Someone over on AquariumPros said that these were manufactured in Canada? Is this true? If so you would think there would be more information and photos "leaked" on them.

Hi,

That is false. They are now distributed in Canada and the first units are on a plane on the way to my shop as we speak.

There are photos and reviews on the US boards. There are about 12 units delivered in the states already.

thanks

Reef Supplies
04-30-2012, 07:17 PM
The time has home folks!

ups..

Scheduled Delivery:Thursday, 05/03/2012, By End of Day. If all goes well we will ship them out to you on Friday.

The Codfather
04-30-2012, 07:37 PM
That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the update Ray, looking forward to lighting my whole tank instead of half.

Treebeard
04-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Thought so, but I thought it was odd that nobody corrected him.
I look forward to hearing the early adopters reviews before I pull the pin and buy one.

Hi,

That is false. They are now distributed in Canada and the first units are on a plane on the way to my shop as we speak.

There are photos and reviews on the US boards. There are about 12 units delivered in the states already.

thanks

scubadawg
05-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Found 1 review on RC

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2153456

jtbadco
05-01-2012, 06:32 PM
same review Sunbrite has posted on their website. Looks good to me!!!

Reef Supplies
05-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Here is the instruction manual..I thought some might want to get a head start :-)

http://www.sunbritelighting.com/SunBrite_F_Manual.pdf

Enjoy

Reef Supplies
05-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Android APP is ready, here you go...

http://www.sunbritelighting.com/Sunbrite.apk

RuGlu6
05-02-2012, 05:05 PM

Ray

Well this sounds like a good option, $50 is ok, because i don't use Idevices and don't like $900 controllers as well.

But after a quick Craigslist search the cheapest one i found was $100 not $50.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/ele/2946958266.html
People want $50 for an iphone case on CraigsList.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/search/sss?query=iphone+&srchType=T&minAsk=&maxAsk=

But buying a new LED light for $1000 and having to spend even more on something to control it is somewhat of a turn off.

Reef Supplies
05-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Well this sounds like a good option, $50 is ok, because i don't use Idevices and don't like $900 controllers as well.

But after a quick Craigslist search the cheapest one i found was $100 not $50.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/ele/2946958266.html
People want $50 for an iphone case on CraigsList.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/search/sss?query=iphone+&srchType=T&minAsk=&maxAsk=

But buying a new LED light for $1000 and having to spend even more on something to control it is somewhat of a turn off.

Hi,

No one said you HAVE to :-) The lights come with a built-in controller and you have the option to control them with I-app or Android.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

thanks,
Ray

RuGlu6
05-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Hi,

No one said you HAVE to :-) The lights come with a built-in controller and you have the option to control them with I-app or Android.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

thanks,
Ray

Thanks, my questions are:
1-will the built in controller automatically (slowly) ramp up/ dim down to & from my manual knob settings if i have this LED fixture on a regular On/Off wall timer? Or if on wall timer the light will always come on at 100% and turn off right away without dimming down?
2-How many power cords are there? can this be set on two timers, say one timer for blue and the other for the rest of the colors?

Because i don't know about others but how about people like me who do Not want I-app, Android or Apex etc. control? I just want simple wall timer. And this is for one simple reason reliability.
thanks a lot for taking your time to answer these questions.

Stones
05-02-2012, 06:08 PM
These light fixtures look really promising and I'm looking forward to more reviews being posted with some PAR measurments taken at various locations.

From the review that I've read, these lights seem to have an issue following a power outage. The reviewer posted that after setting his timers and intensities with his idevice, following a power outage the light would come on at 100% intensity and all of his timers were deleted. He tried this scenario multiple times with the same outcome after a power outage. Lost timers and the light coming back on at 100% intesnity on all color channels.

If you could please clarify on whether or not this issue can be resolved that would be great as for many of us who work away from home, this would be a deal breaker as 100% intensity would likely cause some serious havoc for our corals.

Reef Supplies
05-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks, my questions are:
1-will the built in controller automatically (slowly) ramp up/ dim down to & from my manual knob settings if i have this LED fixture on a regular On/Off wall timer? Or if on wall timer the light will always come on at 100% and turn off right away without dimming down?
2-How many power cords are there? can this be set on two timers, say one timer for blue and the other for the rest of the colors?

Because i don't know about others but how about people like me who do Not want I-app, Android or Apex etc. control? I just want simple wall timer. And this is for one simple reason reliability.
thanks a lot for taking your time to answer these questions.

The built in timer and built in controls let you control every light channel independently.

You do not need I-app, Android or Apex etc. to control it.

There are 2 cords out form the unit that go into the power supply.

thanks

These light fixtures look really promising and I'm looking forward to more reviews being posted with some PAR measurments taken at various locations.

From the review that I've read, these lights seem to have an issue following a power outage. The reviewer posted that after setting his timers and intensities with his idevice, following a power outage the light would come on at 100% intensity and all of his timers were deleted. He tried this scenario multiple times with the same outcome after a power outage. Lost timers and the light coming back on at 100% intesnity on all color channels.

If you could please clarify on whether or not this issue can be resolved that would be great as for many of us who work away from home, this would be a deal breaker as 100% intensity would likely cause some serious havoc for our corals.

Hi,

That thread has been updated and there is no issue with that. Once you set up the timer and power does out the lights come back to the last setting.

Thanks,
Ray

Stones
05-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Good to hear that issue has been resolved as it had me a bit worried. Looking forward to these lights being released in Canada and may have to jump on the LED bandwagon if results are positive as a 48" fixture is much more cost effective than 2 radions.

RuGlu6
05-03-2012, 07:13 AM
Thanks

badAZZlars
05-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Did the shipment arrive yesterday?

Reef Supplies
05-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Did the shipment arrive yesterday?

We are sorting everything out. Everyone will recive an email with tracking numbers as soon as they go out.

thanks,
Ray

Reef Supplies
05-04-2012, 09:25 PM
The time has finally come! We received our shipment of Sunbrite LED's and have begun shipping them out. Organizing that many units took a little longer to sort and process then expected, so we lost a couple of days. We do apologize for that!

We have begun email tracking numbers as of Friday afternoon. EVERYONE will receive their tracking numbers my Monday morning.

Here are some teaser pics......

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/boards/sunbrite-led/1.jpg

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/boards/sunbrite-led/2.jpg

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/boards/sunbrite-led/3.jpg

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/boards/sunbrite-led/4.jpg

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/boards/sunbrite-led/5.jpg

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/boards/sunbrite-led/6.jpg

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/boards/sunbrite-led/7.jpg

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/boards/sunbrite-led/8.jpg

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/boards/sunbrite-led/9.jpg

The Codfather
05-04-2012, 10:46 PM
This kids got his tracking numbers, thanks again Ray, looking forward to hanging them up.
Bob

Reef Supplies
05-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Update:
All retail sales received their tracking numbers. Please make sure you check your emails and contact us if you did not get it (make sure you check your spam folders please).

Iphone users: Search "Sunbrite" in the apple app store and download the free app.

Android users: Please download your app here http://www.sunbritelighting.com/Sunbrite.apk

Please note that your wireless devices will not work until they detect the lights.

Here is a link to the updated instruction manual: http://www.sunbritelighting.com/SunBrite_F_Manual.pdf

thanks!
Ray

jtbadco
05-06-2012, 07:45 PM
just curious how they are being shipped to us Ray? Can Post? just wondering when to expect?

OhBoyoboyoboyoboyoboy!!!

Reef Supplies
05-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Canada Post

If you already placed an order we sent you your tracking number.

thanks

Ray

just curious how they are being shipped to us Ray? Can Post? just wondering when to expect?

OhBoyoboyoboyoboyoboy!!!

Reef Supplies
05-08-2012, 07:07 PM
We would like to once again thank everyone who participated in our pre-order! Here is a list of what we have left over as of today, May 8....

4 x 24"
2 X 36"
9 X 48"
5 x 60"
2 x 72"

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/canada/category/brands/sunbrite-brands/

If you do not feel comfortable purchasing online, you can always call it in at 1-888-975-reef. For those who want to buy online, it is very important that you do NOT choose payment method 1 (Paypal), please choose payment method 2 (off line payment).

Please note that fixtures over 48" are subject to "over size" shipping charges. We will however ship for free if you do not use the coupon. In other words, you can not use the coupon code and also get free shipping

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

thanks,
Ray

bling_bling466
05-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Can to of these lights be controlled by one idevice. The tanks will be in separate parts of my house and if I us 2 on one tank do they sink.

Oscar
05-09-2012, 03:40 PM
We would like to once again thank everyone who participated in our pre-order! Here is a list of what we have left over as of today, May 8....

4 x 24"

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/canada/category/brands/sunbrite-brands/

Ray

My tank is 23" wide. I have had a look at the photos of the Sunbrite unit and the specs. If I read the specs correctly the legs on the 24" unit can be adjusted from 23" to 25", or 1" at each end. Am I interpreting that correctly? The legs do not fit into a trough like other canopy units, how are these adjusted?

Thanks

Reef Supplies
05-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Hi,

Give me a couple of hours and I will unbox one and get the exact numbers for you.

The legs slide in and are fastened with screws.

Ray

My tank is 23" wide. I have had a look at the photos of the Sunbrite unit and the specs. If I read the specs correctly the legs on the 24" unit can be adjusted from 23" to 25", or 1" at each end. Am I interpreting that correctly? The legs do not fit into a trough like other canopy units, how are these adjusted?

Thanks

Reef Supplies
05-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Yes, 1 device can control as many units as you wish. Each one is cont. individualy.

thanks

Can to of these lights be controlled by one idevice. The tanks will be in separate parts of my house and if I us 2 on one tank do they sink.

Reef Supplies
05-09-2012, 11:25 PM
IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are some minor issues with the power supplies. We had some clients contact us concerned about some scratches at the base and side of the power supply.

We opened up a few power supplies and I defiantly see what some are seeing. We contacted SB and they contacted the manufacture, they confirmed that the bases of some of the power supplies may have been scratched and touched up. This happened during assembly...why more care was not taken is beyond me and believe me, we are peeeed about this as well. Some are 100% fine while others are not.

There are some that may have also have some "shipping" scratches from the fixture legs rubbing up against the power supplies. The fixture legs / brackets are boxed with the power supply and cables.

With that being said, I understand that this might be frustrating for some while not for others. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sugar coat anything BUT scratches on the base of a unit that sits in a cabinet is not as bad as it may sound. If the scratches bother you we will be glad to do what ever we can to make you a happy customer. The questions is, is it worth returning for a replacement unit and wait another week without a light? You're the client ( s ) the choice is all yours. Please feel free to call us or send us an email with your concerns and requests.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

thanks,
Ray

Oscar
05-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi,

Give me a couple of hours and I will unbox one and get the exact numbers for you.

The legs slide in and are fastened with screws.

Ray

Ray:

Did you get a chance to check on the adjustability of the legs?

Reef Supplies
05-10-2012, 03:02 PM
wooops! Doing that now...gimme 10 mins.

Ray

Ray:

Reef Supplies
05-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Ray:

I just measured and you can go from 22" to a tad over 26"

Let me know if that works.

thanks

jtbadco
05-13-2012, 01:21 AM
I have downloaded the Android app but when I start the program all I get is a black screen?!?

How do I get it to detect the lights?

All I get is an error message...

Sorry!
Activity Sunbrite (in application Sunbrite) is not responding.

Force close or Wait

Please assist.
Thanx

Reef Supplies
05-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Hi

Please open the iPhone manual In this thread above and shoot me an email, infoATreefsupplies.ca. I'll try to walk you throught it.

Thanks

jtbadco
05-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Anyone on here using the Android app controls?

Reef Supplies
05-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Anyone on here using the Android app controls?

Did i send you the new Android app?

APPLE UPDATE:

The new APP is ready for you to DL on APP-Store.

Thanks,
Ray

rzadun
05-17-2012, 04:35 PM
I received my new sunbrite with hanging kit. There are no instructions on how to attach it to the lite. Is there a site ti go to for instructions?

Reef Supplies
05-17-2012, 05:24 PM
I received my new sunbrite with hanging kit. There are no instructions on how to attach it to the lite. Is there a site ti go to for instructions?

Here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEWk8QEc7KU

Treebeard
05-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEWk8QEc7KU

I do not see a quick or easy way of raising and lowering the fixture if you want to work in your tank and have the lights out of the way, other than removing the ears from the fixture, setting it aside and working in a dark tank.

patman
05-17-2012, 06:51 PM
I do not see a quick or easy way of raising and lowering the fixture if you want to work in your tank and have the lights out of the way, other than removing the ears from the fixture, setting it aside and working in a dark tank.

I don't know if you would get that with any of the fixtures. I've seen videos of people that attach their railing system to a pulley that would raise and lower it. I have mine about 10" off the water and it is much narrower than my coralife MH lights and no heat. Much easier to reach in now to work and I leave everything on and I don't have to move them.

Stones
05-18-2012, 07:20 AM
Just wondering if anyone has gotten away with using a single fixture over a 30" wide tank while still getting decent coverage? I seen a guy with a wider tank on RC ordered 2 fixtures to run side by side but he had yet to put any livestock in the tank and I was thinking it might be overkill.

Reef Supplies
05-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Just wondering if anyone has gotten away with using a single fixture over a 30" wide tank while still getting decent coverage? I seen a guy with a wider tank on RC ordered 2 fixtures to run side by side but he had yet to put any livestock in the tank and I was thinking it might be overkill.

30" is pushing the limits but still very doable.

thanks,
Ray

Reef Supplies
05-21-2012, 11:51 PM
New Apple APP update as of May 21, 2012. You MUST download the update, your existing APP will NOT prompt you to update. Simply search "Sunbrite" in APP store and update the APP. This update has solved the "save settings" issue.

thanks,
Ray

Reef Supplies
05-24-2012, 07:03 PM
This just in......

APP how-to video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkoicbWnuGo

YES, I know I have an accent :lol:

jtbadco
05-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Is there a video for the Android app?

Reef Supplies
05-24-2012, 07:09 PM

Very soon.

Thanks

Reef Supplies
05-26-2012, 09:15 PM

Sunbrite has released the Android manual http://sunbritelighting.com/SunBrite_A_Manual.pdf and here the the full manual incase you missed it http://www.sunbritelighting.com/SunBrite_F_Manual.pdf

thanks

Reef Supplies
06-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi everyone,

We will be receiving our shipment of Sunbrite F-series LED fixtures in about 2 week. As with the first and second batch, these will sell out FAST. If you want yours, please be sure to send us an email and we will add you to the waiting list. http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/help.php?section=contactus (http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/help.php?section=contactus)

We are receiving:

60" - These will be on sale!
48" - regular price
36" - regular price
24" - These will be on sale

No 72", sorry.

thanks,
Ray

mikeclarke
06-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Have people been happy with these lights so far? I have a 72x18x18 tank that will need a light once I get some rock and water into it. I've been told that until I get the stand skirted, no water is going into the tank. ;)

badAZZlars
06-06-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm happy with mine. Once they got the software working mine has performed great. It would be perfect for an 18" wide tank.

Reef Supplies
06-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Have people been happy with these lights so far? I have a 72x18x18 tank that will need a light once I get some rock and water into it. I've been told that until I get the stand skirted, no water is going into the tank. ;)

I'm happy with mine. Once they got the software working mine has performed great. It would be perfect for an 18" wide tank.

Yupp, 1 would be perfect for that set-up. problem is the 72's are not coming in this shipment. :-(

mikeclarke
06-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the review. Now all I need to do is convince the boss that this is exactly what we need.

Please PM me when you do get 72s in stock again.

Reef Supplies
06-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the review. Now all I need to do is convince the boss that this is exactly what we need.

Please PM me when you do get 72s in stock again.

Hi,

Plz email me to be added to waiting list, infoATreefsupplies.ca (replace AT with @)

thanks