PDA

View Full Version : 90 Gallon

TheZoalander
03-20-2012, 02:36 AM
Need to finally introduce myself, as I've been lurking for the longest time. Started with a nano reef, 9 gallon(skimmerless, using only an in-tank filter with bag of Rowa phos and sponge, and a powerhead). Noticed a 75 gallon at J&L and thought that would be a perfect size, mentioned it to a friend and he suggested that if liked the 75 I would like the 90 better as it's taller yet has the same footprint. ( in hindsight I would have gone for the 120 gallon with internal overflows, which would give me more space underneath, as well as take up the same amout of floorspace as the 90 with the piping in behind the bulkhead.)

I decided to do a mainly SPS tank, with some zoanthids and maybe at some point a ricordia garden. Tank was started last summer with fully cured LR. Took my time with adding fish and coral.

Hardware:
90 gallon All Glass
ASM G2 Skimmer
2 x 400 Watt Metal Halides
Tunze Osmolater
DA Reef Keeper
Phosban Reactor

Future Hardware:
Doser- 3 part
2 x MP40

Livestock:
Bangia Cardinal
Purple Firefish
Tomini Tang
Yellow Tang
Melanrus Wrasse
Bluntnose Wrasse
Midas Blenny
5 Chromis

I've added a couple photos, taken a couple months ago with a point and shoot, hopefully pics work. Thanks for looking9172

TheZoalander
03-20-2012, 02:59 AM
Sump, a bit messy with the wiring, but you get the point, kept it simple

fishytime
03-20-2012, 04:13 AM
well, welcome from the shadows:mrgreen:.....tank looks sweet.....love that green cap....glad you did decide to share:biggrin: