PDA

View Full Version : Nicely colored SPS minicolonies and frags - Abbotsford

Denis
03-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Hello all,

I have few of my usual frags for sale here.
- Purple cross
- Yellow tort
- Purple Bonsai
- MI tri-color
- Pink Stylo
- Red Planet
- Blue Turaki
- Green Anthocertis
and others

As usual all are $20, except the Red planet at $40.
I uploaded new pictures in my Photobucket gallery (http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k236/Krakonosh/Frags/).

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k236/Krakonosh/Frags/IMG_1640.jpg

On this picture:
- first row - pink Stylo
- second row - Anthocertis
- third row - Red Planet
- fourth row - green Mille
- fifth row - MI tri-color
- sixth row - yellow Tort

Cheers.

Borderjumper
03-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Hi Denis,
I lost mine I has gotten from you when my tank broke, would you harbour air me again?

Reefie
03-17-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm drooling.............

Finisher604
03-17-2012, 08:50 PM
I'd like one of those pink guys up front cost $

jjntm
03-17-2012, 09:02 PM
As usual all are $20, except the Red planet at $40.

Prices are listed in his original post... I can say Denis' system is amazing and all his corals are beautifully colored... just expect a brown out for a bit when putting in your own tank, as his parameters are immaculate and I believe he runs zeo... See you tomorrow Denis

Finisher604
03-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Pink stylo is what I'd like pick up when ?

jjntm
03-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Pink stylo is what I'd like pick up when ?

If you PM Denis I'm sure he would set something up... Just make sure it is after I get what I want...lol

jjntm
03-17-2012, 09:09 PM
pink stylo is very nice! I picked one up off denis a few months back and it purpled out for about a month and is back to pink again... it is a VERY nice coral! as are all of denis corals!

Bblinks
03-17-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm drooling.............

Ken wanna head out to Dennis's this weekend ?

Reefie
03-17-2012, 10:43 PM

Unfortunately, I'm working for the next 3 weekends in a row. If you're going to go, I'm going to get about 10 or 11 pieces from Denis, wanna grab it for me???

tang daddy
03-17-2012, 11:22 PM

Thanks for asking me friend.....:lol:

Denis
03-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'm sure I can accommodate everybody, if I run out of something I will give a fresh frag from my display tank.
I don't run ZEO, never had. All I got is basic stuff, IO salt and supplement only Alk and Mg.
Cheers.

Reef-Geek
03-18-2012, 12:02 AM
I'd like a pick stylo, any one from vancouver area can pick up one for me please?

Ripwoop
03-18-2012, 03:49 AM
Free bump for awesome stuff!! Huge and top notch quality. Proud owner of some red planet and MI tri-color. Thanks Denis always a pleasure. :)

Rob

jjntm
03-18-2012, 05:08 AM
Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'm sure I can accommodate everybody, if I run out of something I will give a fresh frag from my display tank.
I don't run ZEO, never had. All I got is basic stuff, IO salt and supplement only Alk and Mg.
Cheers.

Oops my bad, for some reason I swore I read that in your tank of the month thread... To everyone else the colors truly are that much more amazing in person!

Millepora_Maniac
03-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Bump for a great guy, with amazing frags... Guys these are not small, majority of Denis' frags are colonies. I have a few already, all are looking great and nothing browned out on me. Thought I'd let all of you know. See you later on Denis, coming by with rob and Justin today!! Can't wait!:biggrin:

Denis
03-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Bump for a great guy, with amazing frags... Guys these are not small, majority of Denis' frags are colonies. I have a few already, all are looking great and nothing browned out on me. Thought I'd let all of you know. See you later on Denis, coming by with rob and Justin today!! Can't wait!:biggrin:
Thanks, see you guys later. SMS me before you hit the road.
Cheers.

Finisher604
03-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Making my way to Abby to get some wicked frags.

ongquang21
03-19-2012, 04:20 AM
3 things to say:
Bring home big beautiful colonies for frag price.
Free viewing masterpiece tank (it is the first tank like this i see in person.)
Learning the most creatively DIY set up. Down to earth sys but very fancy sps colonies.

Finisher604
03-19-2012, 04:51 AM
Thanks for the beautiful colony it looks teal green with hints of blue in my tank. Greatly appreciated. Beautiful show tank amazing to see in person.

Reefie
03-21-2012, 12:07 AM
I'm very disappointed and now a little frustrated with the frags I got..........

They were "supposed" to be FRAGS, and unfortunately I got COLONIES!!!

I had to pick up a 2nd Frag Rack, thinking it would be enough to hold all the frags. Got the Styrofoam box home, started unpacking (which was very well packed), then that's when I noticed the sizes of these buggers! At that point I didn't think my 2 frag racks would be enough.

If they were just "regular" frags it wouldn't be a problem, but I'm talking HUGE pieces here. The Purple Cross is about 6" and the Tri-Colour is about 4" all around. I was forced to spend the night moving things around and mounting the majority of the beautiful pieces.

I wasn't fortunate enough to go myself to pick up the pieces, but I have a great friend that did the pickup for me. Even though I didn't go, I think I still managed to grab a piece of EVERYTHING. Haha!

Be forewarned, if you're not looking for COLONY sized pieces for FRAG prices, don't go to Denis.

Thanks again for all the goodies Denis!!!

jjntm
03-21-2012, 12:13 AM
lol.... reefie, was tough for me to decide if you were being serious at first... because it sounded like u were sincerely frustrated... I honestly feel bad for you that you were not able to go out and see denis' system... I have gone out there 3x now... and almost have the entire "Denis collection" lol... I left one last piece just so I could go back and look at it again some time ;0) It truly is the nicest system I have EVER seen in person!

Denis
03-21-2012, 02:09 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to everybody that came over and also those that didn't make it in person.
I uploaded new pictures in my photobucket gallery (http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k236/Krakonosh/Reef/).
Enjoy.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k236/Krakonosh/Reef/DSC_1336.jpg

Ginu
03-21-2012, 02:48 AM
I would love to get some frags off you but I'm far, far away on the north shore.
Can you let me know next frag time and I'll jump in.

Thanks reffie(ken) for the frag I got from you this weekend.

Cheers,

Denis
03-21-2012, 03:22 AM
Hi Ginu,

Anytime you feel like going for ride, let me know. I keep my frag tank stocked pretty much the whole year, it's this time of the year I actually have time to deal with it. That also explains the size of these frags, most of those were year old.
Just shoot me a PM when you have time.
Cheers.
I would love to get some frags off you but I'm far, far away on the north shore.
Can you let me know next frag time and I'll jump in.

Thanks reffie(ken) for the frag I got from you this weekend.

Cheers,

Casey8
03-21-2012, 03:42 AM
I was drooling at home looking at the picture of your tank when knowing that somebody got so many nice big frags from you and I got nothing :sad: Why you live too far from me, Denis ? I would love to get the yellow tort frag from you, but I think I have to spend more than $50 gas for that frag :Cry:

Ginu
03-21-2012, 06:18 AM
Hi Ginu,

Anytime you feel like going for ride, let me know. I keep my frag tank stocked pretty much the whole year, it's this time of the year I actually have time to deal with it. That also explains the size of these frags, most of those were year old.
Just shoot me a PM when you have time.
Cheers.

I will defenetely come to Abby from north van in two weeks and will pm ahead of time. Outstanding reef by the way best ive seen... It even beats my reef dive in puerto Vallarta haha. Can't wait come out there.

Thanks again,

Chris

Bblinks
03-21-2012, 08:22 AM
I was drooling at home looking at the picture of your tank when knowing that somebody got so many nice big frags from you and I got nothing :sad: Why you live too far from me, Denis ? I would love to get the yellow tort frag from you, but I think I have to spend more than $50 gas for that frag :Cry:

This is the only reason Dennis can keep these frags in the grow out tank for that long. Just imagine if he was in town... I think his tank will be have a lot smaller colonies.:twised:

Bblinks
03-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Thanks Dennis, always a pleasure! Let me know when you are ready to frag me some of your special ones and I'll be ready!:biggrin:

Reefie
03-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks Dennis, always a pleasure! Let me know when you are ready to frag me some of your special ones and I'll be ready!:biggrin:

What "special" ones??? Rich, I told you to grab me one of EVERYTHING! You're supposed to distract Denis and when he's not looking grab his "private" collection!!! Haha!

Hey I'd be in for some "special" ones too. 😉

TaioneReefer
03-21-2012, 09:53 AM
all i see in that picture is dollar signs for every tip sticking out. haha

Casey8
03-21-2012, 05:32 PM
This is the only reason Dennis can keep these frags in the grow out tank for that long. Just imagine if he was in town... I think his tank will be have a lot smaller colonies.:twised:

I usually paid $10 to $15 per frag for a tiny 1 inch frag in town here, forget about small colony size :twised: You're right, if he was in town, there is no chance to get a big frag from him. I need to find someone and share a carpool next time.

Ginu
03-21-2012, 05:56 PM
I usually paid $10 to $15 per frag for a tiny 1 inch frag in town here, forget about small colony size :twised: You're right, if he was in town, there is no chance to get a big frag from him. I need to find someone and share a carpool next time.

I'll be driving out there on the 31st from North Vancouver unless the wife makes plans for me...

Casey8
03-21-2012, 06:07 PM
I'll be driving out there on the 31st from North Vancouver unless the wife makes plans for me...

Thanks for your offer, Ginu. Unfortunately I have no car on weekends because my husband take it to work with him.

P.S. : How is your HA doing in your tank now ? Remember, the last time when I gave them out you couldn't take it ? But I have a purple and a green digi for you whenever you think your tank is ready to have them. Just send me a PM to let me know :smile:

Ginu
03-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks for your offer, Ginu. Unfortunately I have no car on weekends because my husband take it to work with him.

P.S. : How is your HA doing in your tank now ? Remember, the last time when I gave them out you couldn't take it ? But I have a purple and a green digi for you whenever you think your tank is ready to have them. Just send me a PM to let me know :smile:

Well I will be driving so if you would like to tag along, I really don't mind. Having some company is better than no company.
My HA is slowly receding... Yay... It's an ongoing process but I really don't mind to be honest. Only bad things happen fast in this hobby so it's alright.

My nitrates at 160+ ppm was caused by two... API nitrate test kits when in fact it was at around 20ppm. I installed a TLF gfo reactor which I got from JL and I'm very happy with it. My phosphates are below .1 and nitrates still a bit high 10-15 due to all the algae dieing. I'm expecting things to stabilize once all the HA is gone. I gotta say it's a very annoying pest problem and thanks for asking.

Casey8
03-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Glad to hear your HA is slowly receding. Hey, your tank sounds much better than the last time though.
Thanks again Ginu, I maybe able to find some of my local buddies here to go to his place next time.

Ginu
03-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Sounds good. I'll hit ya up for those frags and perhaps I can swing by on my way out there :) as I am not adding anything to do the tank for the next week or so.

Thanks again,

pollywog
03-23-2012, 02:14 AM
Im in Chilliwack - got anything left? I can drive out tonight, and will take the red planet if still available.

Denis
03-23-2012, 04:23 AM
Im in Chilliwack - got anything left? I can drive out tonight, and will take the red planet if still available.
Got few left, PM me tomorrow, I'll be around.
Cheers.

pollywog
03-23-2012, 04:51 AM
Got few left, PM me tomorrow, I'll be around.
Cheers.

Sounds good, Denis. PM me your availability for tomorrow, as I am available all day, and will come by when its convenient for you.

Best regards - Paul

*Posted this publicly to bump your thread, as I haven't seen a private collection like this in years.

targa81
03-23-2012, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the great big " frags " today Denis, they're doing nicely in my tank. Your reef is sure looking great these days, even better than the last time I saw it!

Rice Reef
03-25-2012, 12:06 AM
PM'd

Thanks

Wayne

htfn
03-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the mini colony size frags. I really enjoyed to see you and your tank. Hopefully I'll purchase more frags in the future.
Thanks again
Hiro

Denis
03-25-2012, 03:53 AM
You're welcome.

Sent from my LG-P935

lngrhaul
03-26-2012, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the frags Denis, your reef is amazing - those pictures don't do it justice at all. My husband was very impressed as well. Everything is settling in nicely - i'm hoping they do as well as the purple cross i got from you last time.

thanks again.

Rice Reef
06-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the frags Denis, your reef is amazing - those pictures don't do it justice at all. My husband was very impressed as well. Everything is settling in nicely - i'm hoping they do as well as the purple cross i got from you last time.

thanks again.

+1. Denis, thank you for the great frags and sharing your gorgeous display and set up. Just stunning! I received quality mini colony size corals at frag prices...

Claudia
06-03-2012, 05:08 PM
This pics are beautiful, i think i would drive all the way there just to look at your tank :)

Finisher604
06-04-2012, 04:25 AM
The blue Turaki colony I got from you is thriving in my tank. How is the hydnaphroia frag I gave u doing ?

Denis
06-04-2012, 11:48 PM
The blue Turaki colony I got from you is thriving in my tank. How is the hydnaphroia frag I gave u doing ?
I'm glad the Turaki is doing good, the hydno I got is growing, still waiting if it colors up.
Cheers.

Denis
06-04-2012, 11:54 PM
+1. Denis, thank you for the great frags and sharing your gorgeous display and set up. Just stunning! I received quality mini colony size corals at frag prices...
You're welcome Wayne, thanks for the kind words.