PDA

View Full Version : Colonial hydroids

Proteus
03-17-2012, 04:35 PM
I have a rock that I been watching them grow. It's not a rock I wish to loose so I am attempting to boil.

Any other suggestions other than or after boiling

Myka
03-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Just use boiling water in a syringe (not in a turkey baster, it will blast out unexpected) and do it in the tank. Get the biggest syringe you can find, 60+cc, and hold the syringe right in the hydroids and slowly squeeze the boiling water out. You may need a few treatments, but it sure beats boiling the whole rock. Or, just dip the affected portion in a pot of boiling water if that's possible. Boiling the whole rock will cause the rock to re-cycle and you won't be able to put it back in the tank for several weeks.

Proteus
03-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks but I had to boil the rock as it was a large colony. Now that the rock is dead. What's the best way to bring it back to condition to put in tank

Myka
03-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Oh you already boiled it...

...I would suggest you cook it. Check out the link in my signature for cooking.

Proteus
03-17-2012, 05:02 PM
For some reason I can't open your links. But I googled it and it would be easier for me to pull a piece out of sump as replacement

Thank you though. I may not have been smart enough and put Rock back in

Myka
03-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Click on the "Written by Myka" part.

Proteus
03-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Ahh. I will do this process as its simple just long. And only a small rock. Thank you for the info. I am interested to learn this process