PDA

View Full Version : What is it?

Dean29G
03-08-2004, 12:31 AM
I just tested my tank and noticed a fresh crops of legs ( best description I can come up with ) coming out of the sand bed at the bottom of my tank.
They are about the diameter of thin fishing line, dark yellow with black bands, They range from one to 6 or 8 per bunch. I also have legs coming out of one of my live rocks, they are white with black bands. I have been told these are probably a brittle star and it will never come out. I am wondering if these could be along the same lines of critter. I have not seen these before. The tank is about 2 years old and I have not added anything to it in about 2 months except for some snails. Any Ideas? :question:

Bob I
03-08-2004, 12:43 AM
Welcome to the board. The first one sounds like Spaghetti worms, and the second like mini Brittlestars. Both are good. :mrgreen:

Dean29G
03-08-2004, 12:52 AM
Thanks, they just popped up out of nowhere.

I have been checking out the site for about a month now and have learned alot.
Already hooked on DIY forum and have built a set of LED moonlights for my hood. Took a whole 1 hour and $8, had the power supply from an old cell phone kicking around. LED's from LSdiodes.com $0.45 each. Cheap.
Just cut up all the acrylic for a Remora skimmer likeness and will glue it together this week. Hope it is a huge jump up from my Skilter. :multi: HaHa!! POS.

Dean29G
03-08-2004, 02:27 AM
Now that I know what they are called, I found a site with some info for anyone else reading this. This is definately what they are, Thanks Bob. :razz:

http://www.susanscott.net/OceanWatch1998/jan19-98.html