PDA

View Full Version : wasted space

troni
03-15-2012, 11:04 PM
so my stand i made out of 2x4's is 33" x 25 1/2". my tank is 24 by 15. sooooo alot of wasted space. my stand is that big for 2 reasons: my sump is bigger then my dt; and i screwed up on mesurements making sure inside was big enough for sump.
soooo anyway what would be some creative eye pleaseing ways to use this wasted space?
also how should i finish the top so when i remove my hand from the tank the stand doesnt get wet and ruined?
also why is rigid foam used aunder tanks? and how would i use it when my tank is raised in middle about 1/2?

Cubeman
03-15-2012, 11:13 PM
2 options I can think of:

1) Enclose the entire aquarium (e.g. a stand with only a front viewing pane). That way you can store equipment in the "wasted space".

2) Hang a refugium on the side

And if you have a plastic frame that is raising your aquarium off the bottom glass you don't need the foam.

t-rex
03-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Get a bigger tank :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

monocus
03-16-2012, 01:36 AM
put a trim of tile around the tank so that there is a ledge around it,but if it was me i would also buy a bigger tank

troni
03-16-2012, 03:58 AM
2 options I can think of:

1) Enclose the entire aquarium (e.g. a stand with only a front viewing pane). That way you can store equipment in the "wasted space".

2) Hang a refugium on the side

And if you have a plastic frame that is raising your aquarium off the bottom glass you don't need the foam.

IMO i dont like single angle viewing, and ill have fuge in sump.

put a trim of tile around the tank so that there is a ledge around it,but if it was me i would also buy a bigger tank

Get a bigger tank :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

i like trim but my first impressions is $$, im going to look into it. maybe nab some wasted stuff from the flooring guys at work. maybe laminate even. bigger tank means more $$ on equipment and im doing that when i buy a place.

thanks for ideas