PDA

View Full Version : Coralife UV sterilizer bulb issue

Midway
03-15-2012, 03:40 AM
I'm looking for some input on this Coralife super twister UV sterilizer. I got an ick issue in my tank and i want to hook this up to help with the ick infection. I've had it for a long time and i think the bulb is not good anymore. I got It from someone here but i'm having problems trying to take it off from the case. Does anybody have some experience in changing these bulbs on these UVs?? I'm afraid if I pull it to hard i will break it.

Thanks cor your help.

Midway
03-15-2012, 04:04 AM
Never mind guys, i figured it out...lol

Its just i'm so stressed because of this ick outbreak in my tank. Well it was own fu&&@&$ fault. I got a couple of fishes from the store and did not quarantine. I knew better because that happened to me a couple of years ago. Forgot all about it and this is what happened for being a dumb fing idiot. I had a desease free tank, the wife is NOT impressed at all!!!

Coralgurl
03-15-2012, 04:08 AM
Following along to see how the uv works for you. Hope everything works out for you!

Midway
03-15-2012, 04:32 AM
Yeah i've read of people having really good experiences with UV sterilizers. I was running a UV sterilizer some time ago but I discontinued it because everything was looking good in my 90 gals back then and I read that those UVs kill the bad stuff but kills the good stuff as well. Well now I need it to kill the bad stuff hopefully. Fingers crossed!!

Doc_Polit
03-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Please keep us posted.

I have a UV that I am contemplating using as well and would like to know how your experience works out.

Best of luck!

Midway
03-16-2012, 04:26 AM
You bet i will.