PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some zoas in Abby/ Mission

sask
03-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Hi all. I am trying to rebuild after a massive, tank wiping crash. I am looking for some cheap or free zoas or chalice or acropora or mushrooms. I don't need kenya tree. Anything would be appreciated really. Preferably stuff in Abbotsford or Mission. Would travel a little farther if someone were to be very generousbiggrin: I am on vaca for the rest of the week and can pick up anytime.
PM me if you have some stuff you are willing to part with. Thanks, Mike.

Finisher604
03-15-2012, 04:43 AM
How did the tank crash

Casey8
03-15-2012, 04:53 AM
I have a very tiny 2 little baby blue mushroom, it is about 1/6 inch each growing on a hermit crab shell if you want it :mrgreen: It is FREE !

sask
03-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Way back in March last year I went on vacay. When I got home something in the tank was not rigt, things looked...off. I tested all the levels and all seemed fine. It continued in a slow decline. I had changed my complete ro/di system and my return pump 3 weeks before leaving on vacay, so thats where I started looking for problems. Got a TDS meter for the water and it was good. opened up the pump and it also seemed fine. The tank however, just continued with its slow, steady death. After 5 months my return pump was not putting out the gph it should have been so I completely ripped it apart. In the very middle by the impeller (this was a pond pump not a "safe for fresh or salt water". Getting the connection?) there was a goopy rusty ring and a mesh screen that was deteriorating. This is the only thing that I could attribute the crash to. I changer the return pump in late August, but by this time everything but the fish was gone, bio system wiped out, everything in the sand bed, dead, all the pods, mysis, bugs, etc, history. Rock, nealry all coraline gone grey and blah. Finally, things started to turn around. It still took till December before snails would live. Now, things are finally looking good, well, better anyway. Coraline starting to re-encrust, snails living. I am going to get some pods next week to inhabit the rock. I am just trying to stock the tank with some small corals to bring it back to live. So, thats the story. So, I think my lesson was, make sure the pump says safe for salt!! Also, although I hate to say no to mushrooms, Richmond is to far to go from Abbotsford. Thanks anyway though.

Finisher604
03-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Ouch that sucks I live in Whiterock I can grab the mushrooms for you from Richmond u can pick them out up here

Casey8
03-15-2012, 04:52 PM
OMG just a small rusty thing in your tank that could completely wipe out your tank like that. Very sorry for you, sask. But you were strong enough to stay in this hobby, some people would have shut their tank down already.

sask
03-15-2012, 06:37 PM
I'll tell you, it did cross my mind a few times and I mentioned it to my wife. She told me not to (worried about what I would do with my time, probably pester her too much:) lol But I am glad I stuck it out.

JTang
03-15-2012, 10:10 PM
wow thats scary! I just replaced 2 rusty 'ss' hose clamps on my skimmer pump. 1 was so bad that it was cracked into 2 pcs. Not too 'ss'!.

Maybe thats why my corals arent growing much!?