PDA

View Full Version : Tank Leak

Josh7831
03-13-2012, 05:05 AM
Hey Guys & Gals

So i put my first fish in my 10g nano today!! and within hours my tank sprung a leak :sad::sad::sad:. I ran to my LFS to re purchase a tank but they only had 20g tanks in stock. I now need to add 10 lbs of rock to the tank and i am wondering if i can go with dry fiji rock or does it have to be cured live rock?

Also my clown fish is now hiding in the corner of my tank, is this bad? he has gone through alot of stress today being moved to my first tank, and then being put into a new tank at the same time as the sand bed & rock, it was a very cloudy tank.

Thanks for the input

Josh

reefwars
03-13-2012, 05:11 AM
Hey Guys & Gals

So i put my first fish in my 10g nano today!! and within hours my tank sprung a leak :sad::sad::sad:. I ran to my LFS to re purchase a tank but they only had 20g tanks in stock. I now need to add 10 lbs of rock to the tank and i am wondering if i can go with dry fiji rock or does it have to be cured live rock?

Also my clown fish is now hiding in the corner of my tank, is this bad? he has gone through alot of stress today being moved to my first tank, and then being put into a new tank at the same time as the sand bed & rock, it was a very cloudy tank.

Thanks for the input

Josh

doesnt need to be cured liverock either will work but for the sake of $20-30 for liverock compared to $10 or $20 for dry rock...at 10lbs i would go live:P

did you cycle your tank before geting the clown??

he could be hiding for a number of reasons.

Josh7831
03-13-2012, 05:14 AM
Yeah the tank was cycled first and i had my water checked by the lfs. just as i made that post the fish started wandering out of the corner, might just need some time.

reefwars
03-13-2012, 05:17 AM
it could take some time to come out of hiding .... food is the way to a fish's heart:):)

fishytime
03-13-2012, 05:21 AM
right now I wouldnt add anything......the tank will likely experience a "mini-cycle" from the transfer...adding fresh live rock to it now will just make things worse.....let the tank settle down for a couple weeks....then if you feel you want more rock you can add 2-5lbs at a time, letting things settle down in between...... or if you choose the dead rock route you can pretty much add that at anytime.....

Josh7831
03-13-2012, 05:27 AM
I was going to put in more inverts this weekend because i only have 3 hermit crabs at the moment, should i hold of on that? just a few snails and i guess a few more hermits due to the larger tank now.

subman
03-13-2012, 05:45 AM
I would just leave it as is right now. Let it settle for a week or so at least.

Leave the snails till the algae starts growing.

gregzz4
03-13-2012, 02:42 PM
+1 on letting it settle in for awhile. In the meantime, you could put some live rock in a rubbermaid with a powerhead and heater. Get the curing started and add it later. Should help save another cycle when you add the extra rock.
Have you read this?
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44859