PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Amphipods & Copepods?

shaginwagon13
03-13-2012, 02:33 AM
Anyplace to buy online to buy live Amphipods & Copepods that ship???

I need to get a nice colony started for my copperband butterfly.

reefgirl189
03-13-2012, 02:46 AM

I had the same thought last week but apparently the CBBs can't see the little copepods. You're better off starting a feather duster worm colony (the small white kind). My CBB must have ate 1000's of the feather duster worms I had. I have no more now and I've only had the CBB for a week.

shaginwagon13
03-13-2012, 02:53 AM
I had the same thought last week but apparently the CBBs can't see the little copepods. You're better off starting a feather duster worm colony (the small white kind). My CBB must have ate 1000's of the feather duster worms I had. I have no more now and I've only had the CBB for a week.

Really? Hmmmm I have heard they will eat those little guys... I'm trying to get him to eat. I see him nipping every now and then but he hasn't really gotten his appetite yet and I'm trying to get him going. So far Ive tried mysis, cyclopeeze and a fresh clam from the store.... any suggestions?

Douglas
03-13-2012, 02:56 AM
Try here:

http://www.reefcrew.com/Bionomic/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=9

aqure591
03-13-2012, 03:18 AM
Have you tried checking out J&L aquatics, they are based out of BC. Here is the link for the pods they sell http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/product-info.php?product_ID=rm-tp006

Hope that helps

reefgirl189
03-13-2012, 03:20 AM
Really? Hmmmm I have heard they will eat those little guys... I'm trying to get him to eat. I see him nipping every now and then but he hasn't really gotten his appetite yet and I'm trying to get him going. So far Ive tried mysis, cyclopeeze and a fresh clam from the store.... any suggestions?

I heard the same things and rushed out to get some copepods but he hasn't noticed them.

I got mine to eat by stuffing garlic soaked mysis into rock crevices, as per Kelly from thereefshoppe's suggestion. Then he started to just eat them when they were floating around in the water. He was already used to the taste from "hunting" them in the rocks I guess. I still think it was a complete miracle that I have a CBB that eats. I think they have a reputation for being difficult fish.

shaginwagon13
03-14-2012, 04:05 AM
I heard the same things and rushed out to get some copepods but he hasn't noticed them.

I got mine to eat by stuffing garlic soaked mysis into rock crevices, as per Kelly from thereefshoppe's suggestion. Then he started to just eat them when they were floating around in the water. He was already used to the taste from "hunting" them in the rocks I guess. I still think it was a complete miracle that I have a CBB that eats. I think they have a reputation for being difficult fish.

Ya I tried that with a clam, I broke it open and left it in the tank... the CBB just stared at it once and then never took notice again. Ill keep trying maybe I can get him to eat some pods...

Reefer head
03-14-2012, 04:38 AM
Hey check out Kelly at thereefshoppe he ships and can probaly get em for you www.thereefshoppe.ca

vaporize
03-28-2012, 03:29 AM
If you are in Toronto, you can pickup locally:

http://www.reefaquatica.com/store/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=copepod

dreef
03-28-2012, 03:31 AM
The reef shoppe was supposed to be getting,or did get an order of them in recently.

subman
03-28-2012, 03:56 AM
Check With Ken at Blue World Aquatic in Edmonton.

shaginwagon13
03-28-2012, 03:56 AM
If you are in Toronto, you can pickup locally:

http://www.reefaquatica.com/store/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=copepod

Where abouts is Reef Aquatica located? Their website doesn't have their address and I wanted to go tomorrow and grab some.