PDA

View Full Version : brown paly/zoa

Aquaria
03-12-2012, 05:09 AM
How do I remove them? Kalk paste? Any other ideas? If not what do i do? There starting to get close to my coral

MrGoodbytes
03-12-2012, 05:33 AM
What kind of coral is it? Depending on which type, it may be able to fend for itself. Kalk paste might work to get rid of them if you want them completely gone.

Aquaria
03-12-2012, 06:29 AM
An unknown lps was a hitchhiker I got tried to get an id about a month ago and a few people said it was a pest anenome but it hasn't moved or split in the year iv had it

daniella3d
03-12-2012, 01:22 PM
I usually just pull them off the rock with a tweeser.

You don't want them to decompose in your tank.

Or you can do what a few people are doing and seem to be fashionable these days and boil it and breath the stuff.... then you post a long thread here about how bad you felt and how near death you were...from the palytoxine. :)

I just do the easy way and I pull them off. they usually come righ off the rock or at least they don't recover from such treatment.

I do keep some huge palythoas polyps because they have great reaction to food floating in the water and they are kind of my clean up crew in my nano to eat leftover from the fish that is floating around. I am sure those have a truck load of palytoxine! lol!

How do I remove them? Kalk paste? Any other ideas? If not what do i do? There starting to get close to my coral