PDA

View Full Version : LF Selcon Calgary

Coralgurl
03-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Has anyone seen any around? Red coral is out, picses doesn't carry it, forgot to look when I was at Golds. Fish aren't sick nor am I having issues, but it's become habit to add to their food.

Coralgurl
03-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Anyone? Or is there an alternative to Selcon?

globaldesigns
03-12-2012, 05:37 PM
I would recommend just feeding a varied/healthy diet. I personally don't think adding additives are necessary if the diet is good. Also, then it is easier, and cheaper.

Coralgurl
03-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Thanks! I feed Pacifica Plankton, PE Mysis and occassionally marine cuisine. No pellets, just frozen.

Threw in a nori sheet yesterday for my hippo tang, she didn't touch it, but the wrasses went nuts! I also have another bottle of food for smaller fish, kept in the fridge. Once in a while I will feed my corals and shrimp silversides, now the wrasses have also decided they like these as well and created quite the scene last night, stealing bits from the corals, then my clowns stealing from the wrasses and giving the food back to the corals and then process started again....

globaldesigns
03-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks! I feed Pacifica Plankton, PE Mysis and occassionally marine cuisine. No pellets, just frozen.

Threw in a nori sheet yesterday for my hippo tang, she didn't touch it, but the wrasses went nuts! I also have another bottle of food for smaller fish, kept in the fridge. Once in a while I will feed my corals and shrimp silversides, now the wrasses have also decided they like these as well and created quite the scene last night, stealing bits from the corals, then my clowns stealing from the wrasses and giving the food back to the corals and then process started again....

I would also look at pellets, I myself use 3 different kinds, mixed in a auto feeder. One is a veggie, one meat and the other vitamin... I have a freezer full of frozen, and nori, but never use them. Nori, maybe once a month... Many who have seen my tank, can testify to the fishies health.

I think doing what you do is fine, but if you can use pellets also, you will just add additional nutrients to the fish diets.

Coralgurl
03-12-2012, 08:36 PM
When we first started with sw, we used pellets, but found we ended up with cyano. We stopped the pellets and no more issues, so I've been leary of them. Still have 2 full containers, not sure what we have though, will check when I get home.

tgcoral
03-12-2012, 09:54 PM
I ordered Selcon from J&L Aquatics last week and I had it in 2 days...

jagermaier
03-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Golds usually has Selcon, that's where I bought mine from.