PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Fragalot Order

Littlefishy
03-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together and doing a Fragalot order for Calgary?

sphelps
03-10-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm in provided we have someone reliable to accept the order. And by reliable I mainly just mean someone that's home all the time or can make themselves readily available.

Littlefishy
03-10-2012, 03:38 PM
When I spoke to the organizer in Edmonton they suggested I have it delivered to my work and said as long as the shipment is kept in a warm place it is fine until the evening. Does that sound ok?

jalemboo
03-10-2012, 03:38 PM
me too

Littlefishy
03-10-2012, 03:40 PM
What do you think of the above suggestion? Having it delivered to my work...

sphelps
03-10-2012, 03:48 PM
When I spoke to the organizer in Edmonton they suggested I have it delivered to my work and said as long as the shipment is kept in a warm place it is fine until the evening. Does that sound ok?

Would prefer if we could find someone that would be home and able to float bags right away and perhaps even flag obvious DOAs right away. I'd also prefer to pick up during the day and not the evening. Just given the previous reputation of Fragalot I'd rather not leave too many things to case, it's in everyone's best interest.

Finnegan
03-10-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm in just need a time frame

lockrookie
03-10-2012, 04:15 PM
trust ins sphelps.. there are good reasons for his request. it is best youhave someone pick up p the box right from fed ex rather than have it bounce around in a truck all morning before it gets to you. the frags (especially sps) are fragile and most likely glued on frg stones just before it was packed for shipping. if the fragcomes unglued it could damage teh alredy traumatized frag from bieng snipped to its death point.

secondly burc needs to know right away if there are possibe doa's if he feels teh package wasnt handled or picked up in a timely manor he could refuse replacement. sothat being said if you have someone who has experiaance with frags / fragalot head up the orderit is to the benifit of all parties.

been there done that like burc but have haad both goodand bad dealings.
im quite happy it seems he has stepped up his game all ive beenhearing is good comments this past couple months.

just my 2 cents

Littlefishy
03-10-2012, 04:24 PM
On the site it says an extra $15 and it can delivered Saturday. Would that work? I'd be home then. Other issue, depending on how much we order I am not sure there would be room to float everything in my 26g. Let me know your thoughts...

Littlefishy
03-10-2012, 04:25 PM
And that way I could pick it up from FedEx and people could pick up their shipment at anytime during the day.

fabbroc
03-10-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm in for sure. I'm not sure how long the frags are in transit for but I don't think it's that big of a deal to let them sit for a bit longer

sphelps
03-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Would be good with Saturday delivery :biggrin: but we should verfiy with Fedex office in town. I remember doing a sat delivery with fedex when I lived in Saskatoon, got a phone call Saturday saying order will be delivered Monday due to the office being closed on Saturdays :lol: I did end work out picking it up that day but it was an ordeal.

Littlefishy
03-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Ok well why don't we plan for that. Not sure if any of you are planning on going to the Reef Meet next week but I was going to bring it up there as well.

sphelps
03-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Does anyone know if the bags come tagged with an item number or description?

Arok3000
03-10-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm in for $60.

If it gets organized and delivered anytime after next week, then I can pick up the order during a weekday, store and check frags, and depending on the size of order even deliver frags if it was only a handful of people.

lockrookie
03-10-2012, 04:53 PM
On the site it says an extra $15 and it can delivered Saturday. Would that work? I'd be home then. Other issue, depending on how much we order I am not sure there would be room to float everything in my 26g. Let me know your thoughts...

if enough ppl order shipping is free after 300$

I'm in for sure. I'm not sure how long the frags are in transit for but I don't think it's that big of a deal to let them sit for a bit longer
with burc he wants you to pick upfrags as soon as they arrive he thought i didnt pick up right away the one time and made a big stink about replacing thinking they sat there for half the day.. which i didnt im always at the fedex bldg before they openinthe am.

Does anyone know if the bags come tagged with an item number or description?

he doesnt tag indivudual frag bags he just puts each persons order together in one or two larger bags with your name on it

lockrookie
03-10-2012, 05:07 PM
with fragalot group orders...

one person heads up the order and organises the masses/sets cutoff date

ppl pm the order head thier list of wants desires and hopes to get. its always good to email burc to ask if what you want is available incase its sold out and not changed on site

once everyonne has gotthier orders in to the head person then that person sends an email with the list of ppls names and wha they want to burc as master list for the order. dont delete list it comes in handy when order arrives

decide on a delivery date and have everyone pay by either on site or paypal request from burc email money transfer. have them post when paid.

burc sends order you pick up check it over and msg him if any bags look questionable before ppl pick up thier orders.. this way he knows you have recieved it and that there are issues with order right away. less hastles withtreplacements later on.

this is just based on 4 orders i have done with burc. in the past some whent smooth the last was a nightmare (never order if burc says he is going on holidays after items ship wait till he gets back to order)

Littlefishy
03-10-2012, 05:13 PM
So should I take responsibility as Order Head then?

BMahura
I would be interested.

Littlefishy
Happy to do it :)

Littlefishy
03-10-2012, 05:16 PM
As for now people should start looking into what they would order, to make sure we will meet $300 for free shipping (shouldn't be a problem). And thanks Lockrookie, I have been in touch with the organizer of Edmonton's orders and got the same info. Keep the interest coming!

Littlefishy
03-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Arok3000 maybe we can work together or something?

sphelps
03-10-2012, 05:36 PM
I'll be in for at least $100.

Littlefishy
03-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Excellent :)

SteveConn
03-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Ha! I was going to start this soon myself.. so count me in for at least 80-100$
Any timeline yet for finalizing the order?

milou
03-10-2012, 05:55 PM
what are you guys buying that Vancouver area stores dont have? The shipping will be much cheaper coming from BC.

Howdy
03-10-2012, 06:01 PM
I will be willing to gamble for approx $100.00

Littlefishy
03-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Milou, shipping will be free as from the sounds of it we will be over the $300 limit. How much time do people want before I finalize the order?

sphelps
03-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Milou, shipping will be free as from the sounds of it we will be over the $300 limit. How much time do people want before I finalize the order?

Whenever for me, sooner or later, no rush. Perhaps we should inquire regarding new shipments and website updates.

Littlefishy
03-10-2012, 07:08 PM
They are getting a new shipment in and the website will be updated as of Monday :) I know Acans are in the shipment

MinPhase
03-10-2012, 07:16 PM
I think we should set the cutoff date for March 31. Does that sound like enough time for everyone? Should we order sooner or later? Littlefishy you might want to set up a poll on this thread for cutoff date as well as one for the range in which people are wanting to spend. It would be great if we had someone with a large tank to float the bags in once they're picked up from FedEx. Arok3000 mentioned something, I noticed you already asked him.

Coralgurl
03-10-2012, 08:05 PM
I'd be in for this as well, timing doesn't matter and I have a big tank if required but I'm not home during weekdays but could arrange a flex day if Saturday deliveries are problematic.

strauss
03-11-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm in for 50$ easy

lpsreefer
03-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Ill go in also, if you can get an update on what stick he has left.

Littlefishy
03-11-2012, 03:31 AM
He is updating his stock as of Monday.

What do you say we cut off the orders Sunday March 18th at 12:00 noon. That enough time for everyone?

Everyone needs to PM me what exactly they want and how much it costs. I have already received a couple of orders!

FragIt Dan
03-11-2012, 07:17 AM
I would give a list of several backup choices as my first list with him ended up being substantially out of stock, despite the website indicating items were in stock. Also, as lockrookie said, expect some issues... you get what you pay for. Having said that, and despite melted, bleached, missing and broken/very freshly glued (and unglued) frags, things were so cheap I was ok with things, but I ordered knowing and expecting issues. Some things showed up great and others didn't. Good luck!

Littlefishy
03-11-2012, 06:18 PM
I have PM'd everyone a list of instructions. If anyone new shows interest, leave a message here and I will send you the same PM.

Cut off is Sunday, March 18th at 12:00 noon.

Canuckgod420
03-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Anybody here do any research on this guys track record?
Ever wonder why he got the boot from canreef?

Do some research people before you throw your money away.

reefwars
03-11-2012, 06:58 PM
I have PM'd everyone a list of instructions. If anyone new shows interest, leave a message here and I will send you the same PM.

Cut off is Sunday, March 18th at 12:00 noon.

never recieved any pm:noidea:

Littlefishy
03-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Sorry! Just sent it to you.

Littlefishy
03-11-2012, 08:00 PM

Thanks, we have been doing our research. We figured it was worth a shot, no one is in the hole that much. And I have spoken to several people who have dealt with Burc in the past.

"im quite happy it seems he has stepped up his game all ive beenhearing is good comments this past couple months." -LockRookie

Thanks

FragIt Dan
03-11-2012, 08:00 PM

His colors on a lot of his stuff are nothing like the pictures on his site, while other stuff is pretty close. My dragon soul and hulk acan are spot on like the picture. I would not say you are throwing your money away because his prices are pretty darn good, just have realistic expectations. Your frags will likely have some RTN, freshly cut and some/most will not have the color saturation you see on his site. I was not worried about this because I know they will color up and recover in my tanks, so was happy to save the money. I was also missing some frags, of which he has told me he is sending out tomorrow morning, but he put up a pretty big fuss over it despite it being clear there were 6 pieces missing. If you poke around the web you will find my experience is consistent with other's. HTH

Littlefishy
03-11-2012, 08:23 PM
His colors on a lot of his stuff are nothing like the pictures on his site, while other stuff is pretty close. My dragon soul and hulk acan are spot on like the picture. I would not say you are throwing your money away because his prices are pretty darn good, just have realistic expectations. Your frags will likely have some RTN, freshly cut and some/most will not have the color saturation you see on his site. I was not worried about this because I know they will color up and recover in my tanks, so was happy to save the money. I was also missing some frags, of which he has told me he is sending out tomorrow morning, but he put up a pretty big fuss over it despite it being clear there were 6 pieces missing. If you poke around the web you will find my experience is consistent with other's. HTH

Sounds reasonable. I have done my research and know not to get my hopes up. I hear it is a toss up, great prices but some difficulties along the way. Good to hear the Dragon Soul is nice, it is on my list. Thanks for your input and I will let you know how it turns out!

Kevotron
03-11-2012, 10:50 PM
freshly coming off the edmonton group order id figure i can offer up some feedback..
my order had 9 frags... colors on most of the zoas are a bit off... (different from site for sure)
interms of accuracy of what i selected i would say 40% yes i should of emailed him about it but whatever i didnt have time... so that part can easily be fixed
out of 9 frags no DOA... my purple death paly is funny enough close to death 1/2 closed up and almost melting, so im hoping for a turn around
pokerstar monti i ordered the base is bleached however polyps is out so im guessing it was probably just the stress during transport
favia arrived in great condition, zoas despite not what i requested were all opened the same night, and lastly the most impressed was the ultra rainbow acan, no sign of stress and is doing great in my tank and showing really nice colors.

so to sum it up for 10$-25$ a frag is not a bad gamble... it seems the frags that do the best are the ones that are more common, the rare-er the coral the riskier it is....since everybody wants it and in order to satisfy the demand he isn't giving enough recovery time for the mother colony hence increasing the mortality rate.

FragIt Dan
03-12-2012, 12:00 AM
freshly coming off the edmonton group order id figure i can offer up some feedback..
my order had 9 frags... colors on most of the zoas are a bit off... (different from site for sure)
interms of accuracy of what i selected i would say 40% yes i should of emailed him about it but whatever i didnt have time... so that part can easily be fixed
out of 9 frags no DOA... my purple death paly is funny enough close to death 1/2 closed up and almost melting, so im hoping for a turn around
pokerstar monti i ordered the base is bleached however polyps is out so im guessing it was probably just the stress during transport
favia arrived in great condition, zoas despite not what i requested were all opened the same night, and lastly the most impressed was the ultra rainbow acan, no sign of stress and is doing great in my tank and showing really nice colors.

so to sum it up for 10$-25$ a frag is not a bad gamble... it seems the frags that do the best are the ones that are more common, the rare-er the coral the riskier it is....since everybody wants it and in order to satisfy the demand he isn't giving enough recovery time for the mother colony hence increasing the mortality rate.

I got a purple death Paly as well and am seeing similar results. It is $10/polyp and I got a single polyp so you kinda have to expect it will take a bit to recover from the fragging and shipping. I am expecting it will recover though.

The Grizz
03-12-2012, 12:05 AM

I emailed Burc last night just for some info, received a reply within 15 mins. Asked a few questions in a couple more emails with fast replies. The last email he gave me his contact phone numbers & said call anytime.

Littlefishy
03-12-2012, 03:24 AM
Fragalot site has been UPDATED!

born
03-12-2012, 06:47 AM
Id be down for 50$

Jaro
03-12-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm in for $50-$100 but can't be part of it if order comes into Calgary Mar 21-Apr 2 since I won't be in town then.

Can someone please post up the timing so everyone can plan accordingly.

Littlefishy
03-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Cut off is this upcoming Sunday, March 18th at noon. We won't know our ship date until everything we have ordered had been confirmed in stock and everyone had paid. We are hoping for the following week. Stay tuned for updates.

Sumfingwong
03-12-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm in for $100 to $200. I will PM you now

Littlefishy
03-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Just over 4 days left to get your orders in! Keep em' coming :biggrin:

Littlefishy
03-14-2012, 11:48 PM
Bump

Finnegan
03-15-2012, 08:10 AM
So much.. Cannot decide

I think I need my time :)

Kryptic4L
03-16-2012, 12:01 AM
will be following closely

Littlefishy
03-16-2012, 03:11 PM
2 days left!

Myka
03-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Here's some stuff I recently received from Fragaot. The Lobos got some pretty bad bag rub from poor packing, but they will recover. All in all, fantastic value on some pretty sweet pieces. Sorry about photo quality, my camera went swimming in the reef and isn't working very well anymore. :lol:

PPE Favia
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/Myka82/Mar142012.jpg

Neon Favia
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/Myka82/Mar1420126.jpg

Teal and Gold Lobo
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/Myka82/Mar1320123.jpg

Dragon Soul Favia
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/Myka82/Mar14201214.jpg

Neon Aussie Maze
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/Myka82/Mar1320124.jpg

Sparkle Acan Hillae (sweet piece)
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/Myka82/Mar1320122.jpg

SteveConn
03-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Nice stuff Myka!

Can anyone offer feedback on Fragalot SPS? I am looking at a few of thier items: Pearlberry for instance. Burc stated he would give larger frags if indicated (and with increased price of course), what I am wondering is the quality of SPS on receipt.

Anyone in the Edmonton or other RECENT orders step in here and offer info pls?

Littlefishy
03-17-2012, 03:52 AM
Myka,

How many units of Dragon Soul Favia did you purchase for a piece that size?

Thanks for sharing your experience! Looking forward to completing this order :biggrin:

fixerupper
03-17-2012, 04:05 AM
Nice stuff Myka!

Can anyone offer feedback on Fragalot SPS? I am looking at a few of thier items: Pearlberry for instance. Burc stated he would give larger frags if indicated (and with increased price of course), what I am wondering is the quality of SPS on receipt.

Anyone in the Edmonton or other RECENT orders step in here and offer info pls?

I received 5 awesome looking pieces. Unfortunately, my previously well behaved Coral Beauty has suddenly started to take an interest in my frags. Grrrr.

Myka
03-18-2012, 12:17 AM
How many units of Dragon Soul Favia did you purchase for a piece that size?

6 I think.

Littlefishy
03-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Order closes in 30 minutes!!!

reefwars
03-22-2012, 05:46 PM
So what's every one getting :mrgreen:

Finnegan
03-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Green and purp acan :)

MinPhase
03-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Scolys, and a maze coral <3

Littlefishy
03-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Way... Too... Much...

Flash
03-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Our order was awesome! how was yours?

Littlefishy
03-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Haven't got it yet, arrives this Saturday. Cannot wait!

Flash
03-22-2012, 09:46 PM
i hope you got some acans!!!

reefwars
03-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Too much for me too LOL :p

Mines pretty Much an all you can eat order LOL

Littlefishy
03-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Yea went a bit crazy. Yes got 3 kinds of acans! What kind did you get? Got 2 scolys... Ah!

Flash
03-23-2012, 01:13 AM
i have almost one of every acan he has listed in my tank! the ultra rainbow on the first page is wicked, sparkle acan is super cool, i bought double heads of that one. red/teal is also great! too many to pick from! i love them all!

Littlefishy
03-23-2012, 01:17 AM
I ordered the teal/red, ultra rainbow and fruit loop! So excited

Howdy
03-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Just an update on the Calgary Fragalot order. Littlefishy brought the frags from fedex and everything looks good overall. There are 3 DOA's out of over 100 frags. Garret has 1 SPS that is a RTN and Littlefishy has 2 DOA's. Overall very happy with the packing and shipment. Whoever ordered frags has the info to contact me. I will be home all day. Feel free to either call me or text.

Regards,
Jamie

MinPhase
03-24-2012, 06:23 PM
We should each buy howdy a drink for holding our frags! :p

Littlefishy
03-24-2012, 06:30 PM
I have to say to all those who give Burc a rough time, this order was great. Most everything in my order looks VERY much like what I asked for. You really cannot beat the prices and the order arrived in perfect time, all packed very well. He responds to emails within 10 minutes at the most. I think he has really stepped up his game. Yay for Burc!

SteveConn
03-24-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm very happy to hear this order turned out so well! I am expecting my order on Tuesday... I kept trying to cut back my order but I just couldn't. Decided to go solo due to the size. Very excited to get my stuff! I ordered double and triple sized frags too. Be interesting to see the difference.

I'll let you all know how mine turns out...and yes, I'd be in for a second order... there are STILL a couple things I would love to add to my tank

reefwars
03-25-2012, 02:42 AM
some pics when i got home and got em out, looking great :P

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/90gallon%20reef/016-3.jpg?t=1332642744

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/90gallon%20reef/020-1.jpg?t=1332642769

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/90gallon%20reef/019-2.jpg?t=1332642767

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/90gallon%20reef/024-1.jpg?t=1332642797

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/90gallon%20reef/025-1.jpg?t=1332642805

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/90gallon%20reef/029-1.jpg?t=1332642823

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/90gallon%20reef/032-1.jpg?t=1332642837

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/90gallon%20reef/031-1.jpg?t=1332642835

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/90gallon%20reef/028-1.jpg?t=1332642816

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/90gallon%20reef/021-1.jpg?t=1332642782

out of 23 pieces ordered none were dead, none were bleached.almost all my zoa frags had more heads then advertised all lps is doing great.

the only substitutions that were made were for 2 zoa frags, but the 2 sub frags were good sized.

The Grizz
03-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Looks like you scored there Denny, hope the Red Deer order goes good next week, over $1000 worth.

troni
03-25-2012, 03:42 AM
good to hear yet another good order from frag-a-lot. i cant wait till edmontons next one!

Arok3000
03-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Did anyone order any of the Firehawk Zoas?
I was most looking forwards to these, but they didn't arrive.

reefwars
03-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Did anyone order any of the Firehawk Zoas?
I was most looking forwards to these, but they didn't arrive.

i did but they were swapped out for water melons......as if i didnt have enough of those too lol ,at least mine were:(

if you look on the pic on the site they are kind of similar so i guess he figured close is as close gets lol :P

edit***watermelons sorry

Arok3000
03-25-2012, 05:27 PM
i did but they were swapped out for water melons......as if i didnt have enough of those too lol ,at least mine were:(

if you look on the pic on the site they are kind of similar so i guess he figured close is as close gets lol :P

edit***watermelons sorry

Yeah, I got the watermelons in place of them also.
Oh well, they were generously sized and everything opened up, so no major complaints.

reefwars
03-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I got the watermelons in place of them also.
Oh well, they were generously sized and everything opened up, so no major complaints.

same here my watermelon frag he did send is fairly big, all of my zoa frags had more heads then advertised.

out of the 23 frags i ordered the only ones i didnt get were

siver and red zoas, firehawk but i was given others and then at a good size for all.

Littlefishy
03-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Glad to hear everyone is generally pleased! I was really blown away by how big the frags were. I did get my silver rose. Some pictures below :)

I got 2 scoly, 3 types of acan (the rainbows are half shut because a hermit crab decided to push them under my mushroom this morning), a crazy rainbow mushroom and a nice piece of dragon soul favia. Very happy!

Littlefishy
03-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Oh and I got way more but pictures are to come, haha.