PDA

View Full Version : gobies in a 33?

Tanman
03-07-2004, 01:29 AM
hi there i was just wondering if there is any species of gobies or bottom dwellers that i can put in my 33g tank, with my sump its about a 55. but the surface area is only 33. i have some brown algae on top of my sand and i need something to flip the sand for me. i know most will die in my tank because they'll eat all the microcrustaceans and then eventually starve to death and thats the last thing i want to do! thanks in advance. :razz:

Bob I
03-07-2004, 02:24 AM
You might want to consider a sand sifting star. I am having good luck with one in my 50. I know brown algae is a PITA. As to gobies, I know about Yellow headed gobies, but they make a H**l of a mess.

Quinn
03-07-2004, 03:07 AM
Locate the cause of problem rather than trying to treat the symptoms... just my opinion. :smile:

AJ_77
03-07-2004, 03:52 AM
What do you have for a cleanup crew now?

Tanman
03-07-2004, 07:57 AM
i'm not sure if you can call a brittle star or serpant star a cleaner, but i got one of those and a bunch of hermit crabs, oh and snails too. thats about it. i use RO water in my tank as well.

the system has been moved recently. early january, shouldn't the system have cleared it self up from the move yet? i'm doing everything that the previouse guy that owned it did and when i got it it was pretty mint! :mrgreen:

StirCrazy
03-07-2004, 03:02 PM
I had two gold spotted golbies in a 25 gal, they eat frozen mysis fine so it wasn't a problem.

Steve