PDA

View Full Version : superglue story

Cubeman
03-09-2012, 11:09 PM
I unknowingly dripped some frag superglue on one of my fish towels today and then stepped on it with my socked foot :redface: Didn't notice until I went to step away and my sock had stuck to the towel and my foot was stuck to the inside of my sock :help: The wife thought it was hilarious as we cut my sock off the towel and ripped the skin off my foot.

I can't be the only one to have screwed up while fragging - share your stories folks!

toytech
03-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Fix stuff at work with superglue ,went to hand the bottle back and it was hanging off the end of my finger, had to cut the skin with a razor . Skins still on the bottle months after.

reefwars
03-09-2012, 11:35 PM
just as i finished reading this i glue my fingers to the towel with the tailor aquatics lol oh well back to making around 50 nice zoa frags:P

Nano
03-09-2012, 11:41 PM
I accidentally glued a frag to my finger just last night lol got the zoos off fine but i still have glue on my fingers :lol:

Borderjumper
03-10-2012, 12:46 AM
OH Gareth... We're waiting :mrgreen:

christyf5
03-10-2012, 02:21 AM
well for me, it hasn't been a successful fragging session without gluing one part of me to another part of me. Most notably, I glued my lip to my teeth once...:rolleyes:

fishytime
03-10-2012, 03:22 AM
Most notably, I glued my lip to my teeth once...:rolleyes:

your not supposed to be sniffing the glue Christy!!!:razz:

Mike-fish
03-10-2012, 03:23 AM
well for me, it hasn't been a successful fragging session without gluing one part of me to another part of me. Most notably, I glued my lip to my teeth once...:rolleyes:

how on earth did you pull that one off :lol:. for me glued the bottle to the top of my hand:redface:. and I've had my share of stuck fingers too.

christyf5
03-10-2012, 03:29 AM
your not supposed to be sniffing the glue Christy!!!:razz:

LOL, I like sharpie markers better :razz:

It goes like this, glue frag, get glue on fingers. Try to chew off glue after it sets. Ooops its so thick it hasn't actually set yet, don't let lips close, oops lip glued to tooth.

Sadly its happened more than once. I've also glued my lips together and my fingers together and my finger to my lip....it goes on and on. I think I've glued my hand to the towel as well so I don't use towels to wipe off excess superglue anymore (I use my fingers, bwahahahah j/k) :razz: Me and superglue are just a bad combo, you'd think I would have learned by now :rolleyes:

Mike-fish
03-10-2012, 03:42 AM
this has to be one of the best / funniest threads on here (or at least that I've found):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

cuz
03-10-2012, 04:04 AM
i had some residual glue stay on the water surface after gluing a frag down, must have snagged it with the inside of my elbow, next thing I new my forearm was glued up to my bicep. That one sucked to cut free!!

Littlefishy
03-10-2012, 04:23 AM
Not sure if you guys know nail polish remover (acetone) works to break down the glue? Works great... Maybe not in your mouth though...

Casey8
03-10-2012, 04:32 AM
Not sure if you guys know nail polish remover (acetone) works to break down the glue? Works great... Maybe not in your mouth though...

Thanks for sharing this trick. I used to have glue all over my fingers everytime I used the runny glue from dollar store, but just couldn't find the solution how to get rid of it. But since I change to the glue that is called thick gel, it is super easy now.

fishytime
03-10-2012, 04:32 AM

aw!.....your gonna ruin the fun by telling peeps that:wink:

Littlefishy
03-10-2012, 04:40 AM
Haha I had to learn that trick quickly as in my profession I use super glue a lot! I'd take that over a razor blade... Eek!

whatcaneyedo
03-10-2012, 05:23 AM
The end of my super glue tube was blocked and I squeezed it a little too hard... The tube popped and sprayed superglue everywhere including my face! I rushed to the bathroom and rinsed my eyes out with water. Luckily nothing stuck together but I came close.

imisky
03-10-2012, 06:07 AM
super glued (liquid kind) stainless steel mesh together to a tube as filter guard for a freshwater setup before...That was the day I learnt that superglue heats up rapidly when curing. Needless to say, I had grill marks on my fingers for weeks

marie
03-10-2012, 06:13 AM
Fix stuff at work with superglue ,went to hand the bottle back and it was hanging off the end of my finger, had to cut the skin with a razor . Skins still on the bottle months after.

I think I would rather wear a glue bottle attached to my finger for a week or so then use a razor blade to remove it :lol:

toytech
03-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Being a mechanic you get used to leaving skin behind after a job.

Casey8
03-11-2012, 12:24 AM

LOL

cuz
03-11-2012, 01:03 AM

lol..and as a mechanic you get used to crazy glueing your skin after a wrench slips..

Lance
03-11-2012, 01:30 AM
I glued my lip to my teeth once...:rolleyes:

Have to try that one on the wifey!

toytech
03-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Super glue dosent work very well on cuts i find , atleast the stuff we have at work dosent , so i just rub some dirt in em .

Borderjumper
03-11-2012, 01:43 AM
:fish::fish:

christyf5
03-11-2012, 01:55 AM

Have enough saved for another trip to Mexico already eh? :wink:

Lance
03-11-2012, 03:41 AM
Have enough saved for another trip to Mexico already eh? :wink:

Yeah, you'd think I'd learn wouldn't you.

Dyspnea
03-11-2012, 03:49 AM
I was repairing a piece of a powerhead, used a little extra super glue to make sure it would hold. I put it down and while waiting I read the instructions. Somewhere I read "do not get in eyes" and I thought too myself who would do something that stupid.

Well I picked up the piece too inspect it and it snapped between my fingers sending a glob of glue into my left eye. It scared the crap out of me. The glue stun like a bugger (oh did it sting). I kept my eye pried open and flushed my eye in the kitchen sink. Though for sure I was going too glue my eye shut.

Only me that could happen too.