PDA

View Full Version : RO/Di water

Ultimatom
03-09-2012, 11:21 AM
I was wondering if everyone was using ro/di water with a chloramine filter in it since red deer city is using chloramine in there water. I just bought a rodi system online and red afterward that you need a declhoraminator if your city does use chloramine.
Any help or advice welcome
Thank you

Aquattro
03-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Try a search on this, it was discussed a few weeks back.

mike31154
03-09-2012, 01:24 PM
A quick answer would be that generally a RODI dealing with Chloramine needs an extra carbon stage, that is two carbon before the RO membrane rather than just one.

Aquattro
03-09-2012, 01:29 PM
A quick answer would be that generally a RODI dealing with Chloramine needs an extra carbon stage, that is two carbon before the RO membrane rather than just one.

A less quick answer is I don't do this because I'd never heard of it before, and I've had no apparent issues. The thread discussing it gives several references and links to info on the subject. :)

mike31154
03-09-2012, 03:55 PM
You're right, I guess a quick answer can open one up to possibly significant errors. Just that my unit was shipped as a Chloramine capable RODI & the only difference between this & the regular Chlorine model was an additional carbon stage. Once I found out Greater Vernon uses Chlorine, I removed the extra carbon stage & replaced it with an additional poly pre filter.

I found the link to the thread with all the expert info too though:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81907

Ultimatom
03-09-2012, 04:13 PM
i tryed to switch the unit b4 it got sent here from bulk reef supplies in the states but I was too late.. But from what i get from the guy on the phone we just need to buy the proper filters wich comes in a kit and i believe he told me i'd need a refill carthridge or something like that