PDA

View Full Version : Condylactus?

littleboyblue16
03-06-2004, 05:45 AM
Anyone got information on Condylactus (Alantic) Aneome....

just reading about them, i seen on a website i guy have one, and i think their really really pretty :P

Matt

Bob I
03-07-2004, 12:31 AM
Anyone got information on Condylactus (Alantic) Aneome....

just reading about them, i seen on a website i guy have one, and i think their really really pretty :P

Matt

Condylactus Anemones are from the Atlantic. They are usually readily available. Sure they are purty, but it is not easy to get Pacific fish to host with them. It is quite possible, however. I have a Tomato Clown that hosts with Toadstool Leathers and Frilly Mushrooms. I am certain it would love a Condylactus. It just ain't going to happen here. :mrgreen:

littleboyblue16
03-07-2004, 05:17 PM
yeah i found this website that said they are hard to find a host for them, but i talked to my work and asked if we could get one in and they said yes, and i told them about the host thing and they said if he eats on then you can always get another one free of charge....

matt

Bob I
03-07-2004, 05:29 PM
I would think a Tomato Clown would be best. Mine was tank bred, and yet he wants to host with anything that looks vaguely like an anemone. :mrgreen:

Quinn
03-07-2004, 08:28 PM
yeah i found this website that said they are hard to find a host for them, but i talked to my work and asked if we could get one in and they said yes, and i told them about the host thing and they said if he eats on then you can always get another one free of charge....

matt

Another clown? :neutral:

littleboyblue16
03-08-2004, 04:17 AM
:) i donno what to say haha

mnoll406
03-22-2004, 04:43 PM
Porcellain crab will host in Condy's. Actually really neat anenomes highly underrated. I saw beautiful condy's in Mexico. They move around quite a bit in my experience.

Mike

Gujustud
03-22-2004, 05:41 PM
I was close to buying one last week, but decided to do some research. From what I read, is that it is hard to get clowns to host with them. Your best luck will be with a Clarkii.

They do tend to grow quite large, and they are also known to eat small fish. However if you have a fish that has hosted with it, they will usually fend off any other fish before the condy eats them. Again this is info I've got by reading on the net. There is a good anenome FAQ out there, I'll find it and post it up.

littleboyblue16
03-22-2004, 10:53 PM
well i plann just to learn about them, my next big set up is my 16ltr, but i don't know what to add in it, and i want to put pc lighting on it, but that will have to wait untill i move to get one, trying to save my money...