PDA

View Full Version : Frag trading transfers

Coralgurl
03-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Is it safe to assume that coral frags would be alright to spend a day in a container/bag considering the time spent in transport? A fellow reefer and I both work downtown, but live on opposite sides of Calgary. Would be quite convenient to trade corals downtown, but we both want to ensure the corals will be fine for the day. Thanks

Aquattro
03-06-2012, 09:49 PM
If you maintain temp, you should be fine.

Reef Tank Engineer
03-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Use a styrofoam box and use the hand warmers for heat packs

The Grizz
03-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Should not be an issue considering when LFS place orders to there supplies they spend more then a day in a bag / container, just keep them warm. Heat packs and shredded paper packed around the bag will do the trick.

FragIt Dan
03-07-2012, 02:12 AM
Dito on the others' comments. They will be fine if you take appropriate measures, some of which are outlined in the other posts. There are some assumptions as well about proper amounts of water and air in the bags, not putting frags together in the same bag etc. I transport frags for deliveries for a few hours in Tupperware inside a cooler and haven't had a problem.

Coralgurl
03-07-2012, 02:22 AM
I will make sure I have a cooler and heat packs for them, they should be fine! Thanks for the info!