PDA

View Full Version : Parasite? Help?!

Littlefishy
03-06-2012, 01:12 AM
My McCosker Flasher Wrasse is showing signs of trouble. This morning I noticed a pale patch above his fin, but didn't think much of it. Now tonight it appears as the scales have fallen or been rubbed off, there is no coloration at all on that spot. I do not see white powdery appearances or "salting". He was added last Friday evening (so 3 days now), and was acclimated VERY carefully. Picture is below.

Specific Gravity: 1.025
Salinity: 33.6
Temp: 80.7

All other levels at 0 (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate).

PLEASE HELP!!!

Littlefishy
03-06-2012, 01:29 AM
And this is a picture of the same spot yesterday, you can see it is slightly paler.

daniella3d
03-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Quarantine and treat it with Seachem Paraguard.

warriorcookie
03-06-2012, 02:39 AM
Do you have a UV on that tank?

MinPhase
03-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Do you have a UV on that tank?

It's a ecoxotic stunner UV, not very strong. Why?

globaldesigns
03-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Is it eating? Is it breathing normally? and swimming normally?

If so, I would personally leave it alone... If it is a new addition, maybe he was bullied. Don't panic, chasing him to QT will just stress the poor thing out, more if he is already stressed.

Just my 2 cents.

MinPhase
03-06-2012, 03:48 PM
He's eating fine and breathing fine. No bullies, just a royal gramma and a yasha goby. He got spooked by something he other day, maybe a peppermint shrimp :p. I'd rather not QT as well. Will keep an eye on it

kida
03-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Normally when a fish is sick it won't eat, from what I've experienced, and it may lay on the ground breathing heavily. I would give it a few days, throw in some fish FX if you still have any - its an immunity booster. Other than that there's the Herbatana, in the orange bottle - it's all natural, with no copper so it won't harm your inverts or coral.

-Nikita =)

Littlefishy
03-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Yea I say we just wait and see how he does. QT will probably just stress him out further. He's feeding completely normal and swimming around flashing. And we should try that Herbatina or whatever it is called. Thanks for the advice! :biggrin:

toytech
03-06-2012, 05:37 PM
I recently added a blue flahser wrasse and he got a spot like that soon after adding him on top of his head .I think he was spooked and bounced off my cover, it went away in a week or two and hes was none the worse for wear.

Littlefishy
03-06-2012, 06:50 PM
I recently added a blue flahser wrasse and he got a spot like that soon after adding him on top of his head .I think he was spooked and bounced off my cover, it went away in a week or two and hes was none the worse for wear.

Hey that is comforting to hear, thanks. Yea it really seems more like an injury than a parasite or something. I'll keep a very close eye on things. Thanks again :wink:

toytech
03-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Np ,great looking fish by the way , love the flasher wrasses.

Littlefishy
03-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Np ,great looking fish by the way , love the flasher wrasses.

Thanks :) I really like him. His name is Oscar the McCosker :biggrin: