PDA

View Full Version : The Little Things (video)

MarkoD
03-05-2012, 02:52 PM
heres a video you guys might like. shows aspects of a reef we dont usually notice. its a long video, but it gets better the more you watch

http://vimeo.com/eunjae/lembeh-dec-2011

globaldesigns
03-05-2012, 04:33 PM
beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

RCFA
03-05-2012, 06:12 PM
What's in the clownfishes mouth at 7:10? My guess is a tongue eating louse (e.g. Cymothoa exigua), but can't be sure. If it is that is pretty crazy to see in a video like that!

fishoholic
03-08-2012, 01:34 PM
What's in the clownfishes mouth at 7:10? My guess is a tongue eating louse (e.g. Cymothoa exigua), but can't be sure. If it is that is pretty crazy to see in a video like that!

I was thinking the same thing about the clownfish.

Awesome video :thumb:

scubadawg
03-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the Video, Now I know what to look forward to, I have a trip booked there in Aug 2013

The plan is to dive North Sulawesi in Indonesia where we will dive both Bunaken National Park and the Lembeh Strait. If you like critters, there are unbelievably exotic and rare animals many of which I had to look up as I had no clue what they were. Plus can we say coconut octopus, mimic octopus, wunderpuss and a whole slew of other critters that you can actually interact with? :)

This 2 week trip includes:

-round trip airfare from Edmonton to Manado (Indonesia) return
-3 nights on the "Bunaken side" at Minahasa Lagoon with 3 days of diving (approx. 8 tanks)
-7* nights in the Lembeh Strait at Eco Divers Resort Lembeh (approx 18 tanks, plus up to 4 night dives)
-tanks, weights, airfills
-private boats for both resorts (we're booking the entire resort on the Lembeh side!)
-professional local divemasters as guides (they were able to find an incredible amount of life!)
-dive guide ratio of approx 4-5 divers to 1 guide to avoid crowding
-flexible site schedule as per the wishes of the group (we'll have at least 2 boats at all times so the entire group can opt to dive multiple sites, or we can dive the same site - it's up to us)
-all meals at the resorts (breakfast, lunch and supper)
-airport transfers to the resorts, transfers between resorts across the tip of N. Sulawesi, local sales tax

Delphinus
03-08-2012, 03:04 PM
August 2013! Man the wait would be killing me. That's some patience you have!

scubadawg
03-08-2012, 03:10 PM
End of July, I'm going back to the Galapagos islands to go diving with the whale sharks for a week.

FishyFishy!
03-08-2012, 05:07 PM
I just put that full screen on my 60" and holy crap it looked good.... great find!

Doc_Polit
03-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Awesome video!

Thanks for sharing.