PDA

View Full Version : Flow options for 180 SPS

Millepora_Maniac
03-02-2012, 04:33 PM
HI there everyone,

as you may have seen on my previous post, i am looking to upgrade the flow in my 180 display. I have been looking at the Tunze 6105 and 6205 models, and i was wondering who uses what. Would you guys recomned that i use the bigger one or is that going to be a waste of money?

Also, as far as a controller goes, i am currently using the digital aquatics controller system and was wondering if you feel i should use the real tunze multicontroller, or if i should use the digital aquatics tunze controller. There is a 100 dollar difference in this price as well.

I am currently using an MP-40es on one side and a tunze 6125 on the other, supplemented by a wavebox, and a 900 gph return pump.

I am thinking about going out and buying the two pump kit from J&L but hopefully you guys can guide me to ensure i don't waste my money. The difference in cost is about 400 bucks.

Thanks in advance - MM

Bblinks
03-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Hey dude, I got 4 6105's on my 300 and that has given me enough flow. It also comes with jumper to boost up the output of the pump. I am currently running only the 12V jumpers, if I put the 36V jumpers in there it is like a fricken sand storm in the tank. I have both ecotech and tunze and truthfully I am a huge fan of the look of the ecotech but thats about it. Tunze has way better controllabilty and its near silent. Come on by and check out the tank next time you are near by, I am just 5 minutes away from JL. I think 6105 is plenty enough and now they comes with the wide flow gate to compete with ecotech.

Millepora_Maniac
03-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the reply B, you have a PM

Has anyone used the Tunze's with the digital aquatics controller? I want to make sure these are just as good as the tunze multicontroller

thanks!

MarkoD
03-03-2012, 06:29 PM
i have a 180 gallon and i use:

2 MP40esw
4 koralia 4 on a wave maker
my return pump is about 1900GPH.

i get a lot of flow and no dead spots