PDA

View Full Version : micro bubbles.

StirCrazy
07-08-2002, 09:28 PM
I seam to have a smal amount of micro bubbles comming from my returns.. what causes this? I am thinking it is because I have my holes for my anit syphon above the waterline and it is acting like a crude venturie.. and I thinking along the right lines?

Steve

Aquattro
07-08-2002, 09:39 PM
Possible. Or the same thing is happening from a leak in your return line. Plug the anti syphon holes and see if the bublles go away!!

StirCrazy
07-08-2002, 09:41 PM
darn, good idea.. now why didn't I think of that LOL..

Steve

DJ88
07-08-2002, 09:47 PM
How many bubbles in your sump? Are they all being taken up by the baffles?

and could sniffing too many fluids on ship have anythig to do with it? ;) :D hee hee. lol

Aquattro
07-08-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by DJ88:

and could sniffing too many fluids on ship have anythig to do with it? ;) :D hee hee. lol<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You may have found the problem!! :D

StirCrazy
07-08-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by DJ88:
How many bubbles in your sump? Are they all being taken up by the baffles?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hmm none at the pump end and I can see any in the clear hose from the pump.

and could sniffing too many fluids on ship have anythig to do with it? ;) :D hee hee. lol<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well I have been off ship for just over a year so I thought that would have subsided by now LOL

Anyways I tried plugging my holes and no diff, what I am getting is a brief pulse of micro bubbles (about 1 sec in duration) about every minute.

Not as bad as I first suspected...

Steve

DJ88
07-08-2002, 10:38 PM
Well you will find out if it is a hole in a line when you start seeing some salt creep on it. ONe indication..

keep looking.. I am sure you will find it.. smile.gif

SuperFudge
07-08-2002, 10:44 PM
Steve,

If any pump is plumbed externally,it is probably getting air on the intake side of the pump...this was the case on a few that ive plumbed.(Teflon chincing ;) )

If it is in the sump,and no bubbles apparent where the pump sits,those anti siphons are the problem...(another that ive done).

I fixed them by placing the holes about 3/4" below water level,this way it will only siphon until water drops below this level,just make sure your sump can handle the extra capacity.. ;) .

Marc