PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any experience using a Humidity Sensing Fan?

strickrick
02-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Was wondering if this would be a good solution to use on an enclosed fish room with a 465 gal w/ 125 gal sump?

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/qt-series-humidity-sensing-fan-energy-star-100-cfm/914306

Not sure if the humidity setpoint is selectable so I'm a little weary if the thing will ever cut out.

Any thoughts, please reply.

strickrick
02-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Their site doesn't list the exact model but can I assume it operates the same?

http://www.nutone.com/product-detail.asp?ProductID=11229

If so, now I have another issue stating:

• Sensaire® technology detects the rapid rise in humidity over time

I think its safe to say the humidity will be constant and not a sudden spike so will this not work for the application?

mark
02-28-2012, 10:03 PM
think I'd be looking at a cheaper fan and a $20 dehumidistat

Realshow
02-28-2012, 11:38 PM
I would recommend one of the Panasonic fans. awesome fans & extremely quite.
They are pricey as well but definitely worth the cash.also much better in my opinion than a nutone. you can get them online through ebay etc gore a better deal . I would not buy anything else after using one of these .

sphelps
02-28-2012, 11:56 PM
I have one of the auto switches, not built in the fan but the actual switch has the humidity sensor. I think the switch point must be pretty high, I don't think I've ever seen it on but then again the room doesn't seem humid at all. I think for peace of mind being able to set the humidity level is a worth while feature.

Realshow
02-29-2012, 01:37 AM
:lol: Some of the Panasonic fans have humidity switches built in to automatically take care of everything. (wow I sound like a salesman Lol)

strickrick
02-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys, I'll check on the options.

lastlight
02-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Fan and separate humidistat here. Mine runs all the time... I'm guessing more than half! Fan was maybe $40 and still running so only time will tell. I have my fishroom dialed to 45%.

Corbin
03-01-2012, 04:47 AM
Im a contractor and when we install auto sensing fans they have a dial inside them u can adjust, they may run all the time for the first few days depending on the % setting

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk

FragIt Dan
03-01-2012, 07:26 AM
think I'd be looking at a cheaper fan and a $20 dehumidistat

+1. I have installed humidistats on external bathroom fans. Pretty easy and allows the fan to be placed anywhere, the humidistat to go anywhere, adjustable humidity set point and selection or replacement of any fan. You might want to look at a dehumidifier though, just to confuse things :).

FragIt Dan