PDA

View Full Version : New LED Submersible

RuGlu6
02-28-2012, 03:51 AM
Beamswork 35" Reef Bright LED Submersible

http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Submersible-p/56222.htm

They used to be very low wattage, something like 0.06W (http://www.aquatraders.com/Odyssea-35in-Blue-Moon-LED-Light-p/56102.htm)
Now they are 1 watt.
I am thinking about getting a 35" strip.
Does anyone on here has these lights or have herd anything?
thx

RuGlu6
02-29-2012, 06:38 PM
No one has herd anything?

Nano
02-29-2012, 06:47 PM
what do you use them for? :lol:

MarkoD
02-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Beamswork 35" Reef Bright LED Submersible

http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Submersible-p/56222.htm

They used to be very low wattage, something like 0.06W (http://www.aquatraders.com/Odyssea-35in-Blue-Moon-LED-Light-p/56102.htm)
Now they are 1 watt.
I am thinking about getting a 35" strip.
Does anyone on here has these lights or have herd anything?
thx

In reference to your sig. What are you trying to loosen?

Aquattro
02-29-2012, 07:28 PM
If you want to correct someone's spelling, send them a PM. Anything else is just rude...

MarkoD
02-29-2012, 08:06 PM
It was a serious question.

Aquattro
02-29-2012, 08:10 PM
It was a serious question.

Really?? Ok, here, I'll explain it to you. Clearly he misspelled Lose for Loose, and means "When people lose everything and they have nothing else to lose they "lose it"" Which makes perfect sense and I'm pretty sure EVERYONE else got that....
Again, off topic, and if you have a serious question (right...) about unrelated topics, use PM.

MarkoD
02-29-2012, 08:25 PM
I was just trying to help him.

Aquattro
02-29-2012, 08:31 PM
I was just trying to help him.

Maybe he'll nominate you for your efforts...

The Grizz
02-29-2012, 08:34 PM
BACK TO TOPIC!!

I have seen these is a few tanks and I think they are more for looks then anything else. I would put these under some rock work and have them on when my lights are really dim to get the full affect.

The Grizz
02-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Also they might look cool across the bottom of the front glass shining on the corals and rock.

MarkoD
02-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Also they might look cool across the bottom of the front glass shining on the corals and rock.

It would. But how would you hide it?

Nano
02-29-2012, 08:52 PM
I would toss a bit of rock over it in that case, just so light shines through, but you dont see the fixture if that makes sense

MarkoD
02-29-2012, 08:55 PM
I would toss a bit of rock over it in that case, just so light shines through, but you dont see the fixture if that makes sense

But it's 35 inches long

The Grizz
02-29-2012, 09:46 PM

Add a nice decorative trim across the front of the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RuGlu6
03-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Really?? Ok, here, I'll explain it to you. Clearly he misspelled Lose for Loose, and means "When people lose everything and they have nothing else to lose they "lose it"" Which makes perfect sense and I'm pretty sure EVERYONE else got that....
Again, off topic, and if you have a serious question (right...) about unrelated topics, use PM.

Sorry guys, English is not my 1st language and thank you for correction, appreciate that.
I did a spell check but obviously I was wrong.
Corrected the signature to reflect the true meaning.

RuGlu6
03-02-2012, 12:04 AM
what do you use them for? :lol:

I was thinking about suspending it on top of the rock work just below the tank rim (by zip tying it to the mid section of the tank plastic rim ) to get corals to fluoresce more, now that these lights are 1Watt.
My tank is 36" long so 35" seemed like a good choice. They also have smaller and larger ones.
This way it would not be visible from the side because I have black tape at the top to hide water level, so it will sit there barely submerged.

mike31154
03-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Only had a quick read here, but I would think a higher power submersible LED strip could be effective as main lighting, not just decorative. Think about it, water cooled (don't neet a huge heat sink) & one of the best ways of getting the most out of any light is having it closer to the surface of the water, hence closer to the items you are targeting. Wouldn't it be safe to assume that since it's actually in the water, you're getting more light to your livestock? It wouldn't surprise me that in the future more manufacturers will explore this option. Only real downside would be the loss of 'shimmer'.

emerald crab
03-04-2012, 02:50 PM
What about the algal build-up?

RuGlu6
03-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Only had a quick read here, but I would think a higher power submersible LED strip could be effective as main lighting, not just decorative. Think about it, water cooled (don't neet a huge heat sink) & one of the best ways of getting the most out of any light is having it closer to the surface of the water, hence closer to the items you are targeting. Wouldn't it be safe to assume that since it's actually in the water, you're getting more light to your livestock? It wouldn't surprise me that in the future more manufacturers will explore this option. Only real downside would be the loss of 'shimmer'.

This was my thinking as well.
Because it is now a higher wattage it will illuminate better. In terms of heat i am not sure if the will generate much, but it is a good point. KingEdPet is using 2W LEDs and the have heat sinks attached so you could be right about some heat being generated.

http://www.aquatraders.com/

They also now have "all white" and "White / Blue mix" versions of these submersible LED's, so i guess they are implying that it could be more then just decorative lighting.

RuGlu6
03-04-2012, 08:04 PM
What about the algal build-up?

This is also a good point as it will be slightly or fully submerged.
I am planning to have it suspended just by a couple of zip ties under the mid tank plastic rim divider by display tank front rim, so it will be relatively easy to slide it out and clean the glass, or even clean with the rough side of the dish washing sponge without taking it out of the tank.

So the main idea is to get coral colors to "pop" and possibly supplement actinic spectrum at the same time.

Reefie
03-04-2012, 09:49 PM
But it's 35 inches long

That's what SHE said...........

Haha, sorry to go off-topic. I just couldn't help myself.

mexxedm
03-05-2012, 05:47 AM
If you want to correct someone's spelling, send them a PM. Anything else is just rude...
Nice one, Aquattro (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=16). I love your comments. There are a lot of people like that on here. It's good that someone speak up. I got ashamed by people like him on here multiple times. I am now afraid to start a new topic.